TX 11 man private Top 5 (Dave Campbell)

Horsefly

DCTF did a podcast and released the top 5 in private school, combining all leagues and classification.  Not a lot of detail revealed but some are playing OOS

1. Prestonwood - return 14 starters to include 4* TE Austin Stogner.  Key OOS game: Greater Atlanta Christian, GA. 

2. St Pius - explosive offense led by 4* QB Grant Gunnel

3. TC Cedar Hill - reigning state champs led by 4* SS Lewis Cine who transferred from Mass.  good talent on this team. Deion sanders sons start at QB and WR/CB.  Both blue chippers.

4. Bishop lynch - return a lot to include 7 on defense led by a pair of 3* LBs (Murphy twins) 6’2 215.  Key OOS game: John Curtis, LA. 

5. Ft worth all saints - no info provided other than return a big OL and a workhorse RB. 

Just now, RedZone said:

Bishop Dunne plays all those teams except TC-Cedar Hill.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bishop-dunne-falcons-(dallas,tx)/football/schedule.htm

Not really impressed with TC-Cedar Hill honestly....they were blown up by 3A Brock last year and played a tremendously weak schedule last year. Not a real deep team. 

Cedar hill is only div 3, so they are very small.

I think they are banking on their transfers to propel them in the overall  rankings They've gotten several transfers to include the 4**** Cine kid and Deion's older son (3***)  that transferred from Sachse.  

Improved their schedule from last year, they play lynch and all saints and also 4A powerhouse Melissa.

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm working on a Bishop Dunne/Escambia FL game for next season as we type. Also, a TX vs the USA all-Catholic program doubleheader in 2019. 

Dunne is going to have to improve in the trenches, not a lot of talent there, but who knows who they will attract in the offseason.

allen lost a pair of talented underclass OL to John Paul.  May want to start keeping an eye on them.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I think they are banking on their transfers to propel them in the overall  rankings They've gotten several transfers to include the 4**** Cine kid and Deion's older son (3***)  that transferred from Sachse.  

That's all they have.

This team is NOT better than Bishop Dunne.

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's all they have.

This team is NOT better than Bishop Dunne.

Not in the skill slots they're not, but it's not as far off as you may think. ( they do have a 3* RB committed to Baylor and sanders son is the #1 rated dual threat QB inTX for 2021) but I don't know all they have on the OL/DL.  

Dunne is very talented every place but the OL/DL. If dunne can pull that group together they can challenge for a title.

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not in the skill slots they're not, but it's not as far off as you may think. ( they do have a 3* RB committed to Baylor and sanders son is the #1 rated dual threat QB inTX for 2021) but I don't know all they have on the OL/DL.  

Dunne is very talented every place but the OL/DL. If dunne can pull that group together they can challenge for a title.

Highlights of Brock and TC-Cedar Hill.

TC better work on that punting game a little this year. Funny about 20 seconds in. 

Hig

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Highlights of Brock and TC-Cedar Hill.

TC better work on that punting game a little this year. Funny about 20 seconds in. 

Hig

Yep, that was last year.  You do know dunne got worked by lynch last season early too right?

one reason they may be high on cedar hill is although they lost big early in the year to Brock, Brock had an early season loss too, to midland Christian 26-9 a team cedar hill destroyed in the playoffs.  So there was somewhat of a redemption in their season last year.

New year, new players, will have to see what they put on the field.

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You do know dunne got worked by lynch last season?

I do. Not sure what happened in that game, but Dunne battled Brentwood Academy, TN and beat 6A Fayetteville, AR.

Dunne is clearly closer than TC-Cedar Hill in putting it all together.

We'll see.

On 6/15/2018 at 2:55 PM, RedZone said:

Bishop Dunne plays all those teams except TC-Cedar Hill.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bishop-dunne-falcons-(dallas,tx)/football/schedule.htm

Not really impressed with TC-Cedar Hill honestly....they were blown up by 3A Brock last year and played a tremendously weak schedule last year. Not a real deep team. 

