Should children under 12 play tackle football?

Ararar

My kids won't be playing tackle until HS.  Too many knuckleheads running youth programs out here, coupled with the weight limits.  

They'll be fine btw, kids starting so damn early in everything is nutty.  Kids should be playing at the park.

People pissed about the government stepping in to protect kids can kindly kick rocks.  There's not enough info out there on concussions in minors, and taking a step back isn't the worst thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GloryDays said:

My kids won't be playing tackle until HS.  Too many knuckleheads running youth programs out here, coupled with the weight limits.  

They'll be fine btw, kids starting so damn early in everything is nutty.  Kids should be playing at the park.

People pissed about the government stepping in to protect kids can kindly kick rocks.  There's not enough info out there on concussions in minors, and taking a step back isn't the worst thing.

Way too much government interference in everything. 

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

No drinking, nothing out of the education and 1 gf thru all of college? Where did u go to college if u don't mind me asking? And did that girl end up being your wife?

I graduated from st. Thomas Aquinas college which is a small school near my house and no she did not and thank God she did not. Way to much bullshit around her. Me and her are still friends but nothing more than that. She has her own problems to deal with (divorce 2 kids)

9 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Part of game. Football is a violent sport. Always has been always will be. But in my opinion they will continue to ruin it

That's not a great justification.

Lots of Little Leagues have banned kids under 12 from throwing a curveball, because of the damage it does to their arm.  

Football, unfortunately is behind the times.  

Maybe more studies will come out, and the meatheads will be validated.

I doubt it, but maybe.

5 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

Lots of Little Leagues have banned kids under 12 from throwing a curveball, because of the damage it does to their arm.  

I doubt it, but maybe.

Like nolan Ryan is on record saying the problem is not that people are throwing too much it's that they are not throwing enough. Every pitcher today is very babied. Now the only thing I didn't like was when my brother pitched in little league when he was done pitching the coach tried to make him catch because he had such a strong arm. Unfortunately the way sports are going it won't be long til I can't watch sports anymore

54 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

I doubt it, but maybe.

The difference is you CAN remove things like curveballs from baseball, headers from soccer, cross-checking from hockey, and still play the sport with some reasonable semblance of the sport.

You can't simply ban tackling from tackle football. Either you are playing tackle football or you are playing flag or two-hand touch. Football isn't behind the times, it's caught between a rock and a hard place.

10 minutes ago, Griff said:

The difference is you CAN remove things like curveballs from baseball, headers from soccer, cross-checking from hockey, and still play the sport with some reasonable semblance of the sport.

You can't simply ban tackling from tackle football. Either you are playing tackle football or you are playing flag or two-hand touch. Football isn't behind the times, it's caught between a rock and a hard place.

No reason to remove headers from soccer. Million of people play soccer across the world and it's part of the sport. Stop removing parts of a game. Curveball part of baseball. You can throw a modified curveball with less strain on your arm. #Savesports #stopkillingthesport #waronsportstoday

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

No reason to remove headers from soccer. Million of people play soccer across the world and it's part of the sport. Stop removing parts of a game. Curveball part of baseball. You can throw a modified curveball with less strain on your arm. #Savesports #stopkillingthesport #waronsportstoday

No doubt. My point was to illustrate that tackling in football is different from removing curves from baseball or headers from soccer. You can play those other sports without those things, but you cannot remove tackling from football without drastically changing the game.

17 minutes ago, Griff said:

No doubt. My point was to illustrate that tackling in football is different from removing curves from baseball or headers from soccer. You can play those other sports without those things, but you cannot remove tackling from football without drastically changing the game.

Exactly. How soft are we going to get as a country. It's so bad. I'm my opinion it's becoming harder and harder to watch sports and I love sports. It's my whole life. We have the best equipment and the best training compared to what we had in the past. You have to deal with the injuries if you wanna play the sport 

15 hours ago, GloryDays said:

What about the Glory allstars?  And the showdown with Preps overachieving, sharpened by steel squad (with Preps kid-who by the eye test is a ringer)?  I got 2k on this game, dont tell me Its off.  

😕

#sadicantprofitofflittlekids

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

5th grade is when things started getting interesting. You should have hung in there.

LMAO

That shit is funny.  

Btw, 5th grade is about the time your 'A' papers dont make it on the fridge anymore.  Where is the incentive?  That's when the system lost me and I became a disillusioned 5h grader...with an attitude.

4 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

LMAO

That shit is funny.  

Btw, 5th grade is about the time your 'A' papers dont make it on the fridge anymore.  Where is the incentive?  That's when the system lost me and I became a disillusioned 5h grader...with an attitude.

Did you smell the scented markers too??

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Did you smell the scented markers too??

That's hardcore stuff.  That's Where you start.  Take the cap off a few markers and take a wife and before you can say "recess" you are on to the Elmers glue stuff.  Good luck maintaining any normal life after being on Elmers.  

Yeah 5th grade is where it's all at.

17 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

That's hardcore stuff.  That's Where you start.  Take the cap off a few markers and take a wife and before you can say "recess" you are on to the Elmers glue stuff.  Good luck maintaining any normal life after being on Elmers.  

Yeah 5th grade is where it's all at.

I wish I can take a wife lmaoooooo but smelling markers was the shit in 5th grade were I come from.  So was peppering your buddies with tennis balls in the back. Nothing beat the scent of scented markers

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

What about the Glory allstars?  And the showdown with Preps overachieving, sharpened by steel squad (with Preps kid-who by the eye test is a ringer)?  I got 2k on this game, dont tell me Its off.  

😕

#sadicantprofitofflittlekids

Still on!

March 4th.

Buy your tickets now, it's gonna be a sellout!