So much drama: Iran Deal

RedZone

I'll read through this all later... 

As far as drama... There shouldn't have been any. Everyone knew Trump was going to do just what he did. As usual, "we" let the media, and Trump, play it up to the umpteenth power and then, true to form, exactly what "we" thought would happen, did. 

6 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

That’s the regurgitated position from the obama boot lickers like noon. 

Go back to sleep. 

I do not lick boots my disrespectful, angry friend.

You might want to check your tongue for Trump residue. 

Obie was pretty much inept as president. I have been wholly consistent in this. 

This is not a terrible agreement. This is just Trump setting fires, like the sick arsonist fireman who makes himself a hero through destruction and endangering others. 

A president that did not have Trump's emotional needs would simply have gone back to Iran, with our allies and the UN and addressed their missile program next. 

You are such a radical loon that you cannot think free of hate and tribe. Your hate makes you lesser. Straight up. 

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll read through this all later... 

As far as drama... There shouldn't have been any. Everyone knew Trump was going to do just what he did. As usual, "we" let the media, and Trump, play it up to the umpteenth power and then, true to form, exactly what "we" thought would happen, did. 

Not really. If you recall Trump started out saying that since the money was already paid, the horse was out of the barn. As with everything, he continued to change without regard to particulates or reason. Strictly responding to ego. 

Do you think his base, the yahoo's that attend his rallies, have any clue about the nuts and bolts of the deal. Have any clue that the money was Iran's and how we got it?

Of course not. But Trump wants applause and hating the black man is a winner in his world. Obie did it, I hate it. Room erupts. Ego satiated. Strategy, safety, secondary. (in deed.)

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Not really. If you recall Trump started out saying that since the money was already paid, the horse was out of the barn. As with everything, he continued to change without regard to particulates or reason. Strictly responding to ego. 

Do you think his base, the yahoo's that attend his rallies, have any clue about the nuts and bolts of the deal. Have any clue that the money was Iran's and how we got it?

Of course not. But Trump wants applause and hating the black man is a winner in his world. Obie did it, I hate it. Room erupts. Ego satiated. Strategy, safety, secondary. (in deed.)

Trump had been vocal about hating/wanting out of the deal since it's inception.

Everything between the first time he expressed that, made the campaign promises and yesterday was just... Show. 

As per the norm, all the "best minds" couldn't turn him toward conventional thought, in spite of the show that everyone was watching. This chapter of the show ended in anti-climatic fashion imo. 

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Trump had been vocal about hating/wanting out of the deal since it's inception.

I tried to google to get you a link  it but there is so much about Iran on Google and all the new stuff comes up so I can't find a link. 

But I am not kidding, he first was resigned to work within the treaty because the money had already been paid. 

So yes, he was against it from the beginning, I am not disputing that. I am saying that pulling out was a second step in response to going loony right in response to his base who understand nothing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

What’s Behind the Financial Dispute Between the U.S. and Iran?

In November 1979, Iran’s revolutionary government took 52 Americans hostages at the U.S. embassy, and the U.S. severed diplomatic relations with Tehran. In retaliation, Washington froze $12 billion in Iranian assets held on our shores. The hostage crisis was resolved in 1981 at a conference in Algiers, and the U.S. returned $3 billion to Iran, with more funds going either to pay creditors, or into escrow. The two nations also established a tribunal in the Hague called the Iran United States Claims Tribunal to settle claims both leveled by each government against the other, U.S. citizens versus Iran, and vice versa.

The major issue between the two governments was a $400 million payment for military equipment made by the government of the Shah of Iran, prior to the 1979 uprising that topped him. The U.S. banned delivery of the jets and other weapons amid the hostage crisis, but froze the $400 million advance payment. “The Pentagon handled arms purchases from foreign countries,” says Gary Sick, a former National Security Council official who served as the principal White House aide for Iran during the Iranian Revolution and the hostage crisis. “Defense took care of the details. So the $400 million scheduled purchase was a government-to-government transaction. The U.S. government was holding the money. That’s why it was so difficult to resolve.”

I don’t care why it was justified, I only care about the fact we gave them a boat load of money to fund terror