TX 11 man private Top 5 (Dave Campbell)

Horsefly

Heres some highlights of GAC in the 3A Semifinals last season, theyd lose to Peach Co. 28-23. 

Peach Co. would go on the next week to lose a controversial State Title game, 10-6, to Calhoun. This game became a huge ordeal as a ref blew a call that wouldve either given Peach Co. a TD and put them ahead 12-10 with under 2 minutes to go, or put Peach inside the Calhoun 1 yard line 1st & goal with under 2 minutes to go... The ref called the play an incompletion...

Peach played 5A State Runner Up (14-1) Warner Robins, losing by just 3 points 38-35. So these 3A teams were pretty strong... They just arent upper echelon teams. 

GAC returns 5 of 11 on offense, including their QB Josh Rose (Sr.) , WR Jake Floyd (Sr.) , 3* TE Jeffery Blake (Sr.) , 5* OL Myles Hinton (Jr.) , 5* OL Chris Hinton (Sr.)

On defense , GAC only brings back 3 of 11 starters ... All 3 on the DL ... So they lose all of their back 7 ... 4* CB Kyler McMichael (Clemson Signee) is a big loss in the defensive backfield, he was also the teams RB, .. 3* ATH Trey Morrison (North Carolina signee) was a stud at DB also... Not sure how good their D will be.

51 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Bishop Dunne rolling in the big 7/7 TX event. Currently 4-0 and face 6A Mesquite Horn in the Semifinals of State Qualifier.

The teams in Dunne's qualifier. I'm not sure how this all set up, but Dunne went undefeated and will advance to the state 7/7 in College Station.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2018/06/20/rowlett-state-qualifying-tournament-pools?ref=related_title

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The teams in Dunne's qualifier. I'm not sure how this all set up, but Dunne went undefeated and will advance to the state 7/7 in College Station.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2018/06/20/rowlett-state-qualifying-tournament-pools?ref=related_title

Thx for posting.  Dunne's skill guys are as good as any in texas.

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Melissa is playing TC Cedar Hill this year.  T.C will play Bishop Lynch and  also play All Saints.   Melissa will be a top 4A and these Privates don't smoke top 4A Schools.  We will have a good idea about these top Privates since they play top 4A team, Desoto, Curtis and others.  

Lynch does not play Melissa but they play John Curtis the week after they play T.C. 

Melissa will beat top 3 TAPPS Trinity Christian who is ranked higher than Bishop Lynch and All Saints.  That backfield in Melissa gonna be tough to stop.  That QB might be the best in DFW.  They also get Liberty Christian again.  

Last year L.C.  a good TAPPS opened the season against 3 top 4A programs and then played the TAPPS Powerhouses.

They beat Melissa 21 -14  and Beat Celina 10-9 and Got smoked by Gilmer 60 -7.  Their worst loss and they beat and lost to Dunne as well. The top TAPPS are not better than the top 4A IMHO.  Carthage and PG would have smoked TAPPS last year. 

With that said it is time to get out and watch some TAPPS.  @Texasball and @Horsefly.  What do you guys think about going to the BOB this year to watch Aledo and our TAPPS?

If all possible I plan on it...

This I said another reason why TC cedar hill may becrank dfas high as they are.

@EJHolland247

·

13h

Five-star 2020 DB Dwight McGlothern (@DMcglothern2) is coming to my backyard. Will be at Trinity Christian Cedar Hill this season.

-----------------------

privates putting in work getting transfers, so far I have these:

TC cedar hill: 4**** (S) and 5***** (CB) top TX DT/OG c/o 2021 (6'5 270) all 3 transfers are from well outside the DFW area

dunne: 2 X  4**** (TE/RB)

all saints:  3 *** WR

prestonwood: 3 *** QB

ST pius: 3 *** WR, D1 prospect OL (6'7 325)

On 6/22/2018 at 10:02 AM, ECHS05 said:

The Privates are getting better & better... Each year they gain a little more experience.

You wont be saying "they dont smoke top 4A teams" much longer.

Im pretty interested in that Prestonwood Christian vs Greater Atl. Christian GA game... IMO, Prestonwood will win a close one. Georgia has VERY few good Private schools... GAC is one of the better ones. But none of the Privates can play at the 7A level.

Blessed Trinity, GAC, Marist, ELCA, Benedictine, etc... Are as good as Private ball gets in GA. BT is the best atm.

