New Polls (2017-12-04)

dntn31

• dntn31 pinned this topic
On 12/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, Eddyr2 said:

I think North Gwinnett may crack the top 25 if they win their next game

You people appear to be far more concerned with WL records, than body of work! TRUTH be known, a LOT of your teams with great records, played a collection of NOBODIES! Case in point, South Point, SFA, and AHP, to name just three!

20 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This bull is how you know that the pollsters are all just lazy as hell and follow cal preps making minor adjustments. The lot of 'em are lazy and worthless. 

Yeah, you omit two late lapses from a very young team, and the massive roadblocks presented to Colquitt during hurricane week! And the Packers are 14-0! But WHO is in the SHOW?

On 12/4/2017 at 10:29 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

This bull is how you know that the pollsters are all just lazy as hell and follow cal preps making minor adjustments. The lot of 'em are lazy and worthless. 

CP is fairly accurate when it comes to ranking the bigger states. Only subtle adjustments need to be made for their rankings. It’s the middle to lower tier states they struggle with. For years they’ve always taken a smaller class team that is blowing out everyone on their schedule and ranking them from #1-5 in their respective state. More often than not that lower class team would get crushed in the larger classes. There are a few exceptions when the smaller schools can compete with the big boys (ie Cocoa, Alcoa, Buford, etc), but 90% of the time that’s just simply not the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If SP is ranked, Rome should be too. 

But... You can't rank Rome without ignoring the in-state rankings or ranking the in-state teams ahead of Rome in those rankings ahead of them in the national rankings. 

Quite a conundrum really. 

The polls want to hate on Colquitt but can't justify Rome ahead of Colquitt and North Gwinnett, so they'll just leave Georgia out of their top 25 altogether, while ranking SP and whatever other teams that couldn't play with a Colquitt or North either one. 

This is why the rankings catch so much flak. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Yeah, you omit two late lapses from a very young team, and the massive roadblocks presented to Colquitt during hurricane week! And the Packers are 14-0! But WHO is in the SHOW?

If SJR beat the the teams they lost to .. sjr would be national champs 

at the the end of the day ur team lost stop making excuses for thier record... u also flayed iSB recently so u have no say In this matter ... ur the queen of the cup cake schedules

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But... You can't rank Rome without ignoring the in-state rankings or ranking the in-state teams ahead of Rome in those rankings ahead of them in the national rankings. 

Quite a conundrum really. 

The polls want to hate on Colquitt but can't justify Rome ahead of Colquitt and North Gwinnett, so they'll just leave Georgia out of their top 25 altogether, while ranking SP and whatever other teams that couldn't play with a Colquitt or North either one. 

This is why the rankings catch so much flak. 

I really wanted to like Cool Whip or Rome in the 25 this week and frankly I would place CC as a favorite over N. Gwinnett to be honest... but I'm of the opinion that the entire season matters, not just a hot streak end of year (which does place emphasis, but if OOS games are played you have to look at it, even if August or Sept...  such few connecting dots out of state).  So indeed as GSB wisely stated, you really can't have South Pointe so high and not have an undefeated Rome.   Owasso beating Union was a gift to us... Rome pounding Buford was another.   South Pointe never belonged and for sure not that high imo.   But pollsters gave two shits about Buford getting Romed, sort of like 2012 when Dr. Philips hammered Plant in the playoffs, crickets chirped.   

N. Gwinnett was my GA entry this week, but can't say I'm confident they will beat CC, not sure I'd even favor them now.  But trying to wear a Pollster hat, I need CC to finish the job to get a spot because again imo the whole season matters.   

All this talk about IMG and MD and massive marquee talent on one squad... but when doing the rankings this year I've found that this might be the most parity of elites I've seen since joining Rivals in 2010/2011?  

I'd sure like to see a Ben Davis vs. West Point, MS game for example or St. Louis vs. Rome.  :)  

46 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I really wanted to like Cool Whip or Rome in the 25 this week and frankly I would place CC as a favorite over N. Gwinnett to be honest... but I'm of the opinion that the entire season matters, not just a hot streak end of year (which does place emphasis, but if OOS games are played you have to look at it, even if August or Sept...  such few connecting dots out of state).  So indeed as GSB wisely stated, you really can't have South Pointe so high and not have an undefeated Rome.   Owasso beating Union was a gift to us... Rome pounding Buford was another.   South Pointe never belonged and for sure not that high imo.   But pollsters gave two shits about Buford getting Romed, sort of like 2012 when Dr. Philips hammered Plant in the playoffs, crickets chirped.   

N. Gwinnett was my GA entry this week, but can't say I'm confident they will beat CC, not sure I'd even favor them now.  But trying to wear a Pollster hat, I need CC to finish the job to get a spot because again imo the whole season matters.   

All this talk about IMG and MD and massive marquee talent on one squad... but when doing the rankings this year I've found that this might be the most parity of elites I've seen since joining Rivals in 2010/2011?  