I was at the Brock game and according to my source TC- had some issues including missing the best RB in that game.

Bottom line Brock wore that ass out.  TC was out coached and out played that night.  Losing 57-21.  It was 36-0 with 11 min to go in 2nd Qrt.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 3:40 PM, RedZone said:

I do. Not sure what happened in that game, but Dunne battled Brentwood Academy, TN and beat 6A Fayetteville, AR.

We'll see.

I would take Dunne over TC-Cedar Hill right now.

You got to hand it too Brock - They will schedule up.  Keep in mind Brock only has 384 kids in the entire HS as of last season. probably around 400 this year.

This year they are playing 

Brownwood 916 enrollment  2-classes above Brock

Iowa Park - Who is class 4A Div 2 - Brock is Class 3A - D1

Liberty Christian - who went 1-1 vs Dunne 

On 6/15/2018 at 3:40 PM, RedZone said:

We'll see.

Dunne could have won this game losing 21-14.  The big difference was Penalties 12-4 and it was Brentwood Academy's 4th game and it was Dunne's 1st game.  

Brentwood may have been the most overrated team in the country last year.

How do you Texas guys see Prestonwood Christian vs Greater Atl. Christian going?

GAC was a 3A Semifinalist, losing to 3A Runner Up Peach Co. 28-23...their only other loss was to Valor Christian CO 28-22 last year. 

In 2016, they lost to Cedar Grove 30-19 in the 3A Finals. They lost to Valor Christian CO 21-17 that season also.

In '15 they were semifinalists, in '14 they lost in the Finals again...

They are pretty much top 3 in 3A every season.

Just now, Texasball said:

Dunne could have won this game losing 21-14.  The big difference was Penalties 12-4 and it was Brentwood Academy's 4th game and it was Dunne's 1st game.  

ALL these teams talked about on here are overrated and over-hyped.

Every one of them.

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Dunne was a perplexing team --- very up and down. I watched that game, Brentwood looked like the better team but not by much. I will say this, Dunne was a bad matchup for Brentwood. Brentwood couldve beat a better team then Dunne by more than they actually did Dunne..... Bc of the matchup.

Interested to see the Texas & Georgia privates go at it.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

How do you Texas guys see Prestonwood Christian vs Greater Atl. Christian going?

GAC was a 3A Semifinalist, losing to 3A Runner Up Peach Co. 28-23...their only other loss was to Valor Christian CO 28-22 last year. 

In 2016, they lost to Cedar Grove 30-19 in the 3A Finals. They lost to Valor Christian CO 21-17 that season also.

My bet is it will likely be good game. 

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

These type of games are toss ups with me.  I have no idea how good prestonwood will be.  They do have some talent though. 

15 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

GAC has 2 5*s.... Brothers I think. But not much else next season, in the way of FBS recruits atleast... They usually have 3-4 each year.

5* SDE Chris Hinton - #2 SDE, #22 2019 Overall Recruit...  https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Hinton-89558

5* OT Myles Hinton - #1 OT , #6 2020 Overall Recruit... https://247sports.com/Player/Myles-Hinton-46035273

3* TE Jeff Blake - Vanderbilt commit, c/o 2019

They have a 2020 ILB with 4 FBS offers also...

Hopefully this game is viewable somewhere

31 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Zero championships in small ball. GAC is always a title fraud. Going to win a lot of games in 3A but can’t get over that hump.  I’m just glad they’re playing a smaller private school now. They competed very well with Valor Christian but they were just a few players away each year 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Dunne was a perplexing team --- very up and down. I watched that game, Brentwood looked like the better team but not by much. I will say this, Dunne was a bad matchup for Brentwood. Brentwood couldve beat a better team then Dunne by more than they actually did Dunne..... Bc of the matchup.

Exactly! So many people rate a team based on JUST ONE matchup. You simply cannot do that in today’s game. 

• Like 1