Middle school teacher secretly ran white supremacist podcast, says it was satire

RedZone

17 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I don’t see any reference in the article to her teaching it to her class. 

Is there a different article where this is claimed?

Yes the huffpost was the news source who investigated it and reported it. In her podcasts she bragged about it. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/florida-public-school-teacher-white-nationalist-podcast_us_5a99ae32e4b089ec353a1fba

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I did. Again she BRAGGED about teaching it yo jet class. He asked for a link and I provided it. Read the article then get back to me.

It says in the link:  "Dayanna Volitich, a 25-year-old social studies teacher at Crystal River Middle School in Florida, has been secretly hosting the white nationalist podcast “Unapologetic” under the pseudonym “Tiana Dalichov” and bragging about teaching her views in a public school, HuffPost has discovered. "

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I did. Again she BRAGGED about teaching it yo jet class. He asked for a link and I provided it. Read the article then get back to me.

I listened to the podcast in the article. While she does talk about “teaching differently” when administrators were around, “she bragged about teaching it to her class” seems like a bit of an exaggeration by the author. 

In any case, it sounds like Crystal County is in the process of doing the right thing...perhaps the BUSD could take some notes. 

10 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I listened to the podcast in the article. While she does talk about “teaching differently” when administrators were around, “she bragged about teaching it to her class” seems like a bit of an exaggeration by the author. 

In any case, it sounds like Crystal County is in the process of doing the right thing...perhaps the BUSD could take some notes. 

Oh, I see now that you found the podcast. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In some of her podcasts she bragged about "sewing the seeds" in her classroom and was "teaching" others how to do so. 

And she also encouraged other white nationalists to infiltrated the public school system.  All of this is logical as the purpose is to indoctrinate.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

And she also encouraged other white nationalists to infiltrated the public school system.  All of this is logical as the purpose is to indoctrinate.  

Well, in her defense... It was all satire. She was jay-kaying is all. To the end of getting listeners and shares. 

xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1