Folsom v. St. Mary's D1 SJS FINAL

ThunderRam

Many of us SJS/NorCal'ers  expected a close game and a Folsom win.

But Folsom jumped out 28-0 and led 50-7 at one point. St. Mary's just put up back to back TD's to make the score look a bit better, but the Bulldogs still lead 50-21 to start Q4.

Folsom's stud WR Joe Ngata had 4 first half TD's. This game is no contest.

Remember, St. Mary's faced Mater Dei in week 4 (game 5) and lost 52-14.

This is the best game I've seen from Folsom all season. Wish they'd schedule better in the preseason cause they could make some noise this season. They're a pretty good team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Are they going to call off the dogs in the 4th or are they going to keep running it up to make a statement and try and get the seed over DLS?

Keep us posted.

They grounded the ball and had back ups in. That's partly why St. Mary's scored some late 3rd Q touchdowns.

It was 41-7 at half. Folsom got a quick safety to begin the 3rd then put up a quick TD to go up 50-7 then called the dogs off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

No.  😀

No is right, due to preseason scheduling. SFL is one of the 2 top leagues in NorCal (many feel it is #1) but St. Mary's is the best team they faced all season. They looked great, but they needed a marquee win out of the area to have any type of argument. We realistic SJS'ers understand that.

But I sure would like to see this team face DLS. Best team Folsom has fielded since '14. Their WR duo is really good. And they can run the ball with their tailback and QB. They'd be a tough out for anybody not named Mater Dei or SJB. I think they could give both Centennial and DLS a game, but both would clearly be the favorites.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

They grounded the ball and had back ups in. That's partly why St. Mary's scored some late 3rd Q touchdowns.

It was 41-7 at half. Folsom got a quick safety to begin the 3rd then put up a quick TD to go up 50-7 then called the dogs off.

I've seen them 3 times this year and they look like they are peaking.  St. Mary's just let it get away from them early and for dominated.  

No is right, due to preseason scheduling. SFL is one of the 2 top leagues in NorCal (many feel it is #1) but St. Mary's is the best team they faced all season. They looked great, but they needed a marquee win out of the area to have any type of argument. We realistic SJS'ers understand that.

But I sure would like to see this team face DLS. Best team Folsom has fielded since '14. Their WR duo is really good. And they can run the ball with their tailback and QB. They'd be a tough out for anybody not named Mater Dei or SJB. I think they could give both Centennial and DLS a game, but both would clearly be the favorites.

With McKee healthy, Centennial is on the same level as MD and SJB.

2 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I agree on everything.  Folsom knows that they need to schedule up don't they?  Not only SoCal and better oos but If there is no regional game They need to schedule DLS.  

• Like 1

Folsom should be facing Central-Fresno or Pittsburg next so we should get some type of indication how they may have matched up.

Remember, Central put up 30 on DLS early Q3 and trailed 35-30 before it got away from them. Since 1979, the Spartans have only yielded 30+ in a regular season game 14 times. Half of those were to elite OOS competition and on the road.

Only 7 CA teams have done it so it's impressive regardless how early in the season that it happened (5th game of the season).

The point is, Central is a decent team and posed problems to DLS. Should Folsom dominate them, that'd be somewhat of a statement game for them.

But DLS clearly deserves to be in the Open.

7 minutes ago, Griff said:

They need to bring back the Open Regional game. DLS isn't going to ever face real competition up North until that happens

That's been my position all along.

They didn't eliminate the NCS D1/Open because DLS has won the past 26 of them. I don't care if DLS wins 95% of the Open Regionals. The game needs to be played. Folsom was overwhelmed in 2012/13, but learned quite a bit about what it took to compete. There teams since have been much better along the lines and could have competed much better.

Plus we've been cheated out of numerous great matchups with some stellar teams like Palo Alto, Grant Union, Elk Grove, Folsom, etc. Since 1992, DLS would have lost a few of those games had they been played but still be the clear cut #1 NorCal program.

Folsom should be facing Central-Fresno or Pittsburg next so we should get some type of indication how they may have matched up.

Remember, Central put up 30 on DLS early Q3 and trailed 35-30 before it got away from them. Since 1979, the Spartans have only yielded 30+ in a regular season game 14 times. Half of those were to elite OOS competition and on the road.

Only 7 CA teams have done it so it's impressive regardless how early in the season that it happened (5th game of the season).

The point is, Central is a decent team and posed problems to DLS. Should Folsom dominate them, that'd be somewhat of a statement game for them.

So if Folsom wins  they play DLS?😜

• Haha 1

Hope it's Central.  I really like that team.  They looked good against a tough Buchanan.  I would pick Folsom by 7-10 If they play like they did today.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

So if Folsom wins  they play DLS?😜

We all wish. Lame ass system.

Don't get me wrong, I'd pick DLS to win and would be surprised if they didn't. But I do think it could be a competitive game and would want to see it. Something like 35-24. Who knows, perhaps Folsom could surprise?? Won't know until they keep playing the game.

2 minutes ago, Griff said:

The SS put all their best teams in one division, so the playoffs in the SS are pretty much the SoCal Open playoffs. NorCal needs to do something similar.

I suggested this too. Take the top 8 NorCal teams regardless of section and play it off. Everyone else can go into their normal section brackets. But it'll never happen for obvious reasons.