NRA hits back at United Airlines, Delta, other companies for cutting ties

RedZone

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretty sure that the threat from Cagle to Delta is actually unconstitutional. Of course this is much along the same lines as Trump stating he wanted a Muslim ban and then once getting into office, actually pushing one. 

A sitting legislature shouldn't be able to stave off Delta's freedom of expression via a threat of some government reaction because they don't like the message, but, these aren't really all that normal of times. 

Tough to bring a case when the legislation hadn't been passed yet, but, really not a good look. His tweet certainly is a threat and appears to try to shun Delta's freedom of speech/expression with punishment of killing a bill that could have been worth millions to the company. It could possibly also saved consumers money as well, if, a big if, Delta chose to not raise their fees or cut some prices thanks to the cuts in taxes. 

If the NRA wasnt lining the pockets of politicians then they wouldnt even care...

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretty sure that the threat from Cagle to Delta is actually unconstitutional.

Pretty sure it's not. Legislatures have been using tax policy to reward/punish since the dawn of time. I guess it could be in some violation of the GA State Constitution, but you'd need to show the specific clause the move violates.

Sour grapes/butthurt? Sure. Unconstitutional? Unlikely.

3 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Pretty sure it's not. Legislatures have been using tax policy to reward/punish since the dawn of time. I guess it could be in some violation of the GA State Constitution, but you'd need to show the specific clause the move violates.

The real sour grapes are the ones threatening delta... 

This is stupid... 

Now we're gonna be in a dog fight with a major economic contributor.

28 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

So you don't think that the legislature has extra scrutiny in how they handle things like this? 

It's one thing to do some things that can't really be proven as retaliation for political views, but an entirely different thing to say you are going to punish for political views and then proceed to do so. 

I think there are some extra circumstances at play here, like announcing the intent.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So you don't think that the legislature has extra scrutiny in how they handle things like this? 

It's one thing to do some things that can't really be proven as retaliation for political views, but an entirely different thing to say you are going to punish for political views and then proceed to do so. 

I think there are some extra circumstances at play here, like announcing the intent.

Not the first time stating intent has been done, either.

Again, not saying it isn't a dick move...it's just not unconstitutional.

38 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The real sour grapes are the ones threatening delta... 

This is stupid... 

Now we're gonna be in a dog fight with a major economic contributor.

Agreed...that's who I was referring to.

I honestly doubt this goes very far. At the end of the day, Delta does pretty much whatever the hell they want.

Just proves my point about the NRA owning government officials. This is about money and nothing else.

These politicians and the NRA could care less about gun rights. This is proof right here.

I hope my business follow suit and don't cave into the monetary pressure.

"Casey Cagle would sacrifice thousands of jobs, endanger our state's economy, and stick a finger in the eye of a huge employer in our state just to satisfy his buddies at the NRA," Priyanka Mantha said.

26 minutes ago, noonereal said:

school+shooting.jpg

School shootings were rare to non-existent in the UK prior to Dunblane.  Now you just have to worry about bombings and mass stabbings and being slaughtered by a van or truck while walking around town.

And now we're moving on to banning handguns also?

Glad to see you and your "centrist" vagina coming out openly as anti-2nd amendment. Finally.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

School shootings were rare to non-existent in the UK prior to Dunblane.  Now you just have to worry about bombings and mass stabbings and being slaughtered by a van or truck while walking around town.

And now we're moving on to banning handguns also?

Glad to see you and your "centrist" vagina coming out openly as anti-2nd amendment. Finally.

I just turned anti-gun.

It was this last incident and the disgusting comments from you and others that followed that pushed me into my new position. 

That is what happens when you are intelligent and maintain an open mind.

You would not understand that. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

It was this last incident and the disgusting comments from you and others that followed that pushed me into my new position. 

The disgusting comments and NRA attitudes haven't changed with this redneck crew going back to the very first mass shooting.

What takes you SO long?

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I just turned anti-gun.

That is what happens when you are intelligent and maintain an open mind.

You would not understand that. 

What "disgusting" comment did I make, nooner?

And I'll take your self-declaration of intelligence for its comedic worth...

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The disgusting comments and NRA attitudes haven't changed with this redneck crew going back to the very first mass shooting.

What takes you SO long?

I always favored stronger gun laws but never had it very high as a priority. Plus, I was always fine with folks having a traditional rifle, shotgun and revolver. 

But honest, enough is enough. 

I mean, I know point blank a gun is no protection but it does make many sleep better. 

My new attitude, let the bitches toss and turn. 

2 hours ago, concha said:

What "disgusting" comment did I make, nooner?

And I'll take your self-declaration of intelligence for its comedic worth...

you tried to make this a problem which many found very distasteful. 

You never spoke to the tragedy,   to the poor slaughtered. Clearly they just got in the way of your racist agenda. 

https://www.prepgridiron.com/topic/6207-shooting-at-high-school-in-parkland-fla-multiple-injuries-reported/

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

you tried to make this about race which many found very distasteful. 

You never spoke to the tragedy,   to the poor slaughtered. Clearly they just got in the way of your racist agenda. 

https://www.prepgridiron.com/topic/6207-shooting-at-high-school-in-parkland-fla-multiple-injuries-reported/

No.  I replied to DD, who was making it about race. I simply pointed out that mass shootings are a male thing, not a race thing.

Since you have been so kind as to throw an accusation of racism, please have the balls and integrity to back it up.  Where did I state any kind of racial superiority (or inferiority) of one race vs another? 

1 hour ago, concha said:

No.  I replied to DD, who was making it about race. I simply pointed out that mass shootings are a male thing, not a race thing.

Since you have been so kind as to throw an accusation of racism, please have the balls and integrity to back it up.  Where did I state any kind of racial superiority (or inferiority) of one race vs another? 

OK, Concha, tell yourself your not a problem. 

Challenge is to convince others. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

OK, Concha, tell yourself your not a racist. 

Challenge is to convince others. 

As I suspected.

Your "transition" to the left (if it ever had to actually occur) was certainly swift and complete.

You are now classed with the lowest of filth who would openly call a man racist and then cower like a spineless worm when challenged to back it up.

Congratulations.  Goebbels would be proud of your approach.  Just as the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and many others would smile at your desire to disarm the populace.