Travel ban upheld by SCOTUS

HSFBfan

16 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Your joy may be my hate. Pick your cause, I'll pick mine. I'd never question your right to protest on any subject matter. It's an American fundamental right. 

I'm just saying the Boston tea party was and always will be more significant than any protest to date in this country in my opinion of course. It set up the whole no taxation without representation. Anything to do with our independence from a tyrannical power like England at the time was so much more significant 

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Colossians 2:14

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross." 

King James Version

King James was a Homosexual.  How Ironic.:D  Now you did throw out a nice jab.  Watch me slip it with a counter left.

The verse in question is Colossians 2:14 Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
American King James Version, which refers to Yeshua“having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.” Does this say that ELAHA's law was wiped out or nailed to the cross, as many contend?

Let us first note that God’s law is not something that is “against us.” On the contrary, it is ” holy, and just and good” (Romans 7:12 Romans 7:12 Why the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
American King James Version). Scripture always refers to it being a blessing to humankind.

YESHUA did indeed take out of the way something that was nailed to His cross. But that something was the record of our sins —our transgressions—not ELAHA's law. A careful look at Paul’s original wording in the Greek proves this to be true.

I digress on the religious machinations sir.  Have a good day.  If ELAHA gives a law he has never then turned around and said that law or command was a mistake now do the opposite.  He cannot be the Most High and err.  

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

King James was a Homosexual.  How Ironic.  Now you did throw out a nice jab.  Watch me slip it with a counter left.

The verse in question is Colossians 2:14 Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
American King James Version×, which refers to Christ “having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.” Does this say that God’s law was wiped out or nailed to the cross, as many contend?

Let us first note that God’s law is not something that is “against us.” On the contrary, it is ” holy, and just and good” (Romans 7:12 Romans 7:12Why the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
American King James Version×). Scripture always refers to it being a blessing to humankind.

YESHUA did indeed take out of the way something that was nailed to His cross. But that something was the record of our sins —our transgressions—not God’s law. A careful look at Paul’s original wording in the Greek proves this to be true.

My biblical upbringing interpreted that Colossians 2:14 signified that the old testament no longer holds sway over modern christians, and that it is a blueprint for living, a reference of sorts.

Keep in mind, it's open to interpretation and I've been in many a legalistic discussion as to the truth and....

One hard fast truth to it is .....

The bible is open to interpretation.

Regards,

BGW

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm just saying the Boston tea party was and always will be more significant than any protest to date in this country in my opinion of course. It set up the whole no taxation without representation. Anything to do with our independence from a tyrannical power like England at the time was so much more significant 

Whether I agree or not is inconsequential. I respect your right to voice your opinion in any non violent manner.  

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

My biblical upbringing interpreted that Colossians 2:14 signified that the old testament no longer holds sway over modern christians, and that it is a blueprint for living, a reference of sorts.

Keep in mind, it's open to interpretation and I've been in many a legalistic discussion as to the truth and....

One hard fast truth to it is .....

The bible is open to interpretation.

Regards,

BGW

It's all good Homie:  

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Oh, I'm far from offended DD!!!

My interpretation, is all.

BGW

I could go much deeper with the Greek interpretation of the Hebrew word for Wipe/blotted which that passage references which is always concerning Sin not Law.   Quickly the Greeks translated exaleipho from the Hebrew word  machah which was only used in reference for sin (efface/erase/cancel/obliterate etc).  That is a fact the original Hebrew text uses Machah.  Translated into Greek exaleipho and later English Blot/Wipe.  This was never used in Hebrew for Law or removing law. 

King James called his book a Revision that means he changed it.  He never referred to it as a Transliteration. Big difference in my opinion. 

Peace be unto you.

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I could go much deeper with the Greek interpretation of the Hebrew word for Wipe/blotted which that passage references which is always concerning Sin not Law.   Quickly the Greeks translated exaleipho from the Hebrew word  machah which was only used in reference for sin (efface/erase/cancel/obliterate etc).  That is a fact the original Hebrew text uses Machah.  Translated into Greek exaleipho and later English Blot/Wipe.  This was never used in Hebrew for Law or removing law. 

Peace be unto you.

Cool bit of information.😎

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES @DevilDog

Did you guys have a religious upbringing?  Church on Sundays?

If so, how have your views changed, if at all?  

Asking for myself

Who I like very much.

Church on Wednesday nights, on Sundays.... picnic with members after church on Sunday then Sunday evening.... growing up.

As adults and parents, church on Sunday morning, wife was in orchestra, kids choir, I was involved youth ministry and did some skits for sermons.

Changed for more moderate and tolerant, coming from a legalistic fundamentalist church, where the mantra was "truth" and literal interpretation but nothing extreme.

Regards,

BGW

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Church on Wednesday nights, on Sundays.... picnic with members after church on Sunday then Sunday evening.... growing up.

As adults and parents, church on Sunday morning, wife was in orchestra, kids choir, I was involved youth ministry and did some skits for sermons.

Changed for more moderate and tolerant, coming from a legalistic fundamentalist church, where the mantra was "truth" and literal interpretation but nothing extreme.

Regards,

BGW

Interesting.  Thank you.  

My mother has apologized to me for not raising us kids in religion like she was.  And I can't thank her enough, even though it has always been a fascinating topic for me.  

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I am the Son of a Minister who is active and has a Church.  Matter of fact he is raising over 2500 pairs of shoes for the homeless this weekend and I am gathering up used/usable shoes to take to him this weekend.  I also in my travels have met many that took me under their wings to teach me.  I have influences from a Catholic Priest that let me debate him weekly as a Marine. Awesome Priest.  I have Muslim friends and actually the most influential of my Teachers have been Islamic later in life.  I have Black Hebrew Israelites that insisted that I research self and they gave me more documents to study than anyone.  I have the tablets of Toth that has taken me 2 years to study.  I constantly seek peace and knowledge from the most High.  I will say it and my studies led me away from the Christian upbringing I experienced and my Mother and Father though hurt at first are all in and as a matter of fact he allows me to debate the other Ministers and they now try to recruit me to Preach. 9_9 The keep saying that is your calling.  I am a product of the African Diaspora and it is incumbent upon me not to let anyone give me his Religion as a SON of this diaspora I must embrace all that influenced my Fathers.  From Memphis in Egypt to Memphis in Tn.

Thank you.  That is a cool story and props to your parents for there open minds. 

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Thank you.  That is a cool story and props to your parents for there open minds. 

Yes it is:  All I asked when they disagreed with me was this:  Name one thing given to us as a Slave that was beneficial.  And never had another big discussion over it.  I still visit Church when I go see them and enjoy visiting.  He had her call me Sunday and joke with me coming to eat some Wild Boar with him :D.  So yes it's all cool with them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Did you consider the 14th amendment, which was just......  It should be repealed now as it's badly abused...

My man Drummer.  It is considered abused now because Illegal Immigrants can have kids born in the U.S. and be citizens which I am sure you are alluding to.  Now asking me was it just.  Let's see it was passed on July 28, 1868.  I ask you to consider were Black people magically accepted and transformed into full citizens on July 28th 1868.  

Knowledge of these type events are what led me to be a Young Republican back in the day:

If they were I suggest you Google this event and get back with me: You should love it actually political in nature>   Opelousas Massacre (1868)

To answer your question:  NO

13 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You're right, fuck equality for all... just middle class white males.

Regards

BGW

We need people on the court with the brains and courage to uphold the laws as written and the constitution. Not some f'd up liberal activist who does anything in her power to not uphold laws that are otherwise constitutional and who bend over backwards to twist the constitution into something it doesn't plainly say...