Official Louisiana and National 2024 High School Baseball Thread

RedZone

1 hour ago, The Poop Monster said:

corona has no business being ranked, let alone being in this bracket. they will get beat 10 run rule every game.

Yes Corona will get Run ruled by 10 runs every game when they have lost 3 games by a combined 6 runs…. Makes total sense…. 🤣

Hows Folsom doing in Baseball by the way?…. Wait, I can tell you…. They are 1-12 in their league…. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Yes Corona will get Run ruled by 10 runs every game when they have lost 3 games by a combined 6 runs…. Makes total sense…. 🤣

Hows Folsom doing in Baseball by the way?…. Wait, I can tell you…. They are 1-12 in their league…. 🤣🤣

i have no idea what/where folsom is. corona hasn't played anyone, its easy to win a lot of games when you play against peasants and bums the whole season. they will be exposed for the average d3 program they truly are.

8 minutes ago, The Poop Monster said:

Im a Folsom fanboy with a inferiority complex so I’ll talk shit about corona who hasn't played anyone, its easy to talk shit when  I know nothing about baseball and my momma didn’t supply me a helmet when I played Concussion with the Wall growing up. I will surely be exposed for the average troll I surely am.

FIFY^

• Haha 2

Anyways, #1 Catholic (Baton Rouge) and #2 Corona, CA are battling for the myth MaxPreps National Championship. It's been those "two" most of the year. 

... 3 Louisiana teams in this week's MaxPreps  Top 25.

Story and Rankings.👇

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/J5mIuI-P7EqWi1hPq0Xemg/high-school-baseball-rankings-postseason-has-arrived-for-several-maxpreps-top-25-teams.htm

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reb72 said:

gonna be pretty tough for my Rebs I'm afraid.  Central has been WM's nemesis in the playoffs almost as much as Barbe has; and even if they get by Central they will still likely have Sam Houston waiting in the wings...  and your Raiders would have to get by Catholic again and that's no easy task.  Some great baseball ahead

It's all about getting to Sulphur, my man.

Every pitch is huge, every chance is huge, every crack of the bat is huge..... you can't beat that!

High School baseball may not get as much hype as football, but these kids want it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Anyways, #1 Catholic (Baton Rouge) and #2 Corona, CA are battling for the myth MaxPreps National Championship. It's been those "two" most of the year. 

... 3 Louisiana teams in this week's MaxPreps  Top 25.

Story and Rankings.👇

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/J5mIuI-P7EqWi1hPq0Xemg/high-school-baseball-rankings-postseason-has-arrived-for-several-maxpreps-top-25-teams.htm

Those rankings are irrelevant considering corona isn’t even the best team in their own area code. 

4 minutes ago, The Poop Monster said:

Those rankings are irrelevant considering corona isn’t even the best team in their own area code. 

And your post is irrelevant because you’re a dumbass. See how that works, you say something stupid, then I do. I’m at home recovering from cancer surgery and radiation treatment, got all the time in the world to respond to your trolling.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

And your post is irrelevant because you’re a dumbass. See how that works, you say something stupid, then I do. I’m at home recovering from cancer surgery and radiation treatment, got all the time in the world to respond to your trolling.

Give em hell!!!!

40 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

I wish you success and the best of health in your recovery. 

3 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Keep up the fight brother.  

On 5/1/2024 at 3:44 PM, RedZone said:

It's all about getting to Sulphur, my man.

Every pitch is huge, every chance is huge, every crack of the bat is huge..... you can't beat that!

High School baseball may not get as much hype as football, but these kids want it.

told you about West Monroe/Central, the Wildcats take game 1 of the series 5-0.  Rebs are gonna have to dig themselves out of a hole

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Good News!…. “Valley Christian Schools San Jose” Has Newley moved into the poll at #27!…. And finally #17 “Valley Christian school Dublin” who is 0-7 dropped out!…. 🤣

The Beat part is Corona is ranked #1 ove Cathloic Baton Rouge!…. I think I actually like this poll!…. 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Reb72 said:

told you about West Monroe/Central, the Wildcats take game 1 of the series 5-0.  Rebs are gonna have to dig themselves out of a hole

Central (Baton Rouge) is no pushover. 

They pitched their Ace yesterday..... the experts say he'll never make it to the Southern Miss campus. Debatable, I guess.

West Monroe has too much depth for Central though at the end of the day and will win that series 2-1. 