They will not be smoking top 4A any time soon.  Clearly like most others you don't know how talented the top 4A teams are here and you don't go see them play.  They are not going to get leaps and bounds better.  TAPPS is proving how overrated OOS powerhouses are.  Carthage Gilmer, WOS, Celina and a few others I will assure you THE Top TAPPS would have their hands full now and in the future.  Those 4A teams are getting better as well.  You guys are promoting thdm because they are getting ready to beat teams or play teams from your State.  

Nothing at Dunne thats not at big time 4A Schools.  What have they done.  Hell 3A powerhouse Brock smoked a TAPPS 🏆 

Stop pumping up these privates.  It will be years b4 one of them run Texas.  

On 6/15/2018 at 2:38 PM, Horsefly said:

DCTF did a podcast and released the top 5 in private school, combining all leagues and classification.  Not a lot of detail revealed but some are playing OOS

1. Prestonwood - return 14 starters to include 4* TE Austin Stogner.  Key OOS game: Greater Atlanta Christian, GA. 

2. St Pius - explosive offense led by 4* QB Grant Gunnel

3. TC Cedar Hill - reigning state champs led by 4* SS Lewis Cine who transferred from Mass.  good talent on this team. Deion sanders sons start at QB and WR/CB.  Both blue chippers.

4. Bishop lynch - return a lot to include 7 on defense led by a pair of 3* LBs (Murphy twins) 6’2 215.  Key OOS game: John Curtis, LA. 

5. Ft worth all saints - no info provided other than return a big OL and a workhorse RB. 

OT for this thread, but how do you see an Allen vs LT game going in 2018? I heard that was DCTF’s pick for the 2018 D1 title, with Allen winning. 

10 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

OT for this thread, but how do you see an Allen vs LT game going in 2018? I heard that was DCTF’s pick for the 2018 D1 title, with Allen winning. 

I think LT wins comfortably (regardless of who they play in the finals) if they stay healthy and progress as they typically do.  They simply have better overall coaching.  I'm necessarily sold on Allen making it to the finals either.

LT has very strong classes coming up, those along with Wilson, peterman and hunter in the '19 are as talented as it gets in TX.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I think LT wins comfortably (regardless of who they play in the finals) if they stay healthy and progress as they typically do.  They simply have better overall coaching.  I'm necessarily sold on Allen making it to the finals either.

I sure hope Carter puts a DL together. That poor run defense of last year will not cut it. Is Cedar Hill suppose to be really good this year? If so, how do you think they’ll stack up to their recent teams?

48 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They will not be smoking top 4A any time soon.  Clearly like most others you don't know how talented the top 4A teams are here and you don't go see them play.  They are not going to get leaps and bounds better.  TAPPS is proving how overrated OOS powerhouses are.  Carthage Gilmer, WOS, Celina and a few others I will assure you THE Top TAPPS would have their hands full now and in the future.  Those 4A teams are getting better as well.  You guys are promoting thdm because they are getting ready to beat teams or play teams from your State.  

Nothing at Dunne thats not at big time 4A Schools.  What have they done.  Hell 3A powerhouse Brock smoked a TAPPS 🏆 

Stop pumping up these privates.  It will be years b4 one of them run Texas.  

St. Pius X 58, (5A-D1 State Champ) College Station 41 ... 6A Westlake was College Stations only other loss, 35-28 ...

Brock beat a TC team that didnt play any of the better TAPPS teams ...

Brock is really the only public team I see that straight up beat one if the better TAPPS teams...

Its not going to go the way you think it is! They may need 1, 2 , maybe 3 more years... But the way its going the Privates will be up there with the best 6A teams soon.

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I sure hope Carter puts a DL together. That poor run defense of last year will not cut it. Is Cedar Hill suppose to be really good this year? If so, how do you think they’ll stack up to their recent teams?

LT DL (front 7) will be stout, with wenson, spille and Erwin along with those LBs.

i heard cedar hill will field a strong defense.  Their defense was pretty good last year, expected to be much better.  Not sure about the offense though. I'd have them as a playoff team to go a few rounds.

14 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

St. Pius X 58, (5A-D1 State Champ) College Station 41 ... 6A Westlake was College Stations only other loss, 35-28 ...

Brock beat a TC team that didnt play any of the better TAPPS teams ...

Brock is really the only public team I see that straight up beat one if the better TAPPS teams...

Its not going to go the way you think it is! They may need 1, 2 , maybe 3 more years... But the way its going the Privates will be up there with the best 6A teams soon.

