Maine - Mass shooting

golfaddict1

36 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Let’s ban speed limits too!  
Some people circumvent the speed limit signs, so what’s the point?   Let’s just remove them. 

You could make that point for a lot of laws that people choose not to follow for whatever reason, and there are a lot of scofflaws out there lol. 

On 10/27/2023 at 6:43 AM, ChimpGrip said:

Mental health crisis 

Other countries have people that experience mental health crisis and they don't have mass shootings.  Also, a very small # of people having a mental health crisis are ever violent.  There is one thing common to every mass shooting and that is guns.  High-capacity weapons of war is probably a good place to look if one wanted to identify the problem of mass shootings.  

It's interesting, and not in a good way, that we choose to accept the violent death of ten's of thousands of people every year just so a small number of people don't cry and scream about rights that they are not losing.  Another place I would look if I wanted to find a solution is to look at who has stopped any legislation from succeeding and vote them out.  Last I heard the # of people who want sensible gun legislation is up around 85-90%.  

We pay a high price for doing nothing.   Just maybe doing 'something' can lower the number below.  Worth a shot.  

tumblr_ab5e934179d4a3c873398054e9b2fd23_95414aa7_540.jpg.c7ec3e98a04feb4ede7842c5ce42c9c0.jpg 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Other countries have people that experience mental health crisis and they don't have mass shootings.  Also, a very small # of people having a mental health crisis are ever violent.  There is one thing common to every mass shooting and that is guns.  High-capacity weapons of war is probably a good place to look if one wanted to identify the problem of mass shootings.  

It's interesting, and not in a good way, that we choose to accept the violent death of ten's of thousands of people every year just so a small number of people don't cry and scream about rights that they are not losing.  Another place I would look if I wanted to find a solution is to look at who has stopped any legislation from succeeding and vote them out.  Last I heard the # of people who want sensible gun legislation is up around 85-90%.  

We pay a high price for doing nothing.   Just maybe doing 'something' can lower the number below.  Worth a shot.  

tumblr_ab5e934179d4a3c873398054e9b2fd23_95414aa7_540.jpg.c7ec3e98a04feb4ede7842c5ce42c9c0.jpg 

What do you propose we do?

17 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

What do you propose we do?

Are you really asking this?  I thought you were smart.  How about no more weapons of war.  No more high capacity clips.  Implement the same thing that worked last time before Republicans let the law expire.  

Another piece of advice...never listen to somebody who offers nothing and thinks it is acceptable that people die it such large numbers unnecessarily...and is a racist POS as well.  ☝️

On 10/26/2023 at 6:51 PM, On2whls said:

Just curious as to what you are basing this statement on.  

3 reasons.  

1) On the assumption that people born here are not genetically more prone to criminal behavior than people elsewhere.  

2) Prisons are big business

3) it is a clever way to disenfranchise large #'s of people.  Especially after civil rights upset so many.  

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/the-u-s-spends-billions-to-lock-people-up-but-very-little-to-help-them-once-theyre-released

https://www.vox.com/2015/7/13/8913297/mass-incarceration-maps-charts

https://www.vox.com/2015/7/13/8913297/mass-incarceration-maps-charts

https://health.gov/healthypeople/priority-areas/social-determinants-health/literature-summaries/incarceration

https://www.americanactionforum.org/research/incarceration-and-poverty-in-the-united-states/

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/global/

On 10/26/2023 at 9:02 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Would be a helluva lot more posts in this thread if the mass murderer followed and liked Democrat posts on X (Twitter) vs GOP and had a darker skin tone.   

That goes without saying.  All my friends have been asking themselves what is wrong with the lighter complexioned folk in this country.  My friends are all gringos. lol.  Either way, this crap is has gotten old and something needs to be done.  It's way to easy for these alt r freaks to get a hold of guns and pull this off.  

42 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Are you really asking this?  I thought you were smart.  How about no more weapons of war.  No more high capacity clips.  Implement the same thing that worked last time before Republicans let the law expire.  

Another piece of advice...never listen to somebody who offers nothing and thinks it is acceptable that people die it such large numbers unnecessarily...and is a racist POS as well.  ☝️

I didn’t take a stance, did I? I asked, from a neutral stance, what you would do. Is that not fair? 

First of all, they’re “magazines”, not “clips” (already showing how little you know about firearms and how much you probably listen to people who also know nothing). Second, there are multiple cases where the shooter did NOT have an AR rifle(which is a sporting rifle, not an assault rifle - you probably didn’t know that either) and caused mass casualties.
Charles Whitman murdered 16 people with a deer rifle at distances up to 600 yards (Google it) - AR rifles are not effective at that range, generally speaking. Shall we ban those too? Ban guns all together? Not going to happen. 

Point being - someone who wants to do harm will. The gun itself does not matter near as much as proficiency with it. Ask anyone in law enforcement and they’ll tell you the same thing. 

I thought maybe you were smart. 

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

I didn’t take a stance, did I? I asked, from a neutral stance, what you would do. Is that not fair? 

Sure you didn't.  

First of all, they’re “magazines”, not “clips” (already showing how little you know about firearms and how much you probably listen to people who also know nothing). Second, there are multiple cases where the shooter did NOT have an AR rifle(which is a sporting rifle, not an assault rifle - you probably didn’t know that either) and caused mass casualties.

By far the AR-15 is used in mass shooting events.  Not even close.  

Charles Whitman murdered 16 people with a deer rifle at distances up to 600 yards (Google it) - AR rifles are not effective at that range, generally speaking. Shall we ban those too? Ban guns all together? Not going to happen. 

Never mentioned we should ban all guns.  If I thought we should do that, I would have mentioned it as part of the solution to try and limit the amount of mass shootings.  I didn't.

Point being - someone who wants to do harm will. The gun itself does not matter near as much as proficiency with it. Ask anyone in law enforcement and they’ll tell you the same thing. 

I am 100% positive the police want weapons of war of the streets.  The gun does matter.  

I thought maybe you were smart. 

Apart from being wrong...your solution is to do nothing.  Great.  

And I no longer believe you are a smart person.  Definitely not a serious person.  

• Like 1