GHSA In Trouble

TheMaximumHornetSting

Fans,Coaches and Players are outraged at the GHSA. 

Not because they cancelled but because they waited till the last minute to do so. 

Fans who paid for entrance to the Mercedes Bens Stadium where not refunded. 

When The 5A and 6A games where cancelled both WRHS and Rome where already at the stadium 

Coffee and Lee where already in Atlanta when the games where Cancelled. 

Fans,Players and Coaches are petitioning for the postponed games to be played on Sunday.  

The GHSA has yet to respond. 

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Fans,Coaches and Players are outraged at the GHSA. 

Not because they cancelled but because they waited till the last minute to do so. 

Fans who paid for entrance to the Mercedes Bens Stadium where not refunded. 

When The 5A and 6A games where cancelled both WRHS and Rome where already at the stadium 

Coffee and Lee where already in Atlanta when the games where Cancelled. 

Fans,Players and Coaches are petitioning for the postponed games to be played on Sunday.  

The GHSA has yet to respond. 

The REAL issue is not the GHSA! They had no idea conditions would deteriorate as they did! The REAL issue is the DAMN DOT, who was caught with it's pants down, by not preparing for this snow and ice! OOOOOOR, you could blame it on GLOBAL WARMING!

37 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Someone explain ? Will these games be made up ? All over snow? 

It’s because the state as a whole isn’t used to this at all. So we treat it very cautiously when involves students riding to and from a game in Atlanta. The weather was worsening so they were trying to limit travel. 

It’s stupid. It sucks. It’s a bothersome for us wanting to enjoy and the kids. 

But I do get it. 

31 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It’s because the state as a whole isn’t used to this at all. So we treat it very cautiously when involves students riding to and from a game in Atlanta. The weather was worsening so they were trying to limit travel. 

It’s stupid. It sucks. It’s a bothersome for us wanting to enjoy and the kids. 

But I do get it. 

If can understand this decision as well, but at the very very least, all of the ticket sales for these games should be prorated since the fans will not get a full day worth of games and the hotels should refund those who choose not to stay, especially since the price gouged the hell out of folks.

It's a total mess. Unfortunate, but a damn mess nonetheless.

• Like 1

Folks definitely didn't buy $22 tickets to sit in rinky dink Lee county stadium. You can bet your ass on that one. 

I do wonder why they couldn't move the postponed games til Sunday instead of away from a "neutral" field to crappy little stadiums. 

People have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars to attend the games at the Benz. People that wouldn't sit outdoors. Elderly and handicapped etc. 

This is a pretty raw deal for many. 

43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Folks definitely didn't buy $22 tickets to sit in rinky dink Lee county stadium. You can bet your ass on that one. 

I do wonder why they couldn't move the postponed games til Sunday instead of away from a "neutral" field to crappy little stadiums. 

People have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars to attend the games at the Benz. People that wouldn't sit outdoors. Elderly and handicapped etc. 

This is a pretty raw deal for many. 

I haven't checked the Benz schedule but it is possible they have other events scheduled that they need Sunday to set for.  Also, scheduling all the people necessary to pull a game off can be a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

hotels should refund those who choose not to stay, especially since the price gouged the hell out of folks.

If you check the "rack rate" for most of those rooms I bet you will find that there really wasn't price gouging at all.  It is amazing the listed price for these rooms, not that they normally sell them for that rate.  This is prime time in Atlanta due to the season.

5 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

While there were predictions for some weather, I can assure you that the amount of snow in the Metro area and North Ga far exceeded any predictions.  Don't forget that not only are they concerned with the people in the building at the time, they were worried about them getting home as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The benz is available for sunday.

But what is happening Monday or the rest of next week?  Many large shows or events have the venue for several days prior to the event to set up.  Again, I don't know and haven't looked.  I've just been at the Dome setting for an event several days away before and know it happens.

all I know is... If they decide to postpone the remaining games that have yet to be postponed, they better do so before about 9 a.m. in the morning. From about 8 a.m. to 10 a.m everyone I know is peeling out for the ATL. Let me tell ya... That's a lot of people too. 

The fan buses have decided to not leave until 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. I think. They were going to leave at 9 a.m. as well. 

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

all I know is... If they decide to postpone the remaining games that have yet to be postponed, they better do so before about 9 a.m. in the morning. From about 8 a.m. to 10 a.m everyone I know is peeling out for the ATL. Let me tell ya... That's a lot of people too. 

The fan buses have decided to not leave until 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. I think. They were going to leave at 9 a.m. as well. 

Last I heard the last two games Saturday were a go.  But don't use me as an authoritative source on this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If can understand this decision as well, but at the very very least, all of the ticket sales for these games should be prorated since the fans will not get a full day worth of games and the hotels should refund those who choose not to stay, especially since the price gouged the hell out of folks.

It's a total mess. Unfortunate, but a damn mess nonetheless.

Serious question

Why should the hotels refund monies if the rooms were guaranteed? 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ready or not, here we come. :D

Checked every news outlet that I can find online including the GHSA official site and everything appears to be a go. 

The weather shows light snow still falling in the ATL area, but it should be totally gone by noon. 

Its still snowing here... About 30 miles Southwest of Atl.

There are some patches of ice/snow thatve stuck to the road, but its not too bad.