NRA hits back at United Airlines, Delta, other companies for cutting ties

RedZone

1 hour ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Again, small sample size. This is obviously a reaction from gun nuts who believe their guns will be taken away as a result of the recent tragedy. 

Go look who the donate heavy to. They own the republican party.

I don't think you quite understand any of this. You seem slow. Were you a slow learner in school?

giphy.gif

xD

No civilian should have access to semi-automatic weapons or accessories that make weapons automatic. Especially an 18-year-old kid.
No matter what you call them, assault weapons, military-style weapons, or an extension of your penis, these weapons are built to be used in war.
The 2nd amendment has been distorted to the point of perversion.
Even the far right gun enthusiast and Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said the 2nd amendment has its limitations on what can be owned by civilians.

And I make these comments as a gun owner.

33 minutes ago, noonereal said:

No civilian should have access to semi-automatic weapons or accessories that make weapons automatic. Especially an 18-year-old kid.

Agreed that it's easy to make the case that accessories designed to circumvent the designed purpose of a firearm are not protected by the 2A. That's probably a slam dunk, and would be a "win" for the gun control mob to hang their hat on.

Semi-automatic firearms aren't going away...that's a constitutional non-starter. The difficult part is that's the only way to ever make a dent in mass casualty events from a legislative perspective.

An 18-year-old kid can join the military, and we give him a fully automatic weapon and tell him to kill people. I struggle with the idea that age should be involved...if that's the road we want to go down, then we probably just need to make 21 the official "adulthood" number (including voting) and be done with it.

I make these comments as a non-gun owner.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, concha said:

Shouldn't you, as a leftist, be thrilled about the prospect of a "corporate fat cat" having a tax break taken away?  Or was this one that caused some inner turmoil for some reason?

Well, considering that the I didn't deem that tax cut was going to cost my pocket book anything, I didn't actually see any reason to be against it, in general. I like to try weighing these things on their own merit. 

As far as the turmoil, yeah, you can read where I feel like it should be unconstitutional to try curbing someone's right to express their political view by damaging them from a legislative perspective as an opposing political entity. 

The Georgia GOP threatening Delta has them looking at other states... 

The Ohio Governor is already trying to woo Delta to relocate.... 

"We won't threaten you" 

Casey Cagle needs to get a fucking grip... 

Delta is actually helping our states economy... But because they severed ties with the NRA you're having a pissy fit... 

Wake the fuck up... 

The NRA isn't helping Georgia. All they want is to use your dumbass like a puppet... that's why they keep his pockets lined. 

Your concern should be the well being of the state of Georgia... 

The NRA isn't gonna contribute squat... 

These are jobs you're putting on the line... 

18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The Georgia GOP threatening Delta has them looking at other states... 

The Ohio Governor is already trying to woo Delta to relocate.... 

"We won't threaten you" 

Casey Cagle needs to get a fucking grip... 

Delta is actually helping our states economy... But because they severed ties with the NRA you're having a pissy fit... 

Wake the fuck up... 

The NRA isn't helping Georgia. All they want is to use your dumbass like a puppet... that's why they keep his pockets lined. 

Your concern should be the well being of the state of Georgia... 

The NRA isn't gonna contribute squat... 

These are jobs you're putting on the line... 

If I was Delta, I would jet to Ohio. Pun intended. 

39 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That would be tantamount to Coca Cola leaving Atlanta, not happening.

Over hissy fit politics, that's stupid.

The costs to re-locate Delta would be many multiples the value of the tax break. Not to mention disruption to the business.

Anyone who thinks Delta is thinking about re-location is a fool.

19 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Agreed that it's easy to make the case that accessories designed to circumvent the designed purpose of a firearm are not protected by the 2A. That's probably a slam dunk, and would be a "win" for the gun control mob to hang their hat on.

Semi-automatic firearms aren't going away...that's a constitutional non-starter. The difficult part is that's the only way to ever make a dent in mass casualty events from a legislative perspective.

An 18-year-old kid can join the military, and we give him a fully automatic weapon and tell him to kill people. I struggle with the idea that age should be involved...if that's the road we want to go down, then we probably just need to make 21 the official "adulthood" number (including voting) and be done with it.

I make these comments as a non-gun owner.

The raising of the age has already been knocked down in the Senate. 

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If I was Delta, I would jet to Ohio. Pun intended. 

Don't be surprised...if Delta doesn't end up in Virginia.  What started out as a joke is turning into a nightmare.  Truthfully...most of Georgia wouldn't care...but the move would literally destroy Atlanta.  You go Casey !!!!

Talk about cutting of your nose to spite your face.....

Rufus>>

16 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Delta isn’t leaving ATL. For christsakes, boys...get a grip. 

1 hour ago, concha said:

The costs to re-locate Delta would be many multiples the value of the tax break. Not to mention disruption to the business.

Anyone who thinks Delta is thinking about re-location is a fool.

Has anyone heard of political posturing before? 

Delta says, sorry NRA, we can't in good faith stand behind you anymore.

Casey Cagle says, "It's an attack on conservatives!" and commences to kill a tax cut legislation designed to help Delta do better in the state of Georgia. 

Delta hints that they could pull operations and move to a different state that is offering "more friendly" taxes and incentives.

The ball is in Cagle's court. 

It could end up like this...

Playing-Chicken-With-Train.gif.48f5f893454ac64e66298e5e148ebc64.gif

Or it could end up like this...

giphy.gif.304d70ce01373657acf23d0e18093f45.gif

Most likely is the first option, but, if some other state is offering inventives that cover the "lost jet fuel tax cut" and a lot of the moving expense, then it's totally not impossible that Delta could really pull up and move. 

It's a competitive world for businesses and huge employers like that. 

On the bright side, Amazon hasn't pulled their offhand  support for the NRA (using FedEx shipping) yet and they still have Atlanta in the running for a new headquarters.  Of course watching how the state legislators play political extortion with large corporations could change Amazon's mind about moving to such a place.

Good luck Atlanta and Cagle. May your game of political chicken pan out good for the state of Georgia and city of Atlanta.

28 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Casey Cagle says, "It's an attack on conservatives!" and commences to kill a tax cut legislation designed to help Delta do better in the state of Georgia. 

Delta hints that they could pull operations and move to a different state that is offering "more friendly" taxes and incentives.

Most likely is the first option, but, if some other state is offering inventives that cover the "lost jet fuel tax cut" and a lot of the moving expense, then it's totally not impossible that Delta could really pull up and move. 

On the bright side, Amazon hasn't pulled their offhand  support for the NRA (using FedEx shipping) yet and they still have Atlanta in the running for a new headquarters.  Of course watching how the state legislators play political extortion with large corporations could change Amazon's mind about moving to such a place.

Good luck Atlanta and Cagle. May your game of political chicken pan out good for the state of Georgia and city of Atlanta.

Cagle is another loud mouth... 

That tends to be a trend. 

Just because you're loud doesn't mean you're right...

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And just assure as you said it... 

The state of New York offered Delta a tax break and relocation assistance... of they decide to leave Georgia... 

Yea We're not getting amazon... and some of the state Senate is backing him too... 

Wtf man... does common sense just like not even matter anymore...