TX 11 man private Top 5 (Dave Campbell)

Horsefly

On 6/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, Horsefly said:

Not in the skill slots they're not, but it's not as far off as you may think. ( they do have a 3* RB committed to Baylor and sanders son is the #1 rated dual threat QB inTX for 2021) but I don't know all they have on the OL/DL.  

Dunne is very talented every place but the OL/DL. If dunne can pull that group together they can challenge for a title.

They have plenty of beef.  On the hoof this team looks the part.

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Might be the perfect time as desoto is on the decline

How many years do you think it will be before Texas fields one of those super Privates and do you think if Dunne Beats Desoto will 6A continue to play them?  I am excited to see this game.  You know I don't think the distance at 6A from the Top 4A -5A schools is as great as most others.  These Big Privates have a recent history with these top 4A and they actually beat the 5A Champ.  Yet I keep hearing how Carthage couldn't. Carthage would have destroyed Dunne and every Private last year IMHO.  Dunne vs. Desoto is a great Barometer of what lies ahead.  These Privates have not been embarrassed out of State either in the games they have played

Another Private vs. Public will be Trinity Christian vs. 4A Melissa (9/21).  Melissa could have the best Backfield in the DFW this year regardless of class.  These privates are playing good teams.   Melissa will be a top 5 4A school vs. Tapps pre-Season #3.   I will not miss this one just up the road in Melissa.  

Brandon Lewis Melissa QB will remind you of a bigger version of Kyler Murray.  Big arm with a lot of offers.

http://www.hudl.com/v/282V62

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Might be the perfect time as desoto is on the decline

Desoto even on the decline should have "enough" to destroy Dunne up front in the trenches...

From what I saw last season they better scrap the entire O-Line (Scheme and all) and start over to have a chance against the average 6A folks...

That or the coaches learned some harsh lessons from last season and adjust accordingly...

But if there's ever a time....Ya right...

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

How many years do you think it will be before Texas fields one of those super Privates and do you think if Dunne Beats Desoto will 6A continue to play them?  I am excited to see this game.  You know I don't think the distance at 6A from the Top 4A -5A schools is as great as most others.  These Big Privates have a recent history with these top 4A and they actually beat the 5A Champ.  Yet I keep hearing how Carthage couldn't. Carthage would have destroyed Dunne and every Private last year IMHO.  Dunne vs. Desoto is a great Barometer of what lies ahead.  These Privates have not been embarrassed out of State either in the games they have played

The next 5 yrs, privates will field a superpower, but I think it will come from a school like prestonwood, ft worth all saints, etc. I just read where Aledo lost one of their top underclass WR to all saints.  Allen lost 2 top underclass OL prospects to privates.  So the transfer game has started for them.  

I’m excited to see dunne as well, to see if they are maturing as a program.  If they somehow beat desoto, it’s a wrap on 6A scheduling them again. 

6 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Desoto even on the decline should have "enough" to destroy Dunne up front in the trenches...

From what I saw last season they better scrap the entire O-Line (Scheme and all) and start over to have a chance against the average 6A folks...

That or the coaches learned some harsh lessons from last season and adjust accordingly...

But if there's ever a time....Ya right...

I think dunne loses for the same reason, but like you said, I want to see if they mature as a program and learn some lessons. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The next 5 yrs, privates will field a superpower, but I think it will come from a school like prestonwood, ft worth all saints, etc. I just read where Aledo lost one of their top underclass WR to all saints.  Allen lost 2 top underclass OL prospects to privates.  So the transfer game has started for them.  

I’m excited to see dunne as well, to see if they are maturing as a program.  If they somehow beat desoto, it’s a wrap on 6A scheduling them again. 

If I was 6A school I would WANT to schedule these schools...

Just to test the team....It's not like they'll see each other in their respective playoff classes...Losing won't hurt their seeding...

So why not?

But that's just me...

10 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

If I was 6A school I would WANT to schedule these schools...

Just to test the team....It's not like they'll see each other in their respective playoff classes...Losing won't hurt their seeding...

So why not?

But that's just me...

Losing kids to these schools is at risk.  If TAPPS starts proving that the competition gap is not great bw 6A and private, kids may transfer out as the academics are generally better, but then football is equal at the top and college recruiting is solid. Can’t lose...

Case in point: St pius just picked up another OL from Conroe HS, 6’8 325 SR.  Their offense is stacked! They got several quality transfers this offseason helped by them beating the 5A champ last year. 

26 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Losing kids to these schools is at risk.  If TAPPS starts proving that the competition gap is not great bw 6A and private, kids may transfer out as the academics are generally better, but then football is equal at the top and college recruiting is solid. Can’t lose...

Case in point: St pius just picked up another OL from Conroe HS, 6’8 325 SR.  Their offense is stacked! They got several quality transfers this offseason helped by them beating the 5A champ last year. 

I see ya point...

Can also work the other way tho.

25 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I see ya point...

Can also work the other way tho.

It can, but I’m banking they make these games closer than many think.  Dunne, who is not preseason ranked in the top 5, keeping it close with desoto is a good look. 