If you think either St. Pius X or College Station would have beat Carthage or PG from 4A.  You don't know much about Texas Football.  I never said they don't have talent.  What TAPPS team is more talented than 4A Melissa in the backfield?  Or how many TAPPS are more talented than 3A Newton?  I would take Newton vs. any of these so called TAPPS powerhouses this year along.  T..C Cedar Hill is ranked #3 in all of TAPPS they will meet Melissa in Melissa this year.  That's about 8 miles up the road from me.  I will be there I will assure you T.C. will not smoke Melissa and Melissa is not the best team in 4A.   You guys are giving them a lot of props because they are playing OOS teams.  

The most consistent team in TEXAS TAPPS IS Prestonwood Christian.  They have a winning record the last decade over Lynch, Dunne, Nolan Catholic and Liberty Christian.  The TAPP big boys here in DFW.  

They are a combined 1- 5 vs. 4A Celina and GIlmer during the same time.  Now I guess you are supposing 4A will not get better but TAPPS will explode. 

CELINA a 4A Power and legendary School have played most of them and you might be shock what you discover.  You would be seriously misled if you think these teams are magically head and shoulders over the Celina's of Texas.  Come out to Celina and look at the facilities.  These are not some poor supported 4A Teams.  These teams are stacked with great facilities, the best coaches and athletes as good as anyone. 

Celina 6 -1 vs. Liberty Christian only lost 1 pt last year 

9/8/2017 10-9 (L)[-/2/2016 55-43 (W)

8/28/2015 35-20 (W)

8/29/2014 47-21 (W)

9/13/2013 54-30 (W)

9/14/2012 35-21 (W)

9/8/2006 28-14 (W)

Celina 4 - 0 vs. Prestonwood.  

9/2/2011 34-33 (W)

9/3/2010 56-34 (W)

9/14/2007 50-17 (W)

9/15/2006 28-7 (W)

Celina 1 -1 vs. Lynch

9/18/2015 51-14 (W)[-]

9/19/2014 40-21 (L)

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

LT DL (front 7) will be stout, with wenson, spille and Erwin along with those LBs.

i heard cedar hill will field a strong defense.  Their defense was pretty good last year, expected to be much better.  Not sure about the offense though. I'd have them as a playoff team to go a few rounds.

Spille will be one to watch. A sophomore-to-be I believe. I’m confident they’ll be good, but after last year, nothing is a sure thing. Even with Hank Carter.

18 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

If you think either St. Pius X or College Station would have beat Carthage or PG from 4A.  You don't know much about Texas Football.  I never said they don't have talent.  What TAPPS team is more talented than 4A Melissa in the backfield?  Or how many TAPPS are more talented than 3A Newton?  I would take Newton vs. any of these so called TAPPS powerhouses this year along.  T..C Cedar Hill is ranked #3 in all of TAPPS they will meet Melissa in Melissa this year.  That's about 8 miles up the road from me.  I will be there I will assure you T.C. will not smoke Melissa and Melissa is not the best team in 4A.   You guys are giving them a lot of props because they are playing OOS teams.  

The most consistent team in TEXAS TAPPS IS Prestonwood Christian.  They have a winning record the last decade over Lynch, Dunne, Nolan Catholic and Liberty Christian.  The TAPP big boys here in DFW.  

They are a combined 1- 5 vs. 4A Celina and GIlmer during the same time.  Now I guess you are supposing 4A will not get better but TAPPS will explode. 

CELINA a 4A Power and legendary School have played most of them and you might be shock what you discover.  You would be seriously misled if you think these teams are magically head and shoulders over the Celina's of Texas.  Come out to Celina and look at the facilities.  These are not some poor supported 4A Teams.  These teams are stacked with great facilities, the best coaches and athletes as good as anyone. 

Celina 6 -1 vs. Liberty Christian only lost 1 pt last year 

9/8/2017 10-9 (L)[-/2/2016 55-43 (W)

8/28/2015 35-20 (W)

8/29/2014 47-21 (W)

9/13/2013 54-30 (W)

9/14/2012 35-21 (W)

9/8/2006 28-14 (W)

Celina 4 - 0 vs. Prestonwood.  

9/2/2011 34-33 (W)

9/3/2010 56-34 (W)

9/14/2007 50-17 (W)

9/15/2006 28-7 (W)

Celina 1 -1 vs. Lynch

9/18/2015 51-14 (W)[-]

9/19/2014 40-21 (L)

Celina and Melissa probably won't even win their own district...

Nobody's talking about that other 4A power....

• Like 1