Letter that sums up current state of affairs

stanscript

We have seen these assholes openly challenge the Government.  Yet I am to believe that it is just a bunch of nothing.  When it has been a formulated plan since 1983. 

On the White Power movement turning on the state

The turn on the state happened in 1983. It happened at the Aryan Nations World Congress, which was a meeting of many different factions of the White Power movement and the thing that's important about this turn on the state is that it's openly anti-state for the first time in the 20th century. Prior Klan mobilizations had really been organized about maintaining the status quo or maintaining what historians would call "systemic power," which is to say, state power and all of the other kinds of power that are bound up in state power.

So if you think about the Klan in the 1920s, which is the example that most people are familiar with, it's very overtly and properly nationalist. ... It was out in the mainstream. It was very social. It was very overt. It was purported to be "for America" and their slogan indeed was "100 percent Americanism."

So fast forward to 1983, and we're looking at something completely different. This is now a coalition of united racist groups that is openly anti-government, that is focused on a transnational white nation and that is using texts and ideologies that call for an apocalyptic confrontation with everybody else.

Image result for militia take over federal building

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir if you were shot today what are the stats of it being a fellow white male.  Look I know you struggle with assigning blame to white males that commit atrocious acts.  Remember only a few southerners owned slaves.  I have heard that same argument as well.  As if my cousin being a slave owner would not have benefited me. What are the odds of a Muslim dirtbag blowing you or I up?  Somehow I feel if black men or Mexicans were out in the woods training to kill whites in a race war you would not have this mindset. 

1) Much, much lower than yours of being shot by a fellow black man.

2) If said black or Mexican men were in the back woods and amounted to hundredths or thousandths of a percent of the population, I would lose a grand total of zero seconds of sleep.

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

We have seen these assholes openly challenge the Government.  Yet I am to believe that it is just a bunch of nothing.  When it has been a formulated plan since 1983. 

On the White Power movement turning on the state

The turn on the state happened in 1983. It happened at the Aryan Nations World Congress, which was a meeting of many different factions of the White Power movement and the thing that's important about this turn on the state is that it's openly anti-state for the first time in the 20th century. Prior Klan mobilizations had really been organized about maintaining the status quo or maintaining what historians would call "systemic power," which is to say, state power and all of the other kinds of power that are bound up in state power.

So if you think about the Klan in the 1920s, which is the example that most people are familiar with, it's very overtly and properly nationalist. ... It was out in the mainstream. It was very social. It was very overt. It was purported to be "for America" and their slogan indeed was "100 percent Americanism."

So fast forward to 1983, and we're looking at something completely different. This is now a coalition of united racist groups that is openly anti-government, that is focused on a transnational white nation and that is using texts and ideologies that call for an apocalyptic confrontation with everybody else.

Whose living room did they hold the "congress" in?

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I get it. But, why should he be ashamed, when you like or reply with agreement when your alt right posts actual racist and hate filled shit? Shouldn't it be, if you cant take it then dont give it? Asking for a friend.

I don't recall many alt-right letters to the editor being posted on here and labelled "the current state of affairs".

Please confirm.

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Whose living room did they the "congress" in?

You really are dense.  Somehow I believe if my Grandfather would have showed this to your Grandfather.  His response would have been why were they climbing trees to begin with.   Just ridiculous with the dismissive nature that inhabits your brain.  Hold on we got 45 days left for our next school shooting so you can really break out the stats.  

Image result for black lynched

• Thanks 1

The reality is many can be dismissive of alt right and supremacy groups because they are not impacted by the outcome and don't care to be sympathetic to the symptoms of racism. They are clearly and comfortably on the other side of the fence.

But the reality for others is that this country has already demonstrated the cruelty of supremacy and oppression and it's wise to beware so that we don't fall prey to the same tactics.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The reality is many can be dismissive of alt right and supremacy groups because they are not impacted by the outcome and don't care to be sympathetic to the symptoms of racism. They are clearly and comfortably on the other side of the fence.