At worse, I can see dunne losing talent to other privates like prestonwood, Lynch, or all saints.  Three better programs than dunne 

lynch has a good set of games too with John Curtis and Melissa 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

It can, but I’m banking they make these games closer than many think.  Dunne, who is not preseason ranked in the top 5, keeping it close with desoto is a good look. 

At worse, I can see dunne losing talent to other privates like prestonwood, Lynch, or all saints.  Three better programs than dunne 

lynch has a good set of games too with John Curtis and Melissa 

Melissa is nice small school.  After playing Curtis they will seem like JV team to Lynch.

22 hours ago, Texasball said:

Melissa is nice small school.  After playing Curtis they will seem like JV team to Lynch.

Melissa is playing TC Cedar Hill this year.  T.C will play Bishop Lynch and  also play All Saints.   Melissa will be a top 4A and these Privates don't smoke top 4A Schools.  We will have a good idea about these top Privates since they play top 4A team, Desoto, Curtis and others.  

Lynch does not play Melissa but they play John Curtis the week after they play T.C. 

Melissa will beat top 3 TAPPS Trinity Christian who is ranked higher than Bishop Lynch and All Saints.  That backfield in Melissa gonna be tough to stop.  That QB might be the best in DFW.  They also get Liberty Christian again.  

Last year L.C.  a good TAPPS opened the season against 3 top 4A programs and then played the TAPPS Powerhouses.

They beat Melissa 21 -14  and Beat Celina 10-9 and Got smoked by Gilmer 60 -7.  Their worst loss and they beat and lost to Dunne as well. The top TAPPS are not better than the top 4A IMHO.  Carthage and PG would have smoked TAPPS last year. 

With that said it is time to get out and watch some TAPPS.  @Texasball and @Horsefly.  What do you guys think about going to the BOB this year to watch Aledo and our TAPPS?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Melissa is playing TC Cedar Hill this year.  T.C will play Bishop Lynch and  also play All Saints.   Melissa will be a top 4A and these Privates don't smoke top 4A Schools.  We will have a good idea about these top Privates since they play top 4A team, Desoto, Curtis and others.  

Lynch does not play Melissa but they play John Curtis the week after they play T.C. 

Melissa will beat top 3 TAPPS Trinity Christian who is ranked higher than Bishop Lynch and All Saints.  That backfield in Melissa gonna be tough to stop.  That QB might be the best in DFW.  They also get Liberty Christian again.  

Last year L.C.  a good TAPPS opened the season against 3 top 4A programs and then played the TAPPS Powerhouses.

They beat Melissa 21 -14  and Beat Celina 10-9 and Got smoked by Gilmer 60 -7.  Their worst loss and they beat and lost to Dunne as well. The top TAPPS are not better than the top 4A IMHO.  Carthage and PG would have smoked TAPPS last year. 

With that said it is time to get out and watch some TAPPS.  @Texasball and @Horsefly.  What do you guys think about going to the BOB this year to watch Aledo and our TAPPS?

I'm up for it, I do want to see more TAPPS this season.

Just now, Horsefly said:

I'm up for it, I do want to see more TAPPS this season.

Me too.  Celina plays Nolan Catholic who was a beast in TAPPS 2004 - 2013 and fell off some and they play L.C.  I don't underestimate teams because of how many A's the have after a number.  I believe Newton would beat these teams including the top 4A ones 🤘 next year.  Not to get off the Privates. But Newton Scheduled WOS and Gilmer Back to back next year.  That 3A group stepping up.  Gilmer travels down South to play them and they go to WOS. 

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

St Pius X might be the best team in Houston this year. 

Katy needs to stop ducking them.hehe

St Pius actually refuses to play them. Last year Katy had an opening and wanted to find a replacement game due to the cancellations from the Hurricane and St Pius had the same date open. St Pius was looking High and low for a game willing to put up $10,000 to bring a team in. But they absolutely refused to play Katy. They wouldn't even host them. I think they didn't want the ass stomping potentially hurting recruits to come there 

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The Privates are getting better & better... Each year they gain a little more experience.

You wont be saying "they dont smoke top 4A teams" much longer.

Im pretty interested in that Prestonwood Christian vs Greater Atl. Christian GA game... IMO, Prestonwood will win a close one. Georgia has VERY few good Private schools... GAC is one of the better ones. But none of the Privates can play at the 7A level.

Blessed Trinity, GAC, Marist, ELCA, Benedictine, etc... Are as good as Private ball gets in GA. BT is the best atm.

56 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Calpreps sneak peak has Prestonwood ranked 28th in Texas and GAC ranked 18th in Georgia. 

Sounds like advantage GA unless they don't go as deep as TX 🤔

We shall see young buck.

You NEVER know what early season OOS game results really mean til the end of the year. 

47 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

We shall see young buck.

You NEVER know what early season OOS game results really mean til the end of the year. 

The privates in Texas are kinda like the ones in Ga. few and far between. Can field quality teams and compete. That would be awesome to see. A bunch of privates from each state go at it