TX 11 man private Top 5 (Dave Campbell)

Horsefly

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

I sure hope Carter puts a DL together. That poor run defense of last year will not cut it. Is Cedar Hill suppose to be really good this year? If so, how do you think they’ll stack up to their recent teams?

It's yalls year...minus any health issues.

I'm pretty sure the run D will be better after all the young ones got thrown into the fire last season.

Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Whats their skill level like?  Thy lost to a very slow, unathletic stephenville last year.  Not seeing it.

Argyle also went into that game with a backup QB.

The starter they lost (Torn ACL) had already thrown for 2000 yards and over 20 TDs in only 8 weeks of play last season.

These 2 play again 1st week I believe.  Lets see how these 2 start out.

(Sidenote:  I also don't see 2 blocked FGs (1 to tie the game at the end), muffed punts (I think one was blocked), nor a game-saving tackle which led to the 25-yard FG attempt happening again also.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Argyle also went into that game with a backup QB.

The starter they lost (Torn ACL) had already thrown for 2000 yards and over 20 TDs in only 8 weeks of play last season.

These 2 play again 1st week I believe.  Lets see how these 2 start out.

(Sidenote:  I also don't see 2 blocked FGs (1 to tie the game at the end), muffed punts (I think one was blocked), nor a game-saving tackle which led to the 25-yard FG attempt happening again also.)

@Frosty4024 and @Horsefly  Here is the preseason 4A polls.  Melissa is moving up to 4AD1 and come in number 10. I will assure you they will be a handful for #3 TAPPS T.C. Cedar Hill.   There is no way in Hell TAPPS want any part of these top teams.  Give me top 5 from each division vs. TAPPS top 10 and I would bet helluva funds on 4A.  6 Beast Texas out of the top 20.  

DC 4AII PRESeaSON RANKINGS:  * team moving down

1.  WOS 4on D 3on O coming back
2.  Cuero (deep team)
3.  Gilmer 
4.  Silsbee*
5.  Pleasant Grove
6.  Graham
7.  Wimberley
8.  Liberty Eylau*
9.  Lubbock Estacado*
10.  Sweeney

DC 4A DI Preseason Rankings * teams moving up

1.  Argyle 15 starters back had injuries last year
2.  Carthage called Preeminent Team in Tx By Dave Campbell's Magazine
3.  Stephenville RI to RII 15 starters
4.  Waco La Vega (new Coach) RII now fr RG4
5.  Liberty Hill
6.  Midlothian Heritage 11 starters back
7.  Kennedale
8.  Henderson
9.  W.F. Hirschi (foster RB) Best RB in Texas
10. Melissa 8 on Off &  6 on Def returns *

58 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Whats their skill level like?  Thy lost to a very slow, unathletic stephenville last year.  Not seeing it.

Sir they are considered the best team in all of 4A next year in the preseason.  

They open with #3 Stephenville @ home 08/31.  Then play #4 La Vega @ home 09/07 and then play 4A DII #8 Liberty Eylau @ Sulphur Springs on 9/28. 

We will know real soon what they are about. 

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir they are considered the best team in all of 4A next year in the preseason.  

Yep, that might be, but they lost to stephenville who was made to look like a JV vs kennedale and we all know what happened to kennedale vs Carthage.  There were some definite tiers in 4A last season with PG and Carthage at the top.  I,'m not so sure Carthage takes that much of a drop off, WOS either.

argule is going to have to get a lot faster to compete IMO, but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yep, that might be, but they lost to stephenville who was made to look like a JV vs kennedale and we all know what happened to kennedale vs Carthage.  There were some definite tiers in 4A last season with PG and Carthage at the top.  I,'m not so sure Carthage takes that much of a drop off, WOS either.

I heard that kid from Hirschi is a beast @ RB.  Now look at the Melissa Backfield.  People have no idea the talent at these 4A Schools now.  Anyone that watches these teams with no biases will see just what I see.   They are not little schools or the big Schools but pound for pound the most talent in Texas is in 4A lately.   Now 3A#1 Newton has 4A DII #1 WOS on the road and #3 Gilmer @ home.  4A will have some great games with the Privates and 3A Newton.  Who might be among the most stacked teams in Texas at any level. Newton is stacked and they scheduled to prove it.  They annihilated 3A last year.  

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I heard that kid from Hirschi is a beast @ RB.  Now look at the Melissa Backfield.  People have no idea the talent at these 4A Schools now.  Anyone that watches these teams with no biases will see just what I see.   They are not little schools or the big Schools but pound for pound the most talent in Texas is in 4A lately.   Now 3A#1 Newton has 4A DII #1 WOS on the road and #3 Gilmer @ home.  4A will have some great games with the Privates and 3A Newton.  Who might be among the most stacked teams in Texas at any level. Newton is stacked. 

Hirschi will be talented, he's a good kid too, very humble.  

I wanna catch that argyle/la Vegas game too.  Im ready to hit the road DD, hope you ready.

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Frosty4024 and @Horsefly  Here is the preseason 4A polls.  Melissa is moving up to 4AD1 and come in number 10. I will assure you they will be a handful for #3 TAPPS T.C. Cedar Hill.   There is no way in Hell TAPPS want any part of these top teams.  Give me top 5 from each division vs. TAPPS top 10 and I would bet helluva funds on 4A.  6 Beast Texas out of the top 20.  

