Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

23 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

@dbcaptiron

I always liked the young grasshopper and the show Kung Fu. Then the star was discovered naked and strangled, supposedly by his own hand in some auto-erotic episode in Thailand. I just can't seem to watch the show in the same light anymore. 

After all that Shaolin training, he still didn't have the sense that god gave a... grasshopper. 

A truly entertaining movie, Shaolin Soccer.

Find it watch it, this is the trailer. 

On 3/15/2018 at 10:44 PM, World Citizen said:

I guess what I should have made clear is, concerning our politics, it has become a zero sum game.  This has nothing to do with people actually trying to solve problems in any sincere way.  

I hope it's obvious that our politics really isn't concerned with ideological positions anymore.  It has been either win or lose.  

It started with Gingrich imo but became public knowledge when McConnel and his gang of merry men met and made a pact to deny Obama at every turn.  Give him no victories regardless if it was originally one of their ideas or if it would have helped their constituents.  

These merry men also made a pact with Grover Norquist about no tax increases.  Signed a pledge.  They also signed a pledge with those who elected them but that was not a high priority pledge.  

This says nothing about how I feel about compromise and working with opposing ideas.  And searching for a "middle" as you say, is not the goal.  Its just a unspecific place where compromise usually ends up.  It could end anywhere though which is why the middle is not a metric I would use.  

I'm of the theory, that it started from the beginning and evolved to what it is today with media putting more out either fragmented, whole or otherwise.

17 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Loved that show...until I found out it was supposed to be Bruce Lee's role.  >:( 

Ironic one of Lee's goals was introducing Chinese culture to the west and Hollywood pulled a Hollywood on him and thought him too Chinese for American audiences. 

Still shake my head on that. 

Another good point if your going to bring up the show....

Everyone that liked the show (at the time) understood this, Kung Fu was never considered any 'American' tradition.  For those watching today probably more important to note.  I did allude to it tho....with the 'American' Kung Fu King crack...

It IS also funny to note that when it comes to box office or cash, the left will discriminate and self-serve just as quickly as the right, but on the bright side, the formula worked so think about it this way......NOT so ironic given the stated goal....if my goal was to introduce a sport I like to a foreign culture and that result was achieved without me personally waving the flag, but replaced with a 'mix' of the two cultures....I would still be very happy.  

Not saying what they did was right.  But as the results worked well for such a tricky task (and very possibly much better than if he had personaly waved the flag) I can't really say that there should be any 'love lost' out of reverence to Bruce.   Point of fact, that show probably did more fore Bruce and his career than many of his own, as it created an 'American' audience for his martial arts and he was most certainly one of the greatest benefactors of having his stated goal being achieved...

Besides...I check that shit at the door, If my goal is to relax, be entertained, and watch a good show....

:D   

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I'm of the theory, that it started from the beginning and evolved to what it is today

I think this is most correct.

I'd say Bush, in 2000, galvanized a national voting block of Evangelical Christians (he did this to his advantage in TX first) which served as the bedrock for what we have today. Fox news, by design, brought the message to a wider audience and it all merged into a organized and powerful political force where an ideology (like religion) came before state (traditional compromise). 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

I think this is most correct.

I'd say Bush, in 2000, galvanized a national voting block of Evangelical Christians (he did this to his advantage in TX first) which served as the bedrock for what we have today. Fox news, by design, brought the message to a wider audience and it all merged into a organized and powerful political force where an ideology (like religion) came before state (traditional compromise). 

Fox News reaches < 5 million in a typical night.  The left-of-center mainstream media (ABC, CBS, NBC,CNN, HLN, MSDNC, NPR...) reaches 25M+.

Think about that, Mr. Thoughtful Guy.

I'd also note that when challenged to explain your assertion that the RNC has moved right, you invariably give one of your useless ("If I have to explain.." schpiels and then run away.

Queue the "If I have to explain..." (or equivalent) response. Softball lobbed...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Fox News reaches < 5 million in a typical night.  The left-of-center mainstream media (ABC, CBS, NBC,CNN, HLN, MSDNC, NPR...) reaches 25M+.

