Travel ban upheld by SCOTUS

HSFBfan

Won't bother calling out all the individuals who lost their shit when this was guaranteed as the final outcome 12 months ago.  

Obviously we can agree or disagree on the merits of the practice, but the powers granted to the POTUS by existing legislation and years of case law were never in question. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Just now, zulu1128 said:

Won't bother calling out all the individuals who lost their shit when this was guaranteed as the final outcome 12 months ago.  

Obviously we can agree or disagree on the merits of the practice, but the powers granted by existing legislation and years of case law were never in question. 

SCOTUS was never going to second guess the powers of the president when it comes to national security. State or Hawaii loses. Does the screaming at the sky start now or later? Lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Obviously we can agree or disagree on the merits of the practice, but the powers granted to the POTUS by existing legislation and years of case law were never in question. 

This.  Bad policy that sends a terrible message to the world.  I’d also add that while the ban was being stayed and reviewed at various levels was there a single act of radical Islamic terrorism©️®️™️ on American soil by a person hailing from one of these countries?  (Could be wrong, but I don’t think so).  (Also are we getting a lot of immigrants from North Korea where background info needs to be shared...?)

But a good decision based on law and the Constitution.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

This.  Bad policy that sends a terrible message to the world.  I’d also add that while the ban was being stayed and reviewed at various levels was there a single act of radical Islamic terrorism©️®️™️ on American soil by a person hailing from one of these countries?  (Could be wrong, but I don’t think so).  (Also are we getting a lot of immigrants from North Korea where background info needs to be shared...?)

But a good decision based on law and the Constitution.

Why is it bad policy? I dont think the number of countries on the list is close to enough. But it's a win like you said based on law and constitution

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Kennedy is supposed to retire this summer apparently. Will give trump another selection. 6-3 majority 

Still 5-4.  Kennedy loves being the 5th vote in favor of gay rights, but he’s still pretty much a conservative on everything else.

*correction - yes 6-3 if Ginsburg goes, too.  But she’ll have her clerks embalm her, doll her up, and wheel her corpse to oral argument that’s how much she probably despises Trump!  Weekend at Bernie’s comes to SCOTUS!

20 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Still 5-4.  Kennedy loves being the 5th vote in favor of gay rights, but he’s still pretty much a conservative on everything else.

*correction - yes 6-3 if Ginsburg goes, too.  But she’ll have her clerks embalm her, doll her up, and wheel her corpse to oral argument that’s how much she probably despises Trump!  Weekend at Bernie’s comes to SCOTUS!

Kennedy could be retiring this summer. Lots of rumors out there. If Kennedy retires it'll be 6-3. If kennedy retires and Ginsburg dies it'll be 7-2. Where did Kennedy vote on the bakery decision I dont remember

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Kennedy could be retiring this summer. Lots of rumors out there. If Kennedy retires it'll be 6-3. If kennedy retires and Ginsburg dies it'll be 7-2. Where did Kennedy vote on the bakery decision I dont remember

Kennedy retiring keeps it 5-4.  Ginsburg going makes it 6-3.

Kennedy sided with the bakery.

Supreme Court nominations has been the crown jewel of a Republican winning the 2016 election 

Once it is for sure 6-3  they need to peel back all this gay marriage and gay-rights bullshit.  You should never be awarded special rights based on who you have sex with.  And people of faith should never be  put in a terrible situation like that baker did. 

No faith based American should have to throw their believes in the trash because two guys like to anally mutilate each other

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Supreme Court nominations has been the crown jewel of a Republican winning the 2016 election 

Once it is for sure 6-3  they need to peel back all this gay marriage and gay-rights bullshit.  You should never be awarded special rights based on who you have sex with.  And people of faith should never be  put in a terrible situation like that baker did. 

No faith based American should have to throw their believes in the trash because two guys like to anally mutilate each other

Faith based American.  That's irony at it's finest.  

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes, absolutely and rewrite the Bible, Jesus was dancing and partying with the Pharisees. 

Post on, Nole!

Regards

BGW

4 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Faith based American.  That's irony at it's finest.  

Indeed, homosexuality is contagious also. 

Toilet seats and being within 10 foot proximity. 

The ignorance is overwhelming. 

Regards

BGW

p.s.Might as well peel back advances for special needs students, warehouse the students away from all of these perfect people. Babysat not by teachers but clerks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I'm behind you. Time to go back to being a Christian nation 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

🤣

They were Episcopalians and Unitarians for crying out loud!  Those are social clubs at this point; I know atheists who have more belief in God than members of those two denominations!!

I still believe this country should do what the founding fathers believed and did when this country was founded. Just seemed better. Could be wrong but thats just how I feel 

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

That’s, like, your opinion, man...

All I'm saying is you should not be awarded special rights and privileges based on a choice you choose. People choose to be gay. Babies aren't born gay. They learn it through puberty.

Religious people don't want special rights and privilege. They just want to have the freedom to not associate with someone. They shouldn't have to throw away their chosen beliefs because someone is forcing their disgusting lifestyle on them. That is extortion and economic terrorism. 

You cant choose your age, race, gender, or handicap. Those should all be protected always in any circumstance. But you should not be able to sue and cause chaos because someone doesn't want to associate with you because of a chosen lifestyle 

• Like 1