BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

He never lived up to the hype that was put out for him. 

that may be true...but happy for him...great choice...very good football.....SJR vs BC...will now be Harvard vs Yale for the next four years....Sharkey vs Mckenzie.................

7 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

why not,,,been to a Yale game and an Princeton game...great football...awesome tailgates...why not 

Because in the scheme of college football the games mean absolutely nothing. I know NJ fans esp on this board about the education over quality of football but as a fan of football as I am I'd rather see these kids go to meaningful programs. 

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Because in the scheme of college football the games mean absolutely nothing. I know NJ fans esp on this board about the education over quality of football but as a fan of football as I am I'd rather see these kids go to meaningful programs. 

first off.....Mckenzie was not a true big D1...recruit...to be honest....best result.....for him

Just now, SJR89 said:

first off.....Mckenzie was not a true big D1...recruit...to be honest....best result.....for him

I know he wasnt. That is why it was ridiculous how hyped up he was. I said for years his best option was to go for wrestling over football. And multiple people I spoke with agreed. 

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

No but you can blame the people for hyping him up for something that he never was. Imo and others that I have spoken with he should have stuck with wrestling over football. 

McKenzie deserved the same amount of hype as jabrill as an 8th grader ..... 

14 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

His dedication was there .... can’t blame a kid for not growing. 

that also comes down that a kid is not supposed to Lift weights prior to puberty because it can and will stunt growth. Most of the best players blossom after 14 years old as you than see kids add height/weight and muscle. JM was shredded in 5th/6th grade doing workouts that 99.9% of kids his age wouldn't think doing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Canes1975 said:

Zip did you go to the Maroon & White scrimmage?

Yes I did and the majority of the rain held off for the game....BBQ, carnival and Mass followed.

Offense "won" and to be honest my focus is on the oline, so I can't give you a complete overview of the game. I'll say the OLine is young (1 senior), but they are gelling....we'll see more on Saturday vs Bethlehem catholic at Moravian college. It will be nice to see the lines perform against an opponent vs the guys they've been practicing against all summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zipcep said:

Yes I did and the majority of the rain held off for the game....BBQ, carnival and Mass followed.

Offense "won" and to be honest my focus is on the oline, so I can't give you a complete overview of the game. I'll say the OLine is young (1 senior), but they are gelling....we'll see more on Saturday vs Bethlehem catholic at Moravian college. It will be nice to see the lines perform against an opponent vs the guys they've been practicing against all summer.

Hi Zip, what time is that scrimmage vs PA's BC?

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes. PGL set the teams up a few months ago as each had the same need. We chose UPenn because of its central location. The SJC AD played ball there, so he was able to secure a field. PJ graduated 16+ senior starters. They're not in the same league, but still wanted the challenge. 

Be careful what you wish for...

• Confused 2