I'd sure like to see a Ben Davis vs. West Point, MS game for example or St. Louis vs. Rome.  :)  

I’m confused as to what the injustice that’s happening is

DLS started 1-2 in ‘09, then went 12-0 winning the CA state championship by 14 over an undefeated top 10 team.  Their losses were to the MNC 3,000 miles away and in 2OT to a FL team that was top 15 u til getting Knocked out of FL playoffs

they weren’t in any top 25s (CP and rivals both had them between 30 and 35).  I never felt the slightest injustice about that.

why do foldks in GA feel like a crime is being perpetrated?  It’s a good hsfb state that really is always behind the top national teams just because of the publics/ privates landscape and this season has been marked by parity that no one is escaping

a 3-loss team whose losses include Brookwood and Tift that has  o notable OOS or other marquee wins, but does have 3 wins by 2-7 points over middling teams SHOULD NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED FOR TOP 25!!! (Speaking in Ol’ Rab language)

SJB is mid top 25 in the comp and is the type of 3-loss team to make it

— 2 losses (1 relatively close) against the by far, #1 team in the country and 1 in OT 3,000 miles away vs a top 5 at the time team

— much better schedule (than CQ) which was crushed with ease (has the 7 best wins in combined schedule)

— marquee wins OOS (SJC) and in state (CC by a lot)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

Come again

becasue 3-Loss CQ isn’t too 25?

I guess you are going to pretend to be dense now? 

All I know is that, you also need to honor in-state rankings. You simply can't have a team from one state ranked 3rd or whatever in that state, and then place them above the in-state teams they are ranked behind in a national poll because of connect the dots with OOS teams that either don't belong, or, do and all the teams ahead of said in-state team need be ranked as well. 

The point is, someone is wanting to rank a Rome team that isn't top in Georgia because of an OOS game that they didn't play in. 

Idc where you think Colquitt should be ranked nationally. Today they are number 1-2 in Georgia, so, you can't place Rome ahead of them in the national poll.

Coach Reid from Rome has never beat Colquitt playing in the same region with a large school population. He leaves and goes to Rome, didn't play any top Georgia teams, and some folks want to rank them above Colquitt. GSB should ask Coach Reid if he can honestly say he would beat Colquitt with his little Rome team when he couldn't with his big Tift team.

I'm just trying to help save the amateur pollsters here from looking like fools and am pretty sick of this small classification school crowing in Georgia. Small school after small school crowing that they should be number 1 in the state when they damn sure shouldn't be and the real football folks here know it. Their coaches know it too or else they'd stick their toe in the water. 

45 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I guess you are going to pretend to be dense now? 

You are difficult to rile so I must have hit a soft spot

i don’t see any clamor that Rome ought to be ranked — I just see LOTS of clamor that CQ ought to be

and I disagree

and I think that’s very consistent with the standard I’ve applied to my own team over the years

2 hours ago, Pops said:

— 2 losses (1 relatively close) against the by far, #1 team in the country and 1 in OT 3,000 miles away vs a top 5 at the time team

I have no problem ranking teams with 3, or even 4, losses in any top 25 poll. If those losses are against quality competition. In my opinion, SJB is STILL one of the 5 best teams in the country (that's right, top 5, even with 3 losses). Mater Dei is just THAT good this year and would beat every team in the country by 2 or 3 scores (with the exception of IMG).  

As far as Colquitt is concerned they are playing very well right now and have worked their way up the rankings the last few weeks. Personally, I have them in the 25-35 range. They beat N. Gwinnett and they will, most likely, crack my top 25. 

Rome's win was impressive. I like them as a top 50 team (ahead of S. Pointe) and 4-5 in GA. I like S. Pointe in the top 50 as well. Beating Buford on the road is a solid win that strengthens their resume, but Rome's win was way more impressive.  

30 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I have no problem ranking teams with 3, or even 4, losses in any top 25 poll. If those losses are against quality competition. In my opinion, SJB is STILL one of the 5 best teams in the country (that's right, top 5, even with 3 losses). Mater Dei is just THAT good this year and would beat every team in the country by 2 or 3 scores (with the exception of IMG).  

As far as Colquitt is concerned they are playing very well right now and have worked their way up the rankings the last few weeks. Personally, I have them in the 25-35 range. They beat N. Gwinnett and they will, most likely, crack my top 25. 

Rome's win was impressive. I like them as a top 50 team (ahead of S. Pointe) and 4-5 in GA. I like S. Pointe in the top 50 as well. Beating Buford on the road is a solid win that strengthens their resume, but Rome's win was way more impressive.  