But the reality for others is that this country has already demonstrated the cruelty of supremacy and oppression and it's wise to beware so that we don't fall prey to the same tactics.  

Or, alternatively, you can deal reality and see that most if not all this white supremacy crap is largely a creation of the left getting their asses kicked politically, having no ideas and thus having to create boogeymen as excuses and to gin up support from the more radical elements of their leftist movement.

Just now, concha said:

Or, alternatively, you can deal reality and see that most if not all this white supremacy crap is largely a creation of the left getting their asses kicked politically, having no ideas and thus having to create boogeymen as excuses and to gin up support from the more radical elements of their leftist movement.

I'll stick with my reality as I have something at stake, I pay closer attention to the tea leaves than someone who has no vested interest either way.

44 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

if this was ISIS would it be laughable.  Switch their Symbols and see if you still would be so dismissive.   Did you ever notice that the posters here that post Racial tinged posts are from the SEC SEC SEC?  Because the People there never changed only the title of the Party they profess.

I could hardly see the edge of the crowd gathered there for the big racist confab.

There must have been at least scores of them.

Just now, Horsefly said:

I'll stick with my reality as I have something at stake, I pay closer attention to the tea leaves than someone who has no vested interest either way.

My Latino sons and their Latina mom might disagree about having a stake.

But carry on looking for the boogeyman around every corner.  Maxine and Nancy and Chuckie are nodding and smiling.

• Like 1

Just now, concha said:

I could hardly see the edge of the crowd gathered there for the big racist confab.

There must have been at least scores of them.

Yeah, when you have elected officials that are very vocal about their racist positions I take note, see Steve King.    It not only speaks to him but those that elected him.  But there is nothing here, it's all a small fragment of society with no impact. I'm sure you can rest easy.  

2 minutes ago, concha said:

My Latino sons and their Latina mom might disagree about having a stake.

But carry on looking for the boogeyman around every corner.  Maxine and Nancy and Chuckie are nodding and smiling.

Yep, you point to OTHERS and their interest as stakeholders.  Good point 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah, when you have elected officials that are very vocal about their racist positions I take note, see Steve King.    It not only speaks to him but those that elected him.  But there is nothing here, it's all a small fragment of society with no impact. I'm sure you can rest easy.  

What has Steve King said he's going to do to non-whites? 

7 minutes ago, concha said:

As they are my blood too and the people I love most in the world...

Maybe you don't love your family. I do.

No I love them a lot, that's why I still refer to my children's mother as MY WIFE.   I'm sure your boys will be fine though as they will be protected by your European surname and shade, so you probably have no worries.

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No I love them a lot, that's why I still refer to my children's mother as MY WIFE.   I'm sure your boys will be fine though as they will be protected by your European surname and shade, so you probably have no worries.

No longer my wife. But still my best friend. We see each other all the time. Have keys to each other's places... She's in the UK with the boys now, on a trip I financed.

Anywhooo...  I'm still waiting to hear about all these nefarious things planned for our non-white citizenship.  Do record low unemployment rates count?

You'll note DD has ducked and dodged discussing just how ridiculously small white supremacist numbers are.

So, how big is the boogeyman and what is the evil master plan? You know that the Purge series is fiction, right?

3 minutes ago, concha said:

No longer my wife. But still my best friend. We see each other all the time. Have keys to each other's places... She's in the UK with the boys now, on a trip I financed.

Anywhooo...  I'm still waiting to hear about all these nefarious things planned for our non-white citizenship.  Do record low unemployment rates count?

You'll note DD has ducked and dodged discussing just how ridiculously small white supremacist numbers are.

So, how big is the boogeyman and what is the evil master plan? You know that the Purge series is fiction, right?

Of course as if they would be explicit with their plans.

