Letter that sums up current state of affairs

stanscript

4 minutes ago, concha said:

We know that the Democrats hold their deplorable, bible & gun clutching and racist asses in contempt.

Sure thing.  So, therefore you all MUST band together and instead of calling it identity politics, we'll call it unity for the sake of self preservation from those nasty Dems.  Lol

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Sure thing.  So, therefore you all MUST band together and instead of calling it identity politics, we'll call it unity for the sake of self preservation from those nasty Dems.  Lol

We'll just call it what it is:

Identity politics and smearing from the left.

Keep it up.

It's been working really, really well for you. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

It seems to me the state of affairs is misplaced priorities.  Instead of arguing about social hierarchy and anxiety over statutes, our attention should be towards the environment, corporate control and the impact of technology on the workforce.  

What a poorly written letter then.

One would get the impression that she was primarily concerned about fascism, white racism, and civil rights -- that is, issues of social hierarchy and status.

10 minutes ago, concha said:

I think the following which I posted above:

When the economy is humming along and  you have lost the presidency, the House, the Senate and SCOTUS is rapidly being filled with people who actually follow the constitution rather than liberal feelings... well, what do you do?

Come up with good ideas?

Throw race cards.

I appreciate the irony.

But I was looking for a serious answer. 

What's the state of affairs the letter is supposed to sum up?

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

What a poorly written letter then.

One would get the impression that she was primarily concerned about fascism, white racism, and civil rights -- that is, issues of social hierarchy and status.

It sets the stage for the paragraph that addresses what we should be focused on. It gets it's points across if one has an open mind.

12 minutes ago, concha said:

We'll just call it what it is:

Identity politics and smearing from the left.

Keep it up.

It's been working really, really well for you. 

So there is no smearing from the right is that what you are saying?   You all have taken the position, as the eloquent Michelle Obama stated, " When they go low, we go high"? 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So there is no smearing from the right is that what you are saying?   You all have taken, as the eloquent Michele Obama stated, " the high road"? 

It's all relative.

I pointed to descriptions made by an actual Dem president and Dem candidate about huge swathes of American citizens.

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It sets the stage for the paragraph that addresses what we should be focused on. It gets it's points across if one has an open mind.

Well, I guess I agree with her then: we should be concerned about the environment, corporate power, and the way in which technology is impacting the workforce, and we shouldn't be fascists or racist.

I guess I was confused by the content of every other paragraph and by the title: "what's wrong with you [white people]?". I was thinking to myself, "Where are all the white racists advocating fascism?"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Well, I guess I agree with her then: we should be concerned about the environment, corporate power, and the way in which technology is impacting the workforce, and we shouldn't be fascists or racist.

I guess I was confused by the content of every other paragraph and by the title: "what's wrong with you [white people]?". I was thinking to myself, "Where are all the white racists advocating for fascism?"

Listening to our resident leftists, you'd almost think the race cards weren't even there. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I guess I was confused by the content of every other paragraph and by the title: "what's wrong with you [white people]?". I was thinking to myself, "Where are all the white racists advocating fascism?"

Yep, there you have it, on point. 

• Thanks 1

Seems with all the deflection and annoyance at the lady for her points.  Someone on the Right Side of this nation is doing a Shitty Job.  In the 40's the Right side of the Map were DemonKKKrats and today they are RepubliKKKans.  Now you see why I keep saying there is no difference other than some damn fool trying to convince me that the real problem is some Party Identification.  It is a  particular part of the Nation regardless of what you call them.   You can invent a party to label that region and it will be like the 2 below at their particular dominance of that region.

KKK CHAPTERS 1940'sRelated image

White supremacist groups today>  Can I get a Shout out to the SEC 🤣

Image result for white hate groups on map

Maybe she is familiar with these too

Related image

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Seems with all the deflection and annoyance at the lady for her points.  Someone on the Right Side of this nation is doing a Shitty Job.  In the 40's the Right side of the Map were DemonKKKrats and today they are RepubliKKKans.  Now you see why I keep saying there is no difference other than some damn fool trying to convince me that the real problem is a particular part of the Nation regardless of what you call them. 

KKK CHAPTERS 1940;S \

Related image

White supremacist groups today>  

How many people are actually members of these groups, DD?

Your map makes it looks like the streets are crawling with them.

KKK for example? A few thousand members: 5k to 8k per the very liberal Southern Poverty law Center. That's 0.0024% of America.

There are 233 Black Nationalist groups per the SPLC. That would put lots of dots on a map.

