World Cup contest anyone? Careful, spoiler alert for DVR'd games

golfaddict1

39 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

38B5DDE4-BC7E-4A5A-9547-32906D15DFAA.png

For the quarters I will take: France, Brazil, Croatia and Sweden. However, to be honest, aside from Croatia, I am not overwhelmingly confident in any of these selections. If Russia beats Croatia, I will shout to the mountaintops that this World Cup is rigged!

34 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

For the quarters I will take: France, Brazil, Croatia and Sweden. However, to be honest, aside from Croatia, I am not overwhelmingly confident in any of these selections. If Russia beats Croatia, I will shout to the mountaintops that this World Cup is rigged!

My man you never know.  I never thought Russia could beat Spain, but it happened.  I don't think the cups rigged, I think refs tend to pick a side and give them some breaks, but it's soccer.   If Russia gets like Red card penalty goals that's a different story.    (like Mexico Gold cup a bit back and Chile w/ Copa America) 

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'd be more surprised if Sweden beats England to be honest.  I thought the winner of England/Colombia would go to the semis.   I did think it'd be Colombia but hey...anything can happen. 

Aside from its loss to Germany, Sweden has played surprisingly well. Next to Croatia, it's my second surest prick in the quarters. And no, I would not really shout that the Cup was rigged if Russia got past Croatia. But that said, Croatia is a superior team, period. 

Set piece header goal for France in 1st half, set piece header brilliant save by France 1st half.  Griezmann assisted on the first goal and scored off a weak play by the Uruguayan goalkeeper for the 2 goal advantage and final score.  Cavani was surely missed.  

Brazil-Belgium in less than 2 hrs.  That’s a heavyweight matchup.  6 European countries and Brazil left.  There will be 3 European countries in the semis and possibly 4 if Belgium wins today.  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Set piece header goal for France in 1st half, set piece header brilliant save by France 1st half.  Griezmann assisted on the first goal and scored off a weak play by the Uruguayan goalkeeper for the 2 goal advantage and final score.  Cavani was surely missed.   

Brazil-Belgium in less than 2 hrs.  That’s a heavyweight matchup.  6 European countries and Brazil left.  There will be 3 European countries in the semis and possibly 4 if Belgium wins today.  

Didn't get to see it but saw the replay of the second goal...ouch!   So far Brazil is in some serious trouble.    Brazil has had some great chances and are dominating the midfield, but that counter.... you really do need some luck to win a world cup.   Shitty own goal.    The second goal was a beauty though. 

• Like 1

Brazil lost this after Mexico imo.

That and Lukaku.

The world got sick of Neymar's flopping antics...Ref was told not to call all those flops.  The one they should have called on Kompany they got away with.

Lesson for Brazil.

STOP THE DIVING!!!

So glad Belgium won.  Where my Waffles at?

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Ehh better team lost here.  They need to diversify the refs in these world cup games.   Basically all Europe.    Hazard's ability to gain possession after Brazilian attacks was a thing of beauty though.    

I kinda agree.  When Brazil stopped flopping and actually played they did damage.

(Course it helped Belgium was wearing down from all those beautiful counterattacks near the end).

1 minute ago, Frosty4024 said:

I kinda agree.  When Brazil stopped flopping and actually played they did damage.

(Course it helped Belgium was wearing down from all those beautiful counterattacks near the end).

Neymar had one obvious flop, but he had two others that arguably could have been penalties.   The other one with the hand in the face was weak, but it wasn't a flop (or a foul). 

Just now, 954gator said:

Neymar had one obvious flop, but he had two others that arguably could have been penalties.   The other one with the hand in the face was weak, but it wasn't a flop (or a foul). 

Only one??? Lol

The hand in the face one he clearly was trying to push the issue with the ref. 

Could it have been called?  Maybe...

Should it have been called?  No...Weak.

But the recent history came into play.

3 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Only one??? Lol

The hand in the face one he clearly was trying to push the issue with the ref. 

Could it have been called?  Maybe...

Should it have been called?  No...Weak.

But the recent history came into play.

The worst one was when he looked to get tripped.    The other two could have easily been called.   That last one was minimal contact I agree, but it was also the easiest chance at goal and momentum affected the outcome.    Still, a good no call.   

• Like 1