GHSA In Trouble

TheMaximumHornetSting

25 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Some sort of conspiracy, eh?

No conspiracy.  Just a HUGE questioning of why play the remaining two games when you've decided to cancel all the others.  The GHSA just went with the blanket.  Right or wrong...it is what it is.  A LOT OF MONEY WASTED.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fred said:

The issue for the late games is getting everyone home in the evening when things start to freeze back up.  I bet the roads are worse tonight from ice than they were from snow yesterday.

So far as the GHSA making more money from a delay, I bet they have to pay for the Benz anyway.

They do and all the more reason to host on campus sites. More money they’ll need to pay those costs of the Benz. 

The Atlanta Hawks are still playing tonight. There is also a concert going on downtown tonight. I think the weather provided a cover today to punch a bigger gate/funds next week and the GHSA jumped on it. 

They didn’t plan the weather. They just took advantage of a situation at the end 

1 minute ago, Fred said:

The issue for the late games is getting everyone home in the evening when things start to freeze back up.  I bet the roads are worse tonight from ice than they were from snow yesterday.

So far as the GHSA making more money from a delay, I bet they have to pay for the Benz anyway.

Yet I wonder how everyone else in the entire world is about to travel in winter weather conditions. I mean I get it, I really do. But Atlanta should have learned after the snowpocolipse a few years ago to be ready for winter storms occasionally and prepare like everyone else

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Listen, you're having a meltdown because a high school football game has merely been postponed.

Maybe a life reevaluation is in order?

You have multi meltdowns per day... No other way to explain you devoting multi hours and dozens of posts per day to irrelevant meaningless squabble.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

We know that when facts start getting thrown out that ATLien cowers like the pussy that he is.

I get accused of replying too much by everybody.

But nice attempt to raise your flagging self-esteem.

Proof that life must really be a drag for you.

You show serious symptoms of bipolar disease.

I advise you look into it.

10 minutes ago, ron169 said:

Yet I wonder how everyone else in the entire world is about to travel in winter weather conditions. I mean I get it, I really do. But Atlanta should have learned after the snowpocolipse a few years ago to be ready for winter storms occasionally and prepare like everyone else

This storm wound up being orders of magnitude stronger than was predicted.  I for one am fine with the amount of preparation Atlanta makes.  It is a cost benefit issue.  The costs to be ready on the order of DC or New York or other northern cites is not worth the very few times it is needed.  GHSA is concerned about putting teams on the road once things start to freeze up again tonight.  Big time liability there.

14 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They do and all the more reason to host on campus sites. More money they’ll need to pay those costs of the Benz. 

The Atlanta Hawks are still playing tonight. There is also a concert going on downtown tonight. I think the weather provided a cover today to punch a bigger gate/funds next week and the GHSA jumped on it. 

They didn’t plan the weather. They just took advantage of a situation at the end 

The big difference is individuals can decide if they want to attend those events or not.  GHSA has responsibility for putting those teams on the road in what may be very icy conditions.  One bus accident and everyone would be all over them with lawsuits.

There is much more to this than just a few bucks per fan that is travelling, has already travelled etc.

There is large anounts of planning, volunteer work behind the scenes, and fund raising  as well. 

Team expenses for this past week were astronomical. These types of expenses and plans are planned well ahead, but having to do it all over again, with as of today, no idea of what we should be planning for so far etc. is unreal.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is much more to this than just a few bucks per fan that is travelling, has already travelled etc.

There is large anounts of planning, volunteer work behind the scenes, and fund raising  as well. 

Team expenses for this past week were astronomical. These types of expenses and plans are planned well ahead, but having to do it all over again, with as of today, no idea of what we should be planning for so far etc. is unreal.

Doesn't each school get a cut from the GHSA for travel?

Georgians have to be among the biggest whiners when it comes to stuff like this.

Grayson can't go to the Champions Bowl because they wouldn't pay for their flag corps.

Now, Colquitt fans are up in arms because they apparently spent $16,000 to travel 3 hours to Atlanta for a night.

25 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

You have 6,886 posts.

You spend dozens of posts per day on the pick em and telling us how good Valdosta and ELCA are.

Self-awareness?

This username has been active for over a year... Since November 19th, 2016... I post about 17.7 times per day (Im betting 40% of my posts are arguing with you)... Obviously I post more on game days... Friday...

Your Guccifer username has been active for 14 days, and youve posted 678 times.... Or about 48.43 times per day...

The problem is... 48 of your 48.43 posts everyday are posts where you are arguing with someone about something unimportant and meaningless.

If your posts had meaning other than to simply annoy, itd be ok. But the fact your purpose on this board is to annoy and argue, says you are probably even more annoying and argumentative in real life.

Never in my life, have I met someone like that that isnt completely miserable... They hide it, but they are grumpy, miserable, lonely douchebags that have to do things like you do... Come on a board to annoy because everyone in your actual life is already aware of how you are and wants nothing to do with you.

I suggest you step back, and reassess. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy would be a good place to start for you personally. There are workbooks you can buy online if you dont want to see a therapist. It may open your eyes a bit. I only offer this advice, not because I feel sorry for ya, but Im fairly sure you are a miserable person and dont have to be if you take steps to choose not to be.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, scratch the last part about not even knowing what to plan for. 

GHSA ought to offer refunds of about 8 dollars per presold ticket and complete refunds to the elderly and handicapped.

No refunds... But your tickets will be good to get in at North Gwinnett.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

This username has been active for over a year... Since November 19th, 2016... I post about 17.7 times per day (Im betting 40% of my posts are arguing with you)... Obviously I post more on game days... Friday...

Your Guccifer username has been active for 14 days, and youve posted 678 times.... Or about 48.43 times per day...

The problem is... 48 of your 48.43 posts everyday are posts where you are arguing with someone about something unimportant and meaningless.

If your posts had meaning other than to simply annoy, itd be ok. But the fact your purpose on this board is to annoy and argue, says you are probably even more annoying and argumentative in real life.

Never in my life, have I met someone like that that isnt completely miserable... They hide it, but they are grumpy, miserable, lonely douchebags that have to do things like you do... Come on a board to annoy because everyone in your actual life is already aware of how you are and wants nothing to do with you.

I suggest you step back, and reassess. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy would be a good place to start for you personally. It may open your eyes a bit. I only offer this advice, not because I feel sorry for ya, but Im fairly sure you are a miserable person and dont have to be if you take steps to choose not to be.

DAMNNNNN ECHS W THE HAMMER!!!!!

Just now, ECHS05 said:

I suggest you step back, and reassess. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy would be a good place to start for you personally. It may open your eyes a bit. I only offer this advice, not because I feel sorry for ya, but Im fairly sure you are a miserable person and dont have to be if you take steps to choose not to be.

But you have 6,890 posts like this.

Mine are more like:

"Wrong"

"He's an Idiot"

Etc.

You know, substance.