TX 11 man private Top 5 (Dave Campbell)

Horsefly

15 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This sums up national player rankings .

they are bogus just like the team rankings

Player rankings arent going to be 100% perfect.

Ed Reed was a HS senior in 1996... That was 22 years ago, rankings are much better than they were. Theres many, many more people covering recruiting nowadays.

Ed Reed is an awful example for that very reason.

28 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ed Reed was a HS senior in 1996... That was 22 years ago, rankings are much better than they were. Theres many, many more people covering recruiting nowadays.

Wonder what the ranking service was in 1996

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

All national rankings are bogus for HS sports

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah you would have to add Florida, Georgia and Alabama to equal Texas. 

That would be the same amount of high schools too. 

Yeah Ive travelled I-20 from the Louisiana/East Texas border all the way to I-10 through El Paso ... 

I drove from Atlanta GA to Phoenix AZ non-stop... The drive through Texas felt like half the trip. When you're on I20 in the middle of nowhere, the speed limit gets up to 85 MPH daytime/80 night time (which Ive never seen in my life). The longest flat road Ive ever seen also.

50 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah Ive travelled I-20 from the Louisiana/East Texas border all the way to I-10 through El Paso ... 

I drove from Atlanta GA to Phoenix AZ non-stop... The drive through Texas felt like half the trip. When you're on I20 in the middle of nowhere, the speed limit gets up to 85 MPH daytime/80 night time (which Ive never seen in my life). The longest flat road Ive ever seen also.

It's that high for a reason....

O...M...G...

I will never forget those long-ass rides to Levelland.

• Haha 1

Texas is definitely different with their split speed limits for day and night and sometimes different limits for trucks. Farm roads separate from the regular road and legal to pass using the grass shoulder/ditch. I was tripping the first time a 4 wheel drive box chevy with big cb antenna with a tennis ball on it passed me doing about 60 down halfway in the ditch. xD

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Texas is definitely different with their split speed limits for day and night and sometimes different limits for trucks. Farm roads separate from the regular road and legal to pass using the grass shoulder/ditch. I was tripping the first time a 4 wheel drive box chevy with big cb antenna with a tennis ball on it passed me doing about 60 down halfway in the ditch. xD

Ya do what ya gotta do...

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2018 at 11:42 AM, Texasball said:

Texas 6A/5A by themselves produced more than every single state not named Florida

HS only recruits not including Juco or prep kids

Florida 348

Texas 6A/5A  296  - overall 360

California 237

Georgia 216

I wonder what these numbers would look like if TX and CA only had 5 or 6 D1 football teams.

I'd wager that CA would no longer be #3 considering they only produce 21 more than the Peach State with 11 D1 schools currently. And FL would be #1 by a good margin.