OT: Offseason heavy metal/hard rock ETC. thread

golfaddict1

54 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Polka? 

Really?

hahaha good stuff

both songs played yesterday on WFMU, a very progressive hipster station that broadcasts out of Jersey City NJ.  

Nothing deep, just light and fun. Plus, who does not like pirogi? 

I have recently taken to incorporating them in formal dinning. Surrounding them with none traditional foods like lamb or a beef. 

A bit of melted butter,  some cilantro for garnish..... on a mushroom pirogi.

Also toying with a yogurt sauce over  potato pirogi.

I am still working on it... :P

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

just so you know, what  these guys play isn't really classical music

that said, it is most definitely classical crossover music and it can be a gateway drug to a world of bliss..... until you get like me and it becomes a compulsion that just can't be satiated, stealing resources to feed the addiction. 

if I told you how much I spent last week alone on this, now monkey on my back, you'd be floored. 

Be warned. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

just so you know, what  these guys play isn't really classical music

that said, it is most definitely classical crossover music and it can be a gateway drug to a world of bliss..... until you get like me and it becomes a compulsion that just can't be satiated, stealing resources to feed the addiction. 

if I told you how much I spent last week alone on this, now monkey on my back, you'd be floored. 

Be warned. 

Oh I know it isn't classical. It's still pretty great though, right? Idk. I dig it. 

Even as the world collapses around us... The Show Must Go On!

22 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Absolutely! I own several of their albums.... think I even own a Christmas album and a DVD  

No joke, last weekend cost me north of a grand on classical music, directly or indirectly. 

Ouch!

Yeah, I doubt I fall into spending that much, although I see how it could happen. For me, as I've said, I like the guitar more in general, but the immersion of sounds coming from these guy's cellos is definitely awe inspiring. I've been to a few concerts in my life, and always rock or country, but I'd definitely go to a 2CELLOS concert. They seem to be showmen as well as talented musicians.