Screenshot_20240503-075118-646.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Good News!…. “Valley Christian Schools San Jose” Has Newley moved into the poll at #27!…. And finally #17 “Valley Christian school Dublin” who is 0-7 dropped out!…. 🤣

The Beat part is Corona is ranked #1 ove Cathloic Baton Rouge!…. I think I actually like this poll!…. 🤣🤣

Ohio private school jumped into the top 5 in a hurry.  

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

Central (Baton Rouge) is no pushover. 

They pitched their Ace yesterday..... the experts say he'll never make it to the Southern Miss campus. Debatable, I guess.

West Monroe has too much depth for Central though at the end of the day and will win that series 2-1. 

Screenshot_20240503-075118-646.png

Rebs came back and won game 2 with a no-hitter by their Junior Right Hander "Fergy", he was 1 pitch away from a perfect game.  Game 3 tomorrow at 1, winner heads to Sulphur

GO REBS!

All 4 Top Seeds Advance in SS D1 along with Huntington Beach, La Mirada and Mater Dei….

#1 Corona needed a Walk off home run to win 1-0 over El Dorado…. Interestingly ED did not pitch their #1 guy…. Instead they went with Travis Maxwell who is not the Strike out pitcher that Frausto is…. He pitched a great game but gave up that walk off in the bottom of 7…. ED probably should have brought someone else in…

This sets up a Re Match of the So Cal Boras championship between MD and Corona…. A repeat win for MD will be a tall task as they will likely face Junior Seth Hernandez who is one of the best in the country and has been dominant this year….

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Rebs came back and won game 2 with a no-hitter by their Junior Right Hander "Fergy", he was 1 pitch away from a perfect game.  Game 3 tomorrow at 1, winner heads to Sulphur

GO REBS!

Mandeville beat Barbe 3-2 to force a third game in that series.

Congrats to the WM Rebels! 

Rummel follows suit today and is headed to Sulphur as well......to face the John Curtis Patriots. Two school separated by 3.7 miles traveling to Sulphur for a spot in the D1 State Championship game. Rummel swept the regular season series vs John Curtis beating the Patriots 3-0 and 6-1. None of that matters now though.

Not sure it matters anyways because Catholic-BR looks unbeatable right now.

Screenshot_20240504-183950-700.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

All 4 Top Seeds Advance in SS D1 along with Huntington Beach, La Mirada and Mater Dei….

#1 Corona needed a Walk off home run to win 1-0 over El Dorado…. Interestingly ED did not pitch their #1 guy…. Instead they went with Travis Maxwell who is not the Strike out pitcher that Frausto is…. He pitched a great game but gave up that walk off in the bottom of 7…. ED probably should have brought someone else in…

This sets up a Re Match of the So Cal Boras championship between MD and Corona…. A repeat win for MD will be a tall task as they will likely face Junior Seth Hernandez who is one of the best in the country and has been dominant this year….

Just so you know Corona, CA is the #2 team in the nation.

🤔🙂

On 4/12/2024 at 12:28 PM, RedZone said:

No, but they are considered the leader in amateur youth baseball.

https://www.perfectgame.org/AboutPG.aspx

On 5/2/2024 at 7:21 PM, golfaddict1 said:

On 5/2/2024 at 10:06 PM, THEOC89 said:

19 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Just so you know Corona, CA is the #2 team in the nation.

🤔🙂

Not according to Perfect Game, and these are your own words Redbone “the leader of amateur youth baseball” Corona is #1

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Not according to Perfect Game, and these are your own words Redbone “the leader of amateur youth baseball” Corona is #1

Didn't realize they had jumped Catholic at the Perfect Game poll.....if that's the case Corona is highly overrated and Mater Haze has that!! 😧😭

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Didn't realize they had jumped Catholic at the Perfect Game poll.....if that's the case Corona is highly overrated and Mater Haze has that!! 😧😭

So are you saying that “the leader of amateur youth baseball” is wrong? The same poll you referenced to boost LA HS baseball. Can’t have it both ways.

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2024 at 2:17 PM, THEOC89 said:

Lighten up, Nancy....... it was a joke.

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

Not sure I would use the Perfect Game poll for anything, I believe they still have Farragut at #7 in the nation. The Admirals are good, but not that good. They lost to every ranked team they played. Should be in the #30-40 range in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1