Lowndes Reaches A New Pinnacle

Rufus69

It's taken them a while.  And some said it would never happen...but the Norsemen of Norman Drive achieved a milestone this week.  They took over the top spot in the Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten.  They outpolled the Green Meanies by a narrow margin and deservedly so.  Rumor has it that Randy Mac is ecstatic.  People close to the Viking program relay that The Macster is speaking in full sentences...correct verb tense...and in audible volumes.  Yes sir...flags are flying high in portions of Lowndes County.   Oh Woe Is the Rest Of Us !!!!!

The full Top Ten looks like this as of October 5th:

1.  Lowndes

2.  Grayson

3.  Archer

4.  Cartersville

5.  Walton

6.  Buford

7.  Rome

8.  North Gwinnett

9.  Mill Creek

10.  McEachern

The next Five....

11.  Colquitt

12.  Brookwood

13.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

14.  Milton

15.  Tucker

Congrats to Lowndes.  Y'all done what they said couldn't be done.  Now if you can find a way to beat Mt. Zion...you get to keep top billing.  What are the odds?  Vikings by 50 !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

It's taken them a while.  And some said it would never happen...but the Norsemen of Norman Drive achieved a milestone this week.  They took over the top spot in the Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten.  They outpolled the Green Meanies by a narrow margin and deservedly so.  Rumor has it that Randy Mac is ecstatic.  People close to the Viking program relay that The Macster is speaking in full sentences...correct verb tense...and in audible volumes.  Yes sir...flags are flying high in portions of Lowndes County.   Oh Woe Is the Rest Of Us !!!!!

The full Top Ten looks like this as of October 5th:

1.  Lowndes

2.  Grayson

3.  Archer

4.  Cartersville

5.  Walton

6.  Buford

7.  Rome

8.  North Gwinnett

9.  Mill Creek

10.  McEachern

The next Five....

11.  Colquitt

12.  Brookwood

13.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

14.  Milton

15.  Tucker

Congrats to Lowndes.  Y'all done what they said couldn't be done.  Now if you can find a way to beat Mt. Zion...you get to keep top billing.  What are the odds?  Vikings by 50 !!!!!

Rufus>>

FIRSTLY, you MAY wanna slide Walton's Mtn. into that second place spot, in front of Nawth Guinnett! LASTLY, Lowends is yet to play anyone tougher than NO O Valdosta! And Gayson should be first until the GHSA grows a pair, to prevent their raping the countryside for creative playa acquisitions!

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

FIRSTLY, you MAY wanna slide Walton's Mtn. into that second place spot, in front of Nawth Guinnett! LASTLY, Lowends is yet to play anyone tougher than NO O Valdosta! And Gayson should be first until the GHSA grows a pair, to prevent their raping the countryside for recruits!

You know NOTHING...John Snow.

Lowndes doesn't hafta play anybody to be No.1.  

The Maroon Doom is the best thing west of what used to be Puerto Rico......

Rufus>>

• Haha 4

Hey @Rufus69, I know Randy Mac is the head coach, but what the hell does he actually do? Every time I see him on the sidelines, he just stands there with a nonchalant/serious look on his face. No headset, no hand signals, no nothing. Hell, even Coach Rodemaker makes defensive calls using hand gestures. Randy on the other hand? Just stands there like he's cooler than the other side of the pillow lol. 

This is only my opine...but I believe Randy Mac is a follower of the Lord Jim Hughes School of Football.  Jim basically did the same thing.  Allowing his OC and his DC to do their jobs along with the position coaches.  When something did not go the way Jim expected...he would lean forward...turn the appropriate direction...and DEATH STARE.  Seldom said much during the actual game.

Randy is attempting to do something similar.  It is hard for him...since he was/is a successful defensive mind...but he's trying.  Oh, and ask ANYBODY....Randy Mac is a cool cat.  Uh....Viking....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What is the best team Lowndes beat this year and what state and/or national ranking is that team? 

Probably Parkview.  There's really no way to know at this point.  But that doesn't have anything to do with how good Lowndes is.  It wouldn't make a difference if they had played ISB for all six games.  Lowndes has a good team.  A REAL good team.  I would imagine they would win again tomorrow night.  And then...Region starts.

Rufus>>

6 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

FIRSTLY, you MAY wanna slide Walton's Mtn. into that second place spot, in front of Nawth Guinnett! LASTLY, Lowends is yet to play anyone tougher than NO O Valdosta! And Gayson should be first until the GHSA grows a pair, to prevent their raping the countryside for creative playa acquisitions!

Crazy man Rab, speaking of Valdosta, you gonna be at the Mac tomorrow to watch your 3rd favorite team play Northside? 

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

You know NOTHING...John Snow.

Lowndes doesn't hafta play anybody to be No.1.  

The Maroon Doom is the best thing west of what used to be Puerto Rico......

Rufus>>

WELL rumor has it, that they be going ta play somebody in game TEN! And I'll be thar wid bells on, my Kevlar Vest, and my college roommate from Americus via Chamblee/Gray! For GAWD'S SAKE MAN, strap yourself DOWN, and hide the women's and chillern!:$ 

9 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

That’s a question beneath you. Alabama hasn’t played a good team yet either... wonder if they’re any good. 

Silliness. 

That's a bad comparison 

And Florida state not a bad team, they just had the worst possible injury happen in first game 

But Grayson has a better resume and even with a loss colquitt has a much more impressive resume

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Lets ask Jimbo Fisher....

Florida state probably plays better teams then Alabama plays these days

Sec has bama and the others

If bama don't win sec championship then entire conference deserves to be left out 

And yes ik Georgia undefeated but they beat 1 decent team all year and barely escaped, won't be shocked if they stubble before making sec championship but they probably better than Florida this year so Maybe we finally won't be stuck watching Florida's bad offense get obliterated by Alabama 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If bama don't win sec championship then entire conference deserves to be left out 

And yes ik Georgia undefeated but they beat 1 decent team all year and barely escaped, won't be shocked if they stubble before making sec championship but they probably better than Florida this year so Maybe we finally won't be stuck watching Florida's bad offense get obliterated by Alabama 

UGA beat a good Notre Dame team IN Notre Dame.

Beat Mississippi St. when they were hot 31-3. Not like Auburn did after theyd already been deflated.

And UGA put a beatdown on Tennessee 41-0 at Neyland Stadium.

Just "decent" teams dont do all that.

You literally have no clue... ever... when talking football.

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Dude I wish UGA the best but I'm an Ohio State fan... 

I just live in GA....

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Beat Mississippi St. when they were hot 31-3. Not like Auburn did after theyd already been deflated.

Who has Notre Dame beaten? 

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

And you know absolutely nothing about Florida 

Stick to GA, it's one state you might actually have credibility to talk about 

16 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

And if i recall correctly the biggest thing that turned people to Mississippi State was lsu win but now that win don't look that impressive since LSU just lost to Sun Belt Troy 😂 

28 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Dude I wish UGA the best but I'm an Ohio State fan... 

I just live in GA....

I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State somehow ended up in the CFB Playoff again. It seems like the committee loves them.

But as of now, if I Bama, Clemson, Penn State, and TCU in the playoff.

And yes, I did say TCU.