DC 4AII PRESeaSON RANKINGS:  * team moving down

1.  WOS 4on D 3on O coming back
2.  Cuero (deep team)
3.  Gilmer 
4.  Silsbee*
5.  Pleasant Grove
6.  Graham
7.  Wimberley
8.  Liberty Eylau*
9.  Lubbock Estacado*
10.  Sweeney

DC 4A DI Preseason Rankings * teams moving up

1.  Argyle 15 starters back had injuries last year
2.  Carthage called Preeminent Team in Tx By Dave Campbell's Magazine
3.  Stephenville RI to RII 15 starters
4.  Waco La Vega (new Coach) RII now fr RG4
5.  Liberty Hill
6.  Midlothian Heritage 11 starters back
7.  Kennedale
8.  Henderson
9.  W.F. Hirschi (foster RB) Best RB in Texas
10. Melissa 8 on Off &  6 on Def returns *

Why do you have teams asterisked as moving up or down, is that your analysis or DCTFs?

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I wanna catch that argyle/la Vegas game.  Im ready to hit the road DD, hope you ready.

Yes sir. We got some mileage and games to watch this year.  We will have our Texas overload.  I am not dismissing Privates you know that.  I just think it's disingenuous when someone out of State that don't watch half the games here that I do. From 3A to 6A I watch the powers.  I don't base it off of the AAAA's or some OOS website.   People forget most of these 4A Powers are in big Suburb's or out in Beast Texas where the history is Football.  Not some run of the mill schools.  If they don't believe it tell them to look up the schools and facilities.   The Privates are about to expose OOS teams as myths.  That is the only reason they are getting smoke.  Everyone here in Texas know those teams would get worked.  I hope Dunne is the Break thru.  But Prestonwood is the more likely power to break loose.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Why do you have teams asterisked as moving up or down, is that your analysis or DCTFs?

That is DCTFs.  The team with an * was either in DI or DII the previous year.  Melissa is the only top 10 team that went from DII to DI this year.  Silsbee, L.E. and Estacado dropped to DII this year. 

Melissa is now with Carthage in DI no longer in DII with Gilmer and WOS.   The Coach from La Vega retired. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I wanna catch that argyle/la Vegas game.  Im ready to hit the road DD, hope you ready.

Sir there are so many big time matchup's early this pre-season.  This is gonna be the 1st year that I don't wing it each weekend but actually put an itinerary together and adjust when needed.  I am so intrigued with Newton vs. the 4A BlueBloods. 

From the Beaumont Enterprise on Newton:

a group of players who have high-level Division I offers and several others who aren't far off.

Despite Newton's remote East Texas location and a high school enrollment of 296, its talent pool rivals any in the state.

"We're known at Newton for winning," said junior running back Darwin Barlow. "Now, we're becoming known for talent."

56 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir there are so many big time matchup's early this pre-season.  This is gonna be the 1st year that I don't wing it each weekend but actually put an itinerary together and adjust when needed.  I am so intrigued with Newton vs. the 4A BlueBloods. 

From the Beaumont Enterprise on Newton:

a group of players who have high-level Division I offers and several others who aren't far off.

Despite Newton's remote East Texas location and a high school enrollment of 296, its talent pool rivals any in the state.

"We're known at Newton for winning," said junior running back Darwin Barlow. "Now, we're becoming known for talent."

Yep, lots of good ones this season.  Long held myths will be built or destroyed this year.

I hope this newton/WOS game lives up to expectations.  a few years back top tiered Daingerfield was lile this newton team, talent every where and they were worked over by Gilmer for their only season loss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

That is DCTFs.  The team with an * was either in DI or DII the previous year.  Melissa is the only top 10 team that went from DII to DI this year.  Silsbee, L.E. and Estacado dropped to DII this year. 

Melissa is now with Carthage in DI no longer in DII with Gilmer and WOS.   The Coach from La Vega retired. 

Gonna miss Coach Willie Williams as well as his rival Mark Bell of China Springs (Although Bell will stay on as AD and let his fam take over).

20 minutes ago, State Champ said:

Westlake vs Lake Travis 10/12/18 at WL again, we will see how it turns out.

They will not match up well.  WL will have a decent passing and run game and strong D. I only saw one playmaker last year and that was Watson. They won’t even be as strong offensively as they were with ehlinger and Watson in the backfield and they duo was run off the field.  I’ll take LT 38-10

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yep, lots of good ones this season.  Long held myths will be built or destroyed this year.

I hope this newton/WOS game lives up to expectations.  a few years back top tiered Daingerfield was lile this newton team, talent every where and they were worked over by Gilmer for their only season loss.

I remember.  I went to the Argyle vs. GIlmer playoff game a few years ago 2013 @ Kincade.   I talked to a lot of them and Gilmer flat out despises D.F. and tried to run the score up on them every game.  I mean they hate them.  I see this Newton team different than those D.F. teams who had 2 or 3 special guys.  Newton has like 8.  I was shocked WOS is number 1 entering the season with their turnover.  WOS, Gilmer, La Vega and Carthage along with Argyle are not going anywhere anytime soon. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You should join DD and I on these games Frosty.  

You beat me to it.  Frosty knows Texas and La would be pretty cool to have him come and watch some games with u.  @Frosty4024 tell me something about Amite in La.  There is a reason I asked.  I will reveal after you fill me in on them sir.  I enjoy the fact that he knows the small guys as well as the big guys.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They will not match up well.  WL will have a decent passing and run game and strong D. I only saw one playmaker last year and that was Watson. They won’t even be as strong offensively as they were with ehlinger and Watson in the backfield and they duo was run off the field.  I’ll take LT 38-10

You sold me on LT last year.  They got my respect wounded but giving Allen hell in the State Championship game.  Never will doubt that group again.  

• Like 1

John Tyler dropped to 5A but they have a hellacious 4 game stretch before 5A District starts.  That's a tough preseason. And all away from home except the crosstown battle with Lee (Shared Stadium). 

8/31 7:30p @ Cedar Hill (Cedar Hill, TX)

9/8 7:00p @ Lee (Tyler, TX) (Rivalry)

9/14 7:30p @ Longview  

9/21 7:00p @ Trinity (Euless, TX)