World Cup contest anyone? Careful, spoiler alert for DVR'd games

golfaddict1

5 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I agree. With the exception of three or four teams, there was surprising parity among at least 28 of the original participants. 

Yeah Japan and probably Russia are the only heavy underdogs.  I think Mexico is as well, but Mexico has played Brazil well in the past, but I just think this Brazil team is too strong.    Other than the first two I could see anything happening though. 

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah Japan and probably Russia are the only heavy underdogs.  I think Mexico is as well, but Mexico has played Brazil well in the past, but I just think this Brazil team is too strong.    Other than the first two I could see anything happening though. 

Don't sleep on Japon.  The could surprise.  Even tho I picked Belgium to win, I could also see Japon pulling this out.

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Not great, I agree, but very good and have the capability of pulling out an upset over Belgium.  Low odds, but the way this years World Cup has gone, anything could happen.

I think it's more of what I think of Belgium.    I just think they're good.   Lol if Mexico pulls out another amazing upset, that's who they'd get to face.    Mexico's path if they were to advance....holy shit man!

Just now, 954gator said:

I think it's more of what I think of Belgium.    I just think they're good.   Lol if Mexico pulls out another amazing upset, that's who they'd get to face.    Mexico's path if they were to advance....holy shit man!

I have faith in El Tri!!!  They had their trap game vs Sweden, so I think it was a great wakeup call.  Unless soccer is like football in where matchups can change things.  Maybe Sweden had the kryptonite to beat El Tri, or it was just the perfect matchup nightmare for Mexico.  We will see for sure come Monday.  Dude there are some sick ass games to look forward to in the next few days brother! 

21 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

They have got to come up with a better system.  Even though I heard this is the first time they have ever had to use it.

I really wish they could alter the red card rule.   Take out the player for the remaining half or make the team play 11v10 for a max 45 minutes plus the next game, but if you get a red in the first 10 minutes you're completely fuked.   90 minutes with 10 is basically a guaranteed loss.  

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

I really wish they could alter the red card rule.   Take out the player for the remaining half  (or make the team play 11v10 for a max 45 minutes plus the next game, but if you get a red in the first 10 minutes you're completely fuked.   90 minutes with 10 is basically a guaranteed loss.  

I hate the multiple yellow card suspension.  Mexico had a player that was give a yellow vs Sweden on a bullshit call and now he is not eligible to play vs Brasil.  It gives the refs way too much power in deciding an outcome.  There should be a rule where if the call is one that could potentially suspend a player, that it would have to be reviewed by FIFA or anybody besides the ref who called it.  Such bs and especially with all the corruption that goes on in the game.  

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I have faith in El Tri!!!  They had their trap game vs Sweden, so I think it was a great wakeup call.  Unless soccer is like football in where matchups can change things.  Maybe Sweden had the kryptonite to beat El Tri, or it was just the perfect matchup nightmare for Mexico.  We will see for sure come Monday.  Dude there are some sick ass games to look forward to in the next few days brother! 

Here are some crazy statistics for Brazil under Tite...

24 games

19 wins

4  draws

1 loss

52 goals scored  

6 goals against

18 clean sheets!  

Brazil.jpg

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I hate the multiple yellow card suspension.  Mexico had a player that was give a yellow vs Sweden on a bullshit call and now he is not eligible to play vs Brasil.  It gives the refs way too much power in deciding an outcome.  There should be a rule where if the call is one that could potentially suspend a player, that it would have to be reviewed by FIFA or anybody besides the ref who called it.  Such bs and especially with all the corruption that goes on in the game.  

Agreed, especially during knockout rounds.  Yellow cards are so random. 

• Like 1