🚨 Lmao 🤣 Tennessee vols just fired Schiano haha

LiberalDonaldTrump

The whole athletic dept is a mess. Basketball still recovering from Pearl (who now is destroying Auburn).  Swimming coach resigned for some sort of sex scandal.  Heck even Pat Summitt’s son was involved with a player when he was head coach at La Tech (not a UT scandal, but still).  The UT brand is awful right now - previously good sports are all struggling.  The AD was brought in to clean it up - but it is getting worse.  And they had to settle that sexual harassment suit to boot.

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree, but what head coach in their right mind would want to be associated with such a fanbase and its newfound power over the AD? Crazy shit.  

That was a problem before today hence Schiano and this: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.6c8b772b10ee

is a fair concern to not want someone to be the highest paid state employee. The problem is with the AD who's in over his head.

19 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree, but what head coach in their right mind would want to be associated with such a fanbase and its newfound power over the AD? Crazy shit.  

ALL you need to know about Tennesee is THIS! Back in the day, a visiting team was about to score in Neyland Stadium! When this ole Hill Billy standing in the end zone shouted! I'm gonna KEEL the person who scores a touchdown! And the team FUMBLED on the next play! HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY Rocky Top, Rocky Top, Rocky Top USA!xD

1 hour ago, Dub said:

That was a problem before today hence Schiano and this: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.6c8b772b10ee

is a fair concern to not want someone to be the highest paid state employee. The problem is with the AD who's in over his head.

You realize that’s an old article that was proven inaccurate? Schiano is a lousy head coach but he didn’t do a damn thing wrong and it has been proven so. Spreading #FakeNews is part of the problem. I feel awful for him and his family as they didn’t deserve the BS linked to him all because Tennessee wanted a date to the prom they weren’t hot enough to get 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Schiano denied knowing or seeing anything back then. I believe him rather than what the WashPost reported. This only came about because the fan base didn't want Schiano to be HC. If the same historical claims were to arise about the fans' #1 choice, it wouldn't be an issue and or would be swept under the rug. 

OSU fans had no problem at all w the Schiano hire. In fact, Urb and Belichick swear by the man. Yet, the UT fans know better. Right. 

I don't think Brother Urban and Brother Bill...are throwing any pesos into the Tennessee Athletic coffers.   I believe it definitely matters what the UT fans think and say.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't think Brother Urban and Brother Bill...are throwing any pesos into the Tennessee Athletic coffers.   I believe it definitely matters what the UT fans think and say.

Rufus>>

The fans are living with the illusion that Tennessee is a desirable or elite job.

42 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

OSU fans had no problem at all w the Schiano hire. In fact, Urb and Belichick swear by the man.

Yeah, like they haven't looked past the character traits of guys who could help them win. What people think a program should do to maybe win more than 9 games, my god.

I think bashing Schiano as a mediocre coach may be off base.  Rutgers was gosh awful when he went there and he started 3-24 in conference.  He went 25-24 after that in a place not known for recruiting football talent.  Won 5 of 6 bowl games.  Moreover he has numerous players in the NFL - not stars - but good contributing players.  Known as a teacher of the game.  Belichick says he has learned a great deal from Schiano and always loved signing his players.  And he was thought highly enough of to get a NFL gig.  Remember Saban, Kelly and Spurrier struggled at that level too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Fans should never have a say in a hire. That AD might as well resign now. Whatever power he may have had is now gone forever. 

An AD doesn't run an athletic program without MONEY.   You cannot be as naive as you come off with those comments.  You can take my word for it.....the fans and the FANS have a say in who gets hired and who gets fired.  And if you don't believe that...there's not a lot of hope for ya.

Rufus>>

38 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

An AD doesn't run an athletic program without MONEY.   You cannot be as naive as you come off with those comments.  You can take my word for it.....the fans and the FANS have a say in who gets hired and who gets fired.  And if you don't believe that...there's not a lot of hope for ya.

Rufus>>

Sure enough. If the money dries up, so does the AD and coach. 

I mean, being swayed one way or the other by twitter trolls is one thing, but, the point that trolls are making can be pretty solid. 

If I'm an AD, and twitter erupts over a hire or potential hire, then I take that as an indicator that the hire won't likely be well received with the donors and general supporters and ticket holders. A smart person would then make decisions based on all of the information he has at hand.