Nonetheless, I watch the nuances of the what is stated and implied especially related to immigration and our own demographics.  You can look for yourself on Steve king his statements and what org. he is complicit with.  I look at why Gorka with his Nazi ties was ever in the WH, but also look at candidates like Paul Nehlen are gaining in Wisconsin.  (It has not slipped my mind Trump thanked Nehlen for his endorsement during his campaign, and why accept the endorsement of a known racist?) I’m not supportive of Bannon and Miller either.  I’ve read excerpts from the book Bannon endorses, “Camp of the Saints” and it gives a very eurocentric view of the world and anti immigrant. All of these signs point towards white nationalism which marginalizes POC.

25 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

White supremacy is a result of the left losing politically.

No it isn’t.  But the left losing what should have been a landslide victory (lifetime beltway politician with significant White House experience vs animated overachieving businessman) was so unexpected and devastating, they saw right past the reasons and chose instead to make excuses.  One of the reactions has been to illicit fear of white supremacy and make it the keystone issue of the day, way overinflating the true threat.  Discussion on all our progress in the way of racial equality, and civil rights, and the changes that still need to be made, has been cast assunder in favor of fear mongering, and race baiting.  The only thing more shameful and disconcerting than the fact that Trump was actually elected as the answer, is the divisive reaction by the left.  As a moderate, that has been more shocking to me, than Trump’s unlikely victory.

Just now, Horsefly said:

Of course as if they would be explicit with their plans.

Nonetheless, I watch the nuances of the what is stated and implied especially related to immigration and our own demographics.  You can look for yourself on Steve king his statements and what org. he is complicit with.  I look at why Gorka with his Nazi ties was ever in the WH, but also look at candidates like Paul Nehlen are gaining in Wisconsin.  (It has not slipped my mind Trump thanked Nehlen for his endorsement during his campaign, and why accept the endorsement of a known racist?) I’m not supportive of Bannon and Miller either.  I’ve read excerpts from the book Bannon endorses, “Camp of the Saints” and it gives a very eurocentric view of the world and anti immigrant. All of these signs point towards white nationalism which marginalizes POC.

Uh-huh...  In our nation of 330 million with thousands upon thousands of politicians that's it? Insinuations? From a handful of people? No actual legislation or policies? 

Liberal politicians have it easy. Pretty weak sauce gets you guys riled up and believing in no time.

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

That comment belongs to Concha, not me.

Read before you direct your post.

Exactly what I was talking about. Yes, I know that sentence was in Concha’s argument but you included it as part of your rebuttal, and now that I reframed it as “fear” of white supremacy you instead that I am incapable of reading, when you don’t want to understand.  It’s that same set of lost the election response.

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Thats O.K. 

White is fast becoming a minority.

As you merrily have pointed out many times only like a racist can. So that’s your solution huh? Just started eliminate whitey. And you think it’s just going to be all better when whitey’s a minority....you are totally fucked up dude. Totally. 

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Exactly what I was talking about. Yes, I know that sentence was in Concha’s argument but you included it as part of your rebuttal, and now that I reframed it as “fear” of white supremacy you instead that I am incapable of reading, when you don’t want to understand.  It’s that same set of lost the election response.

"White supremacy is a result of the left losing politically."

Said concha never.

Sportsnut is an idiot. Perhaps "focus on and exaggeration of" white supremacy might describe part of my (accurate) argument. Not white supremacy itself. Sportsnut is too stupid to be able to distinguish between the concepts. There should be an IQ test to post on this board.

18 minutes ago, concha said:

Uh-huh...  In our nation of 330 million with thousands upon thousands of politicians that's it? Insinuations? From a handful of people? No actual legislation or policies? 

Liberal politicians have it easy. Pretty weak sauce gets you guys riled up and believing in no time.

Gotcha.  Look you see the world your way and I’ll continue on mine.  Funny the right was losing their mind with Obama’s ties to Rev Wright and all that allegedly implied.  

Im out.