Maine - Mass shooting

golfaddict1

Oct 25 (Reuters) - At least 22 people were killed and 50 to 60 wounded on Wednesday in mass shootings at multiple locations including a bowling alley and a bar in Lewiston, Maine, NBC News reported, citing a Lewiston police source.

The Lewiston Police Department on Facebook identified a person of interest in the mass shooting at the bar and bowling alley as Robert Card, 40, saying he should be "considered armed and dangerous."

7 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Would be a helluva lot more posts in this thread if the mass murderer followed and liked Democrat posts on X (Twitter) and had a darker skin tone.  

Bringing the politics into quick Golf. Interesting take. I unlike the left don’t like to jump to conclusions without information. I read (unconfirmed) he voted for Obama. Didn’t feel the need to bring politics into this tragedy especially something not verified.

I was thinking the opposite, if he was a republican or Trump supporter it would be an everywhere by now. But as long and it doesn’t fit the right narrative any manifesto or reasoning will never be disclosed. 

This guy has a history of disclosed mental illness and the 3 letter agencies dropped the ball. Guys like this used to be admitted into mental hospitals now they just walk the streets. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Bringing the politics into quick Golf. Interesting take. I unlike the left don’t like to jump to conclusions without information. I read (unconfirmed) he voted for Obama. Didn’t feel the need to bring politics into this tragedy especially something not verified.

I was thinking the opposite, if he was a republican or Trump supporter it would be an everywhere by now. But as long and it doesn’t fit the right narrative any manifesto or reasoning will never be disclosed. 

This guy has a history of disclosed mental illness and the 3 letter agencies dropped the ball. Guys like this used to be admitted into mental hospitals now they just walk the streets. 

IMG_6827.jpeg

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Yep, tough to figure this one out.  
You keep reading… pretty sure my initial post covered it, but you do you.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I agree with Warrior; please no politics with this 🙏🏻 this is already heartbreaking enough.

With all due respect, have you read prior mass murders threads on this side?  

What I posted was simply fact.  

Just look at who’s missing in this thread and it took a reality check for a maga to reply. 

This won’t be a thoughts and prayers thread.  
We need action like background checks to heaven forbid …check mental health.  “Crazy” notion, I know.  

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I unlike the left don’t like to jump to conclusions without information.

Oh yeah? Because I can give a plethora of examples where you've done exactly that. If jumping to conclusions were an event in the Special Olympics, you'd have more gold than Mansa Musa. 

Here's one now --

On 6/13/2023 at 9:34 AM, Warrior said:

I understand this is difficult for the many challenged individuals on this board. One line about US Nuclear Programs in the entire indictment - No mentions of Foreign Government's Nuclear Capabilities per the leak. As a reminder.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:00 AM, 15yds4gibberish said:

You might consider reading the indictment for yourself.  Document #5

image.png.0d627114bed2e9f4870a77e64bc6c8da.png

🙄

Why would you jump to such a conclusion when the information was so easily available to the entire world? I have a guess or two, but why do you think?

39 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I read (unconfirmed)

Oh, don't you worry about that. You continuously and relentlessly confirm that you don't read.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Oh yeah? Because I can give a plethora of examples where you've done exactly that. If jumping to conclusions were an event in the Special Olympics, you'd have more gold than Mansa Musa. 

Here's one now --

Why would you jump to such a conclusion when the information was so easily available to the entire world? I have a guess or two, but why do you think?

Oh, don't you worry about that. You continuously and relentlessly confirm that you don't read.

Don’t you have a dick to sit on down low bro 

30 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

With all due respect, have you read prior mass murders threads on this side?  

What I posted was simply fact.  

Just look at who’s missing in this thread and it took a reality check for a maga to reply. 

We need action like background checks to heaven forbid …check mental health.  “Crazy” notion, I know.  

Yes, I understand where you are coming from.

I feel like I am being hypocritical here; but when they go low, you should go high. I try to remember to do that more even though more often than not, it can be very difficult to do so with how they respond to threads.

I've got a suggestion for the left and right. How about we try and build new mental health (Crazy) facilities instead of new prisons. Not those shuttered deplorable looney bins of torture and debauchery staffed at times by perverts and sadist, but building's staffed with well payed doctors, nurses, and health care professionals. Like prisons, some of these people need to be put away for LIFE !  My compatriots (left leaning) had a big hand in closing many of those old places. There's far to many crazies walking the streets today. Put them somewhere besides a penitentiary. It won't be cheap (Republicans). This kind of mass carnage must be curtailed. Let's balance liberties with safety.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

I've got a suggestion for the left and right. How about we try and build new mental health (Crazy) facilities instead of new prisons. Not those shuttered deplorable looney bins of torture and debauchery staffed at times by perverts and sadist, but building's staffed with well payed doctors, nurses, and health care professionals. Like prisons, some of these people need to be put away for LIFE !  My compatriots (left leaning) had a big hand in closing many of those old places. There's far to many crazies walking the streets today. Put them somewhere besides a penitentiary. It won't be cheap (Republicans). This kind of mass carnage must be curtailed. Let's balance liberties with safety.  

Hello Dan, hope all is well brother.  

As for who helped close mental facilities...Reagan is mostly responsible, if not completely.  

IMO, our whole justice system is just no effective in dealing with the problem.  There is no way in hell that we have so much more criminals in this country vs the rest of the world.  Therefore, there is no need to put most of these people in prison.  Keep the violent ones there of course but the others...allow them to immediately give back to the community thru work or anything that would allow them a clean slate.  People can deal with problems much easier when they feel they have people around them that care about them.  

If we were to truly invest in people before they get caught up in the system we all would be better off.  And sensible gun control measures would help of course.  Or maybe just more guns.  Lol  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Can I ask how does background stop the shooting when gun is obtained illegally?

thanks 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, FreeBird said:

He was a Obama supporter Go figure 

False.  He enjoyed shooting guns daily with a mental defect.  People in town were afraid of him.  Smart move.  

He had a handful of GOP tweeters followed and liking nonsensical bs. 

I read that he tried to buy a silencer and was denied due to his mental health issue.  Not sure that’s accurate.  

Interesting how other countries don’t have the same mental health issues.  Can’t be the guns.  

• Thanks 1