Official Louisiana and National 2024 High School Baseball Thread

RedZone

Sulphur, La run-ruled #5 Nationally Ranked Flower Mound, TX 11-1 per the LSU forum. Game stopped in the 6th

Tremendous win for Sulphur, another loaded Louisiana team. 

Sulphur is Preseason #12 in Louisiana and they were 34-5 last year. They might make some noise this year.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Sulphur, La run-ruled #5 nationally ranked Flower Mound, TX 11-1 per the LSU forum. Game stopped in the 6th

Tremendous win for Sulphur, another loaded Louisiana team. 

Sulphur is Preseason #12 in Louisiana and they were 34-5 last year. They might make some noise this year.

Sophomore pitcher Carter Wilson went the distance for Sulphur.

He's going to be a big time Prospect.

Screenshot_20240223-212859-208.png

7 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Rebs really need the game tomorrow to avoid the sweep

Was reported on the LSU forum that Catholic was up 11-0 after 3 innings and West Monroe scored 8 runs in the final four innings losing 11-8. Rebels had some fight.

Catholic is just really good. They have some huge OOS games and tournaments games on the schedule this year. Will talk about them a little more later and as they happen. They could make a myth National Championship run with that schedule. Catholic heads to the Perfect Game Showdown in Hoover, Alabama next week.

Catholic was flying high last year too until they run up on the Rummel Raider in the semi-finals.

Don't count us out, but Catholic looks like the team this year. But, hell> they looked like the team last year too. 🙂

• Like 1

@Reb72

Found out this morning that Barbe, La was down 3 of their studs in this tournament that concludes today including Pitcher Landon Victorian who they say is done for the year. He's a LSU commit and probable 1st Rounder. Has hit 97 MPH already> he's 6-6 with a pitchers frame.

There were two or three references at the LSU forum that he's done for the year, but they don't say why. I guess everybody knows over there except me. And I don't really even feel like digging into it. If those dudes say it is probably true

Barbe will travel to Florida and play IMG Academy next week. IMG Academy is Preseason #1 Nationally in a couple of the polls. Much like football, ultra stacked in baseball too  

Anyways, Victorian is a MaxPreps Preseason All-American this year and was the MaxPreps Junior of the year last year. Big blow the Barbe. 👇

Preseason MaxPreps All-America Team

P — Landon Victorian, Barbe (Lake Charles, La.)

The MaxPreps National Junior of the Year in 2023, Victorian has a 39-1 record over the past three seasons. He went 8-0 in leading Barbe to its 12th state championship last year with a 0.97 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 50.1 innings pitched.

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Anyways, Victorian is a MaxPreps Preseason All-American this year and was the MaxPreps Junior of the year last year. Big blow the Barbe. 👇

The MaxPreps National Junior of the Year in 2023, Victorian has a 39-1 record over the past three seasons. He went 8-0 in leading Barbe to its 12th state championship last year with a 0.97 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 50.1 innings pitched.

I really don't know where Barbe gets all these monsters from. 

27 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I really don't know where Barbe gets all these monsters from. 

It would be different if they were the only baseball power in town but they have to compete for players with Sam Houston and Sulphur. That area is just a baseball hot bed 

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

@Reb72

Found out this morning that Barbe, La was down 3 of their studs in this tournament that concludes today including Pitcher Landon Victorian who they say is done for the year. He's a LSU commit and probable 1st Rounder. Has hit 97 MPH already> he's 6-6 with a pitchers frame.

There were two or three references at the LSU forum that he's done for the year, but they don't say why. I guess everybody knows over there except me. And I don't really even feel like digging into it. If those dudes say it is probably true

Barbe will travel to Florida and play IMG Academy next week. IMG Academy is Preseason #1 Nationally in a couple of the polls. Much like football, ultra stacked in baseball too  

Ok, so I checked it out and almost wish I hadn't.

Landon Victorian is expelled from an incident that occurred last year. He evidently pulled a knife on the strength coach or something. 

So it's looking like he won't be able to play for LSU. 

The whole thing seems like a big mess to me right now with the lawyers, appeals and etc.

Oh well, maybe the kid still has a shot of getting drafted, but even that may be in jeopardy.

Catholic completes the sweep winning game 3 6-2. Hopefully WM doesn't face another pitching staff like the Bears.

Rebs need to get things righted, next weekend they will face Bryant (AR), John Curtis,  Haughton and Destrehan in the Trey Altick Tournament 

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Ok, so I checked it out and almost wish I hadn't.

Landon Victorian is expelled from an incident that occurred last year. He evidently pulled a knife on the strength coach or something. 

So it's looking like he won't be able to play for LSU. 

The whole thing seems like a big mess to me right now with the lawyers, appeals and etc.

Oh well, maybe the kid still has a shot of getting drafted, but even that may be in jeopardy.

If true, that is a stupid thing to do.  Hopefully the kid gets a 2nd chance and makes the most of it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Football said:

FM kids from last year gone to college!  New team this year.  Stop acting like you did something special!   

IMG_2249.jpeg

I don't think you know and understand how this works too much. So I'll be easy on you because I'm a nice guy.

MaxPreps has Flower Mound Preseason #9 this year Nationally and #1 in Texas.