Again why is the Republican South where they reside. But some knuckleheads on here keep calling DemonKKKrats the Racist.  Only a damn fool will fall for that stupidity.  The slave history, Civil Rights abusing South was is and always will be just what that lady projected.  Deflect all you want.  If you are not a racist her letter should not bother you.  Talking about some black Gangs butchering each other don't incite a defense mechanism in me when you blanket all black men.  By the way that is a tactic of white Supremacy. 

3 minutes ago, concha said:

How many people are actually members of these groups, DD?

Your map makes it looks like the streets are crawling with them.

KKK for example? A few thousand members: 5k to 8k per the very liberal Southern Poverty law Center. That's 0.0024% of America.

There are 233 Black Nationalist groups per the SPLC. That would put lots of dots on a map.

I didn't take a crayon and invent it and neither were from the SPLC.  There are a lot of Black Nationalist groups.  Let's compare the brutality of those groups against whites

What if there were 30 ISIS groups in the U.S espousing rhetoric like these groups.  Would you have the same dismissive mindset that it is only a few of them too.  Serious question. Because in our past conversations you have stated the same well it is just a few.  If there are men in cammies training for a racial war to kill me then I look at it different sir. 

So let me get this straight.

This 67 year old woman decided now was the time to point out a problem with white supremacy, when people who are members of such groups comprise an absurdly small part of our population. As if there is some risk of such groups seizing power here? What rights are being lost, for example?

Laughable.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

So let me get this straight.

This 67 year old woman decided now was the time to point out a problem with white supremacy, when people who are members of such groups comprise an absurdly small part of our population. As if there is some risk of such groups seizing power here? What rights are being lost, for example?

Laughable.

if this was ISIS would it be laughable.  Switch their Symbols and see if you still would be so dismissive.   Did you ever notice that the posters here that post Racial tinged posts are from the SEC SEC SEC?  Because the People there never changed only the title of the Party they profess.

1 hour ago, concha said:

Her political leanings are not even thinly veiled in today's political and media environment.

She appears to be labeling huge swathes of America as nazi and white supremacist.

It's bullshit and you should be ashamed for posting it and labeling it a "current state of affairs".

Ashamed??? Compared to the shit the alt right posters post? The constant racial posts by your buds in the southeast that post on here? Come on homie, I know you cant be that upset by the post, that it clouds your reasoning.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I didn't take a crayon and invent it and neither were from the SPLC.  There are a lot of Black Nationalist groups.  Let's compare the brutality of those groups against whites

What if there were 30 ISIS groups in the U.S espousing rhetoric like these groups.  Would you have the same dismissive mindset that it is only a few of them too.  Serious question. Because in our past conversations you have stated the same well it is just a few.  If there are men in cammies training for a racial war to kill me then I look at it different sir. 

Statistically, DD (and I know you struggle with stats), if you were to be shot today, what is the likelihood of it being by a fellow black man versus some member of a tiny group of camo-wearing rednecks? Remember, these guys number in all likelihood in the hundredths to thousandths of a percent of the US population. I'm guessing the chances of being attacked by a white supremacist are up there with a lightning or meteorite hit.

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Ashamed??? Compared to the shit the alt right posters post? The constant racial posts by your buds in the southeast that post on here? Come on homie, I know you cant be that upset by the post, that it clouds your reasoning.

The racial shit goes both ways and I tend to put such folks on ignore PDQ.

Just now, concha said:

The racial shit goes both ways and I tend to put such folks on ignore PDQ.

I get it. But, why should he be ashamed, when you like or reply with agreement when your alt right posts actual racist and hate filled shit? Shouldn't it be, if you cant take it then dont give it? Asking for a friend.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Statistically, DD (and I know you struggle with stats), if you were to be shot today, what is the likelihood of it being by a fellow black man versus some member of a tiny group of camo-wearing rednecks? Remember, these guys number in all likelihood in the hundredths to thousandths of a percent of the US population. I'm guessing the chances of being attacked by a white supremacist are up there with a lightning or meteorite hit.

Sir if you were shot today what are the stats of it being a fellow white male.  Look I know you struggle with assigning blame to white males that commit atrocious acts.  Remember only a few southerners owned slaves.  I have heard that same argument as well.  As if my cousin being a slave owner would not have benefited me. What are the odds of a Muslim dirtbag blowing you or I up?  Somehow I feel if black men or Mexicans were out in the woods training to kill whites in a race war you would not have this mindset. 

• Like 1