BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Based upon his offers buffalo temple of cuse. That would be the logical landing spots. He has an offer from Iowa state but I don't see too many NJ kids running to Ames Iowa 

heard Oregon has serious interest in him. we'll see if that is true as things start to unfold. what i can say is that kids rarely decommit without something in the pipeline. most times they already have been contacted.

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

heard Oregon has serious interest in him. we'll see if that is true as things start to unfold. what i can say is that kids rarely decommit without something in the pipeline. most times they already have been contacted.

And how many NJ kids go to Oregon. Basically if not truly 0. NJ kids go to the same 5 schools for the most part. Michigan cuse temple Rutgers Boston college. 

Yes there are outliers to that obv 

41 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And how many NJ kids go to Oregon. Basically if not truly 0. NJ kids go to the same 5 schools for the most part. Michigan cuse temple Rutgers Boston college. 

Yes there are outliers to that obv 

you are correct, however each kid is different. i know a kid on his team heavily considering oregon and another kid on that team who says oregon is his dream offer. would i bet my money on him going way out to oregon? no, but if he has a bunch of low level schools and oregon as a power 5 school is showing real interest, then i can see him going there. Alaimo went to UCLA, how many jersey kids are flocking out there? i say that to say some kids don't follow the crowd, they follow dreams, or the nike logo. lol

22 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

you are correct, however each kid is different. i know a kid on his team heavily considering oregon and another kid on that team who says oregon is his dream offer. would i bet my money on him going to way out to oregon, no, but if he has a bunch of low level schools and oregon as a power 5 school is showing real interest, then i can see him going there. Alaimo went to UCLA, how many jersey kids are flocking out there? i say that to say some kids don't follow the crowd, they follow dreams, or the nike logo. lol

That's why I said there are outlier to the statement I made. Cushing went to USC. Couple kids went to Miami. Will hill went to florida. Minkah went to alabama. Guarantano is at Tennessee. But I'm talking majority of kids go to the schools I mentioned. 

If those kids want to go to Oregon go do it. It's supposed to be a beautiful school and the nike money like you said is flowing. I have no issue with kids going to different school. Matter of fact I wish it would happen

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JerseyMan128 said:

It might not be 90% but the vast majority of their roster goes to West Point Prep for a semester or 2 before enrolling at West Point. Or Navy Prep for The Naval Academy. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/opinion/nocera-the-military-prep-school-scam.html

this article states that in 2011, two-thirds of the football players went to Army prep before enrolling. I believe that number has only gone up. 

The prep schools are a major reason for Army & Navy’s Resurgence. Navy has had winning seasons 14 of the last 15 seasons. And Army has beaten Navy 2 years in a row and had a 10 win season 2 years ago. They get to redshirt a majority of the players and they can bring in players that might not qualify for the academy academically but probably can be brought through the prep school. Everyone, military schools included, are willing to bend the rules to win. 

Bingo...but I feel the military academies were at a disadvantage when compared to other Div. I programs and the Prep. schools were necessary and have worked for them...the military academies attract certain kids who aren't necessarily 100% committed to football vs. education and service to this nation...and anyway they can improve their programs works for me...winning is a good thing for these kids who are F.T. cadets and P.T. football players and deserve to know the joy of hard work/ victory...I was on the edge of my chair watching Army almost upset Oklahoma!...the game of the year so far IMO...

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's post-grad. That different lifestyle/experience starts day one, along with a redshirt year at the Prep school. So it's 10 year commitment all toll. That's what I meant. 

Oh ok. Yeah but any college is a 4 year commit. And at west point u can leave after year 2 if you dont like it.  

5 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Amin vanover received an offer from Temple and Nebraska 

Mike Alaimo - Yale offer

Audric Estime - Nebraska offer

Smith Vilbert - Temple and Arkansas State

Elijuwan Mack - Temple offer

Thomas Walsh - Franklin Pierce offer

Bart Francois- Franklin Pierce offer

Nebraska I see is up in NJ often