Breakdown: Texas Football Championship Games

DevilDog

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

I have to repeat this whopper.

ECHS05 just said that Hapeville Charter was darn good for losing to a "decent" Thompson team.

O.o

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

True... Hapeville Charter was pretty darn good for a 2A. Just about beat the team CalPreps has #3 in Alabama, Thompson.. Lost 21-20. Thompson beat Hoover a few weeks later 32-25.

As you can see you are full of shit.

I said Hapeville Charter was pretty darn good for a 2A team. And I then laid out a game they performed well in vs a much larger class team ranked highly in another state.

DDog was saying he thought many of these smaller class teams can play with the larger class teams. I was agreeing.

As usual, you'll spin whatever you can into whatever context you want to self-create an argument.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

As you can see you are full of shit.

Clearly not.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

True... Hapeville Charter was pretty darn good for a 2A. Just about beat the team CalPreps has #3 in Alabama, Thompson.. Lost 21-20.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

It means they are pretty good. Thompson was a decent football team.

You said exactly what I attributed to you.

16 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I said Hapeville Charter was pretty darn good for a 2A team. And I then laid out a game they performed well in vs a much larger class team ranked highly in another state.

You said the were pretty darn good for losing to a "decent" team.

This might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever said and there's a lot of competition for that title.

The closest game State Finalist HP had this season was 5A Beast Texas Texas High who lost to their old coach against Cross town Rival 6A Ark.  High.  PG beat that 6A Team Ark High.  I will assure you they are the best team in Texarkana and I would rate Beast Texas top 5. Longview, Lufkin, Carthage, PG and Newton.  And that includes all the other 6A and 5A teams.

Attendance so far:  

6Man DII Gail Borden County (15-0) vs. Jonesboro (13-2) Attendance: 4482   Combined population of both towns less then 1,000

6 Man DI Balmorhea (13-1) vs. Strawn (15-0) Attendance: 5287 Combined population of both towns apprx 1200

2A DI Mart (15-1) vs. Refugio (13-2) Attendance: 7431 Combined population both towns:  5,316

2A DII Muenster (15-0) vs. Tenaha (15-0) Attendance: 9137 Combined population both towns:  2,748

3A DII Gunter (15-1) vs. Newton (15-0) Attendance: 12636

3A DI Brock (13-3) vs. Rockdale (13-3) Attendance: 12636

4A DI Kennedale (14-2) vs. Carthage (16-0) Attendance: 18043

Total attendance today 69,652 Fans.  Todays numbers for all 3 games should be close to 55K

Horsefly what is your opinion in the early part of this game?  Remember I said they will get WOS to try to stop the run and hit them with the pass.  They did this all year.  They got big physical receivers.  Then it is gonna open up the pounding game.  This is turning into a good one.  WOS tough group and will not quit and hard to beat.  At Least Beast Texas wins :D this one.

3-2 with my picks for the 2A-4A games so far.  I am taking HP to upset Manvel.  After watching the Jones kid at QB and that is their house. Gonna be a tough out and Manvel is known to screw up.  

I got it HP 37 Manvel 31.  Dammit

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Horsefly what is your opinion in the early part of this game?  Remember I said they will get WOS to try to stop the run and hit them with the pass.  They did this all year.  They got big physical receivers.  Then it is gonna open up the pounding game.  This is turning into a good one.  WOS tough group and will not quit and hard to beat.  At Least Beast Texas wins :D this one.

3-2 with my picks for the 2A-4A games so far. 

PG is stronger in the trenches, actually dominant.  They should win comfortably if they take care of the ball.  I see them separating themselves in the 2d half.