So? 

and your assertion that the GOP of today is the same as it was under  Eisenhower is totally mindless

no one is gonna waste time with you over such obvious stuff

what you need is to be a bit more polite or I am gonna treat you as you deserve

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

So? 

and your assertion that the GOP of today is the same as it was under  Eisenhower is totally mindless

no one is gonna waste time with you over such obvious stuff

what you need is to be a bit more polite or I am gonna treat you as you deserve

So now it's the Republican Party of 60 years ago that "has left you"? xD

You're happy posting such laughable crap? Seriously?

You, Mr. Centrist (LMAO),  thinks it's intelligent to behave like a liberal snowflake and obsess over a network that reaches just a tiny fraction of the US population on any given day?

xD

Just now, concha said:

So now it's the Republican Party of 60 years ago that "has left you"? xD

You're happy posting such laughable crap? Seriously?

You, Mr. Centrist (LMAO),  thinks it's intelligent to behave like a liberal snowflake and obsess over a network that reaches just a tiny fraction of the US population on any given day?

xD

the party of Bush Sr is gone

Serious question, do you honestly not see this? 

I have been thinking you are just trying to lead me to waste my time. 

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

the party of Bush Sr is gone

Serious question, do you honestly not see this? 

I have been thinking you are just trying to lead me to waste my time. 

You've been challenged to explain exactly what it is that has made the Republican Party so radical in your view. 

You run away.

The reality is that moves one way or another by either party are most extreme on the left. Ex. immigration.  You judge your silly perception of centrism by where the left is on any given day.

31 minutes ago, concha said:

You've been challenged to explain exactly what it is that has made the Republican Party so radical in your view. 

You run away.

The reality is that moves one way or another by either party are most extreme on the left. Ex. immigration.  You judge your silly perception of centrism by where the left is on any given day.

False. 

The Republican party has become a party of extremism. That's not even debatable southern boy. 

Enjoy the humidity. 

20180317_132250.png

17 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

False. 

The Republican party has become a party of extremism. That's not even debatable southern boy. 

Enjoy the humidity. 

Posting an article from a hard left "journalist" who writes for hard left rags as proof positive of something.

You are a fool.

This board is not a better place since your arrival. 60 posts per day of nothing but trolling and flaming and bullshit. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Posting an article from a hard left "journalist" who writes for hard left rags as proof positive of something.

You are a fool.

This board is not a better place since your arrival. 60 posts per day of nothing but trolling and flaming and bullshit. 

Funny since all you do is push hard right agendas and articles to push your BS.

I'm calling you on it and responding to every but it BS far right agenda you post. You are on here all day every day trolling. So im gonna do it right back to you. Trash. 

I own you. 

2 hours ago, concha said:

You run away.

You need to learn the difference between running away and refusing to hunt for Easter Eggs to amuse. 

We all know what is in the eggs today, we all know what was in the eggs pre 1999. 

You, pretending that nothing has changed is either ignorance or want. 

The Republicans of today are further right than the conservatives of 1990. 

I just hope you ate not serious but I am starting to believe you are. 

8 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You need to learn the difference between running away and refusing to hunt for Easter Eggs to amuse. 

We all know what is in the eggs today, we all know what was in the eggs pre 1999. 

You run away.

You know it.

I know it.

The board knows it.

41 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Soooooooo ....seeing as all you have is opinionated conjecture to offer on topic....maybe we can try this....

You know it....we all know it....

When I just so happened to be alive in the 90's, i kinda remember it a little differently than you....

as far as 'extremism', well DEM righties (pun) was tryin to spit all over the constitution...left and right (another pun) 

Bans on music come to mind for a 'music lover'...  Got some REAL good stories about them Bans on obscene T-shirts locally in Seaside for you if your interested.. Bans on everything, and holy crap Batman....They even had more gun rights and the world was a safer place....

Today they do stuff like get suspended for going to class in school, instead of attending the liberal protest.....

.....and all 'radical hell' breaks loose???  

your 90's to now comparison is laughable...

your conviction in claiming no need to back up anything you say, is sleazy at best....and always has been

and Easter eggs LOLOL

would stay and debate, but (since and as you prefer) there's no need to back up anything,  I'm off to Paterson for Patty's day...

cheers! giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Funny since all you do is push hard right agendas and articles to push your BS.

I'm calling you on it and responding to every but it BS far right agenda you post. You are on here all day every day trolling. So im gonna do it right back to you. Trash. 

I own you. 

In the words of the great Ronald Reagan - “Aww, shuddup!”

• Haha 1