Another Day at School in 21st Century America

DarterBlue

1 minute ago, concha said:

I'm thinking a bigger "no guns" sign and a sensitive liberal like yourself "using his or her words" would have done the trick.

What about all the good guys with guns in the state? Open carry? Armed school POLICE OFFICER (not resource officer) on the grounds.

See, they needed you @concha!

And maybe a sign too? 😎

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

What about all the good guys with guns in the state? Open carry? Armed school POLICE OFFICER (not resource officer) on the grounds.

See, they needed you @concha!

You mean the ones who would be prosecuted for having a legal gun anywhere near the school?

32712353_1400581176741723_24925319489420

9 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

The moral decline has manifested with the family breakdown, loss of God in people's lives, Liberalism, no personal accountability, mental health system does not exist and and mental drugs to treat people may have serious side effects...FAMILY.....

Just do the "moment of silence" thing and move on.....I mean...it's been slightly over 90 days since we did the last one.

Go Congress Go !!!!

Rufus>>

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

My question is why only in this country does it happen so much. Especially in the last couple years?

It's not just the last couple of years.

I'd point to a long trend involving a soup of the following:

• secularization and the degradation of moral values that accompanies it
  • the breakdown of the family unit
  • influence of mass media and social networking. interpersonal relationships are less important.
  • a steady diet of violence on our news, tv and video gaming making certain people de-sensitized
  • apparently potential issues with the drugs used to treat many mental health issues
  • at least in the Parkland case, if not others, failure of our law and mental health institutions
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, concha said:

• influence of mass media and social networking. interpersonal relationships are less important.
  • a steady diet of violence on our news, tv and video gaming making certain people de-sensitized
  • apparently potential issues with the drugs used o treat many mental health issues
  • at least in the Parkland case, if not others, failure of our law and mental health institutions

I have to disagree with this point. 

20 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

My question is why only in this country does it happen so much. Especially in the last couple years?

They need to start monitoring these types.  What are they being taught in Church to commit these kind of acts?   Monitor all Churches and deport these type of Terrorist.  Sound familiar :).   Funny they think this is how you stop the other Muslim Nutjobs from doing this type of B.S.  How about STOP AND FRISK their asses everywhere. :D

A BUNCH OF NUTJOBS FOR SURE.  Like every 90 days.

• Like 2

Just now, concha said:

This is America and you welcome to do so.

Well yea of course....but you do realize that if video games affected 1% of people that played them in the manner in which you are talking about you would be talking about hundreds of thousands of people shooting up schools which isnt the case

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well yea of course....but you do realize that if video games affected 1% of people that played them in the manner in which you are talking about you would be talking about hundreds of thousands of people shooting up schools which isnt the case

Young man,  I work with numbers all day.  I know exactly what I'm talking about: people on the fringes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, concha said:

• apparently potential issues with the drugs used to treat many mental health issues

Not arguing your reasons as I agree with some, but you can't deny the frequency in which they are happening now. 3 in 8 days.

• Thanks 1