BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

2 hours ago, NORTHjerseyfbfan said:

Are people pissed at Sabella that Berger wasn’t voted 1st team all state like they were at Teel for not voting him first team county over Monangi? Monangi was obviously the better player for 2 years straight....

Lol that’s you opinion not a fact but a good player 

15 hours ago, NORTHjerseyfbfan said:

Are people pissed at Sabella that Berger wasn’t voted 1st team all state like they were at Teel for not voting him first team county over Monangi? Monangi was obviously the better player for 2 years straight....

My top 4 RB's in Bosco history.

No order

Ryan Grant

Michael Ray Garvin

Kyle Monangai

Toney Jones

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Top 5...add Brian Toal...beast

I don't count him as a RB. Was a LB used as a RB because he was to big for 99% of the kids on their schedule. But if you want to classify him as  RB it would be hard to find a more productive back in this group. To kyle and Toney's defense they played against much stiffer competition. Honestly id take Dylan and Paulie over toal as a RB. Best LB in bosco history but i dont really consider him a RB. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I don't count him as a RB. Was a LB used as a RB because he was to big for 99% of the kids on their schedule. But if you want to classify him as  RB it would be hard to find a more productive back in this group. To kyle and Toney's defense they played against much stiffer competition. Honestly id take Dylan and Paulie over toal as a RB. Best LB in bosco history but i dont really consider him a RB. 

Was Garvin a RB I thought he was WR

6 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

My top 4 RB's in Bosco history.

No order

Ryan Grant

Michael Ray Garvin

Kyle Monangai

Toney Jones

1.  Tony Jones.  He was better than Garvin when TJ was only a Frosh.

2.  Ryan (I never saw him--I'm just guessing)

3.  Brian Toal (he had more moves than Garvin).  Ironhead faced less competition, and was bigger.  So, you gotta give him his due

4.  Kyle M, not Kyle Pipps, who was pretty good, too.  Made yards w/o blocking

5.  Paulie Cans.  Ran over and out ran tough comp.  Faster than Hanks

6.  Hanks.  Biggest heart.  You hit him, and he got 2-3 more

7.  Berger (he & Toal, best players out of the bunch.  if he were a pure RB who had better blocking, maybe he'd be tops)

8.  Garvin.  looks amazing due to his speed but didn't he overlap w/ Toal and face the same comp.  How much ability did he have to make yards on his own?  GSB could run through those holes.

9.  Dylan

10.  Bakker or Guy

11.  GSB.  I saw him up at the Allendale track, when it pitch black, run a 40 that we timed at 4.7 by counting Mississippis and estimating a bit.  Admittedly, we were distracted but it didn't take all night.  4.7 sounded about right

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

3.  Brian Toal (he had more moves than Garvin).  Ironhead faced less competition, and was bigger.  So, you gotta give him his due

7.  Berger (he & Toal, best players out of the bunch.  if he were a pure RB who had better blocking, maybe he'd be tops)

8.  Garvin.  looks amazing due to his speed but didn't he overlap w/ Toal and face the same comp.  How much ability did he have to make yards on his own?  GSB could run through those holes.

9.  Dylan

10.  Bakker or Guy

11.  GSB.  I saw him up at the Allendale track, when it pitch black, run a 40 that we timed at 4.7 by counting Mississippis and estimating a bit.  Admittedly, we were distracted but it didn't take all night.  4.7 sounded about right

I remembered and then I forgot--Peppers, even as a Soph he belongs up there.  High up there.  Shu and Wilkins weren't gaining against Manatee that much, and Pepps took over, as he had against MV.  Manatee had 8 FBS players on D that year.

Pepps is above Cans and probably Kyle M, but its close with Kyle M.

It's tough to compare eras, with talent or lack thereof on Bosco and against Bosco.  Pepps plays all 4 yrs at Bosco and he's #1.

29 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

9.  Dylan

10.  Bakker or Guy

Not a RB but my favorite Athlete was Bret Kniefe , that dude had the nastiest Fake Handoff option to the RB where the whole Defense tackled the RB while Bret was 60 yards downfield with the ball

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I don't see how GSB is getting missed in all of this.

His running style is very upright and based on primal fear, but he's elusive and he hides behind his blockers like Tony Jones.  At times, it looks like he's running over water, leaving no footprints.

I can run 🏃‍♀️ faster than GSB even if I was running Backwards in Timberlands 🥾 

15 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I liked Sherman Alston a lot.  As a Frosh at BC, he was good.

I think Larry Stevens would have been a good back.  Maybe too injury prone.  Cushing's up there. 

That BC kid at Nebraska now is up there.

Sherm never attended BC. Cushing was a man amongst boys.

• Like 1