Portal/NIL

steeler01

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Good thing USC did pick up some transfers or they might have finished at the bottom of the Pac-12 this year instead of 6th.

Who's coaching at USC these days?

Screenshot_20240103-131626-551.png

Speaking of transfers, how many will LSU get this year? 

I was told they wouldn't rely on them by you. Yet,  they started more transfers than anyone. 

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

@RedZone

Has it changed college football some now?

Washington- Michigan in the NC.

This is the first year there was a lot of parity. Saban didn't get to run the ball left and right in the semis and win.  He ended up having to coach and Harbaugh outclassed him(Not a shock really)

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/college-football-players-who-make-the-most-nil-money-9a6b1c8fd69844a2

Interesting information 

For all the NIL money floating around Colorado they are the biggest underachievers. 

33 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Speaking of transfers, how many will LSU get this year? 

I was told they wouldn't rely on them by you. Yet,  they started more transfers than anyone. 

That's not what I said, and

LSU has only 4 Transfer Portal commits this year and 3 of them are from Louisiana who are coming home.

LSU currently ranks #47 in the Portal Team recruiting rankings. In the Transfer Portal world that's pretty bad

USC ranks #5. 

Smdh

Don't sweat it, little dude......this will be the year for USC!!

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's not what I said, and

LSU has only 4 Transfer Portal commits this year and 3 of them are from Louisiana who are coming home.

LSU currently ranks #47 in the Portal Team recruiting rankings. In the Transfer Portal world that's pretty bad

USC ranks #5. 

Smdh

Don't sweat it, little dude......this will be the year for USC!!

How many starters were transfers for LSU this past year?

O/U 12

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

@RedZone

Has it changed college football some now?

Washington- Michigan in the NC.

This is the first year there was a lot of parity. Saban didn't get to run the ball left and right in the semis and win.  He ended up having to coach and Harbaugh outclassed him(Not a shock really)

A couple of things ifin I may.......

1.  I am not RZ.

2.  I am not what you might call a Bama fan.

BUT...

I just find it hard to believe that Alabama...with all its recruiting power...did not have a backup center that could actually snap the ball back to Milroe.  I've never seen anything that awful in elite college football in my life.  And he did it ALL season !!!!  It was not Harbaugh's coaching that cost the Tide the game from where I was seated...

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I think it's effect will be diminished when the COVID seniors are gone.

It's still had an effect though.

There are over 2,000 players in the transfer portal, I believe. 

Very few of them will have any impact whatsoever on the 2024 college football season. 

These are the players that could 👇 and you may be able to add a couple more to the list later on.

I think Colorado already has 18 transfer portal commits this year and no one really expects them to be any better than they were this year.

Most notable players in transfer portal 2024

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

And he did it ALL season !!!!  It was not Harbaugh's coaching that cost the Tide the game from where I was seated...

Did he do it vs UGA in the SEC Champ game?

I can't remember truthfully.

That exchange was wobbly for most of the year either way. I'm not sure you can put the blame entirely on the Center though.

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Did he do it vs UGA in the SEC Champ game?

I can't remember truthfully.

That exchange was wobbly for most of the year either way. I'm not sure you can put the blame entirely on the Center though.

Alabama center Seth McLaughlin enters transfer portal after high-profile misfires

36 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Very few of them will have any impact whatsoever on the 2024 college football season. 

These are the players that could 👇 and you may be able to add a couple more to the list later on.

I think Colorado already has 18 transfer portal commits this year and no one really expects them to be any better than they were this year.

Lance Heard OL,  LSU

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Lance Heard OL,  LSU

That's actually a big blow for LSU.

He played very well this year as a freshman.

There's a little bit more to the story, but I just don't know it yet. He didn't travel with LSU to the Bowl game vs Wisconsin.

Somebody will snatch him up pretty quick, I believe.

Everyone looking for OL beef!

https://247sports.com/Player/lance-heard-46116355/high-school-265941/

On 1/3/2024 at 7:04 PM, RedZone said:

I think Colorado already has 18 transfer portal commits this year and I Don't really expect them to be any better than they were this year.

FIFY