ALL the kids in the photo you posted are playing THIS YEAR, they're not gone to college yet, they just signed their letters. Flower Mound has more that will sign too.

Screenshot_20240224-214448-018.png

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

If true, that is a stupid thing to do.  Hopefully the kid gets a 2nd chance and makes the most of it.  

I really don't know what's going on with all this to be honest.

I didn't even know about it. Guess I should have known about it as much as I follow baseball here.

The LSU guys on the baseball forum that are 24/7 diehard guys are saying he will not play for LSU. 

I don't know if you get a second chance after something like this, but you do get a red flag. 

It's pure speculation from everyone right now though.

12 hours ago, Reb72 said:

It would be different if they were the only baseball power in town but they have to compete for players with Sam Houston and Sulphur. That area is just a baseball hot bed 

Sam Houston is headed to Atlanta next week to play three games. Sam Houston's normally pretty tough. 

Louisiana is playing a lot of OOS baseball this year since they changed the rule that you can now get power points for playing OOS teams. 

It's always been about the power points and playoff positions here.

Sam Houston headed to Atlanta 👇

Screenshot_20240224-224012-579.png

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

Sam Houston is headed to Atlanta next week to play three games. Sam Houston's normally pretty tough. 

Louisiana is playing a lot of OOS baseball this year since they changed the rule that you can now get power points for playing OOS teams. 

It's always been about the power points and playoff positions here.

Sam Houston headed to Atlanta 👇

Screenshot_20240224-224012-579.png

Trinity Christian (Jacksonville) is Preseason #9 in Florida this year per Perfect Game. (poll below)

Mill Creek, GA is also a Preseason Top 10 team in a couple of the polls which vary on opinion (not Perfect Game)..

This should be a good trip for Sam Houston, La.

These little tournaments/shootouts are all about getting ready for the regular season and some stacked teams showing off their players to other states..... and of course moving up and down a couple of spots in myth national polls much like football and basketball.

College and MLB scouts love these little shootouts. Makes their job a lot easier.

Anyways, fun to keep up with and follow win or lose.

Top Florida High Schools

Rank Nat'l School 2023 Record
1 1 IMG Academy 25-0
2 3 Stoneman Douglas 29-0
3 13 North Broward Prep 27-5
4 19 American Heritage 21-6
5 23 Tampa Jesuit 27-5
6 28 Doral Academy 24-7
7 42 Durant 20-6
8 47 Hagerty 19-7
9 NR Trinity Christian Academy 22-5
10 NR St. John's Country Day 26-5
11 NR Lake Mary 23-2
12 NR Windermere 25-4-1
13 NR Pensacola Catholic 19-8
14 NR Calvary Christian 28-4
15 NR Miami Christian 17-9

• RedZone changed the title to Official Louisiana and National 2024 High School Baseball Thread
On 2/24/2024 at 9:31 AM, RedZone said:

My mistake.

Barbe, La will play IMG Academy at the Perfect Game Shootout in Hoover, Alabama next week.

Barbe and Catholic (Baton Rouge) will be representing Louisiana.

Looks to be 9 or 10 nationally ranked teams in this event including 4 teams that are in the Top 10's of the various polls.

Fairly large event.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Events/Brackets.aspx?event=72336

The field is set for the 2024 National High School Baseball Invitational in Cary, North Carolina....April 10-13.

California likes this event and are sending 4 of their big guns..... all 4 highly ranked in the National polls.

The complete list of 2024 NHSI participants is below.

High School (City, State)

• Apex Friendship High School (Apex, N.C.)
  • Bishop Gorman High School (Las Vegas, Nev.)
  • Casteel High School (Queen Creek, Ariz.)
  • Chaparral High School (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
  • Corona High School (Corona, Calif.)
  • Farragut High School (Knoxville, Tenn.)
  • Hagerty High School (Oviedo, Fla.)
  • Harvard-Westlake School (Studio City, Calif.)
  • Huntington Beach High School (Huntington Beach, Calif.)
  • Key West High School (Key West, Fla.)
  • Orange Lutheran High School (Orange, Calif.)
  • Puyallup High School (Puyallup, Wash.)
  • St. John’s College High School (Washington, D.C.)
  • St. Johns Country Day School (Orange Park, Fla.)
  • Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville, Fla.)
  • Wesleyan Christian Academy (High Point, N.C.)

Meanwhile on the National scene..

AHP, Florida started the year at #4 MaxPreps.

AHP is currently 0-3 on the young season. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/plantation/american-heritage-patriots/baseball/

There are about as many high school baseball polls as there are high school football polls out there...... and it's pretty clear MaxPreps doesn't have a clue in baseball much like football.

Their Preseason Top 100 Poll has been taking massive hits much like the No Nonsense Top 100 here. 😭

27 minutes ago, Texasball said:

@RedZone  I guess you didn't want to talk about Beaumont Kelly beating Sulphur LA 2-1

They also beat team from Miami FL 

We can talk about it, for sure.

But then we would have to talk about tiny Opelousas Catholic, La beating Beaumont Kelly, TX, the Miami team and losing a tough 6-4 game against the #5 team in the nation > Flower Mound, Texas.

Sulphur, La and Live Oak, La crushing the National Preseason #5 and Texas Preseason #1 Flower Mound, TX was definitely the eye popper of the evant though. 

Flower Mound came over here with the swag!