Don’t really disagree with what you said 

SJB wasn’t even in comparison for me — 2 of their 3 losses to the best hsfb team ever and one in August to a then top 5 sta in OT with LOTS of quality win wins (7 top 85 teams) where they crushed otherwise high quality teams 

CQ has way worse losses and fewer quality wins 

I used DLS ‘09 because they were playing GREAT at end of season, better in rear view mirror than CQ will look by beating N Gwinnett (beating an undefeated top 10 team by 14) and only lost to MNC and top FL team in OT, not Brookwood and Tift 

an inarguably better resume and they didnt finish in anyone’s top 25 and I’ve never objected to that

cq guys having their noses out of joint is laughable to me and this isn’t just shitting on GA — DLS was the CA state champ and wasn’t in top 25s — winning GA is NOT an auto-qualifier.  It appears that GA has more good teams than normal, but parity doesn’t = elite and top 25s are elite teams

compare them to MV and tell me they’re better and no one in CA suggesting MV top 25 — their top wins are comparable, but MV has one pretty respectable loss to MV on resume as opposed to Tift Brookwood and Lowndes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

You are difficult to rile so I must have hit a soft spot

i don’t see any clamor that Rome ought to be ranked — I just see LOTS of clamor that CQ ought to be

and I disagree

and I think that’s very consistent with the standard I’ve applied to my own team over the years

Who is clamoring for Colquitt to be ranked? 

It seems you are seeing what you want to see. GSB is claiming he has Rome in his top 25. Rome is behind Colquitt in every in state poll. 

Perhaps inadvertently I am making a case for Colquitt. That wasn't my intention though, which is why the counter punch. You and Nor both have called me disingenuous in the past week now. You not in so many words, however. 

There is a problem in the polls this season. GSB pointed it out, and I just seized on it. 

Since you so much want to put me onto making a case for Colquitt I'll be glad to. 

South Pointe = Buford, Buford got destroyed by Rome. South Pointe is ranked but Rome is not. South Pointe is living off of the Buford win, but Rome is not. Rome is held back by in state polls that have them behind Colquitt. 

We can start creating a real mess in the polls thanks to Colquitt being ranked ahead of Rome. Not to mention the other connecting games between Colquitt and Bishop Sullivan where Colquitt's margin of victory was greater than SFA who is highly ranked. 

Colquitt's losses are one avenged loss to Brookwood  who is now #86

Lowndes in double OT who is now #66

Tift who is now #107

Colquitt has two top 100 wins, although at the time of the games the teams were top 50.

Colquitt has 5 top 500 wins aside from the 2 top 100's, and one of those is current #106 who was previously top 100

No OOS losses, 2 OOS wins. One versus a team that was being pimped by people not from Colquitt as some talented private school monster all star team. 

Colquitt plays in the 3rd toughest league in the country.

Rank League State non-league W-L Top 1000 non-league W-L Top 7000 non-league W-L Average Rating non-league Schedule Strength
1 Trinity Southern 36-7 25-6 35-6 71.5 57.3
2 Interscholastic League [ILH] I Hawaii 13-2 5-0 11-0 61.3 50.5
3 AAAAAAA Region 1 Georgia 30-7 16-7 27-7 56.4

Colquitt is in the state championship game at the highest level in the 5th most powerful state in the country.

1 California 12-8 57 40.8
2 Texas 5-1 55.1 35.1
3 Florida 16-5 54.5 37.9
4 Ohio 34-3 52 38.5
5 Georgia 13-3 50.9 35.2

Having said all that, how does it make sense to argue Rome over Colquitt, South Pointe over Colquitt or quite a few other teams in the comp poll right now? 

Idc if they put Colquitt in or not, as long as they take all those others out. :D

3 hours ago, Pops said:

I’m confused as to what the injustice that’s happening is

DLS started 1-2 in ‘09, then went 12-0 winning the CA state championship by 14 over an undefeated top 10 team.  Their losses were to the MNC 3,000 miles away and in 2OT to a FL team that was top 15 u til getting Knocked out of FL playoffs

they weren’t in any top 25s (CP and rivals both had them between 30 and 35).  I never felt the slightest injustice about that.

why do foldks in GA feel like a crime is being perpetrated?  It’s a good hsfb state that really is always behind the top national teams just because of the publics/ privates landscape and this season has been marked by parity that no one is escaping

a 3-loss team whose losses include Brookwood and Tift that has  o notable OOS or other marquee wins, but does have 3 wins by 2-7 points over middling teams SHOULD NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED FOR TOP 25!!! (Speaking in Ol’ Rab language)

— much better schedule (than CQ) which was crushed with ease (has the 7 best wins in combined schedule)

— marquee wins OOS (SJC) and in state (CC by a lot)

South Pointe’s marquee opponent got Romed.   Pollsters didn’t blink.   2012, same deal when Dr Philips held Plant to barely 100 yards of O and lone score was a kickoff return.   That’s my point.  

The GA stuff is simply rank your state and then rank nationally accordingly... If pollsters feel GA isn’t worthy so be it... but seeing South Pointe ranked so high after what Rome did to Buford is silly.  Walton is a team you should look up also. :)  

• Like 1

• dntn31 unpinned this topic