Letter that sums up current state of affairs

stanscript

16 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Stereotypes and rhetoric huh? You act as though I just fell of turnip truck. It’s life experiences that form my beliefs and values. I assure you that I’ve seen more and experienced more than most people. I appreciate your passion, but Your rhetoric will not ever change what I’ve experienced. 

The opiate epidemic has become what it is. Now it’s a big deal for the reasons you mentioned. Dealers and doctors are in the crosshairs. It is every bit as demonized as crack. And if you’re dealing it, black or white, you go to jail. If you are high, black or white, you’ll get rehab if you want it. 

Questiion. At what point does accountability become the responsibility of the addict, the criminal, and drug dealer?

The problem is you are using anecdotal evidence to explain the reality in all neighborhoods across America, that alone doesn't fly on a national scale.

i think personal accountability should be the letter of the law, im all for making a complete and thorough war on drugs in ALL communities: users and abusers.  No more treating suburban kids drug use as a rite of passage. (If we want to use personal exp. I grew up in the suburbs and have lived in them all my life post the mil.  Suburban kids are allowed to be recreational users and DEALERS without much consequence) These stats I showed should be uniform across all demographics like it is in Hawaii.

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I don't know how many times both you and I keep telling these people that DemonKrats and Republikkkans are all the same and we don't give a damn about either.  I keep reading you expressing this and every retort to you is about some damn Redneck Democrat. 

Because they only know one way and that is to stereotype, I'm black so I gotta be a dem loving sycophant..  

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Because they only know one way and that is to stereotype, I'm black so I gotta be a dem loving sycophant..  

Them trying to convince me that a Democrat (White Man) is more racist than a Republican (White Man) then turn around and tell you stop believing in the Boogey Man.  You know the same damn Boogey Man that wrecked havoc on our asses for centuries is revealing.  It's like me telling him a Crip (Blue) is more of a Thug than a Blood (Red)

They invoke so much comedic emotion in me that my laptop looks like a car wash from my constant eruptions over  their silliness.  For the 1000 Fukkknnnn time I don't see a difference in either party.  Wasn't Trump a DemonKrat before and Magically switched and became  Republikkkan.  There seems to be an epidemic of this B.S. But hey I am supposed to not be keen enough to get it. 

Truman was a raging Racist and a full blooded Democrat.  

Republican Nixon:  President Richard Nixon referred to black people as "Negro bastards" who live like "dogs."

Johnson a raging bigot and Democrat:  President Lyndon B. Johnson would routinely use the "N" word and called civil rights legislation "n***er" bills.

Eisenhower was a racist and full blooded Republican:  When NAACP lawyers persuaded the U.S. Supreme Court to rule Jim Crow as unconstitutional in 1954, President Eisenhower did not endorse Brown v. Board of Education and dragged his feat to enforce it. At a White House dinner the year before, President Eisenhower had told Chief Justice Earl Warren he could understand why White southerners wanted to make sure “their sweet little girls [are not] required to sit in school alongside some big black buck.” 

Now what one trait do they all share. 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Them trying to convince me that a Democrat (White Man) is more racist than a Republican (White Man) then turn around and tell you stop believing in the Boogey Man.  You know the same damn Boogey Man that wrecked havoc on our asses for centuries is revealing.  It's like me telling him a Crip (Blue) is more of a Thug than a Blood (Red)

They invoke so much comedic emotion in me that my laptop looks like a car wash from my constant eruptions over  their silliness.  For the 1000 Fukkknnnn time I don't see a difference in either party.  Wasn't Trump a DemonKrat before and Magically switched and became  Republikkkan.  There seems to be an epidemic of this B.S. But hey I am supposed to not be keen enough to get it. 

Truman was a raging Racist and a full blooded Democrat.  

Republican Nixon:  President Richard Nixon referred to black people as "Negro bastards" who live like "dogs."

Johnson a raging bigot and Democrat:  President Lyndon B. Johnson would routinely use the "N" word and called civil rights legislation "n***er" bills.

Eisenhower was a racist and full blooded Republican:  When NAACP lawyers persuaded the U.S. Supreme Court to rule Jim Crow as unconstitutional in 1954, President Eisenhower did not endorse Brown v. Board of Education and dragged his feat to enforce it. At a White House dinner the year before, President Eisenhower had told Chief Justice Earl Warren he could understand why White southerners wanted to make sure “their sweet little girls [are not] required to sit in school alongside some big black buck.” 

Now what one trait do they all share. 😁

Exactly, they are both the same no difference just use different tricks: one, gives the illusion of inclusion, they other makes no attempt at illusion, they are direct with their exclusion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

The problem is you are using anecdotal evidence to explain the reality in all neighborhoods across America, that alone doesn't fly on a national scale.

i think personal accountability should be the letter of the law, im all for making a complete and thorough war on drugs in ALL communities: users and abusers.  No more treating suburban kids drug use as a rite of passage. (If we want to use personal exp. I grew up in the suburbs and have lived in them all my life post the mil.  Suburban kids are allowed to be recreational users and DEALERS without much consequence) These stats I showed should be uniform across all demographics like it is in Hawaii.

I respect your opinion and I agree with most of what you just said. Now what are we going to do about it? I would suggest that we somehow convince young black males not commit crimes, sell or abuse drugs. Do you think that’d help? Seriously. THAT is the solution. Easing up on criminals to appease a group of people is not the answer. Thoughts? 

What SN is doing is lazy, lame, and irresponsible. Maybe he’ll get off of his ass and get out to the hoods and spread his gospel like he regales us. Haha! I highly doubt that. Being a little bitch on a message board is more of his speed. But I digress 

20 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I respect your opinion and I agree with most of what you just said. Now what are we going to do about it? I would suggest that we somehow convince young black males not commit crimes, sell or abuse drugs. Do you think that’d help? Seriously. THAT is the solution. Easing up on criminals to appease a group of people is not the answer. Thoughts? 

What SN is doing is lazy, lame, and irresponsible. Maybe he’ll get off of his ass and get out to the hoods and spread his gospel like he regales us. Haha! I highly doubt that. Being a little bitch on a message board is more of his speed. But I digress 

I don't think it's as simple as saying "don't do crime", but in helping to create opportunities, educational and career, that stimulate hope.  

In addition, also getting into positions of authority to make a change. I'm a strong believer in black empowerment. (Social, economic and political)

I never advocated easing up on criminals, I clearly stated that all drug users should have war declared on them.   

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

In addition, also getting into positions of authority to make a change. I'm a strong believer in black empowerment. (Social, economic and political)

I never advocated easing up on criminals, I clearly stated that all drug users should have war declared on them.   

We are on he same page. I like this idea. But IMHO we’ve gotta get qualified POC in leadership positions who can take the heat AND understand that it takes time to take a culture. It won’t happen overnight. We must understand that. It’s about leading by example and education. We cant shove diversity down people’s throats. People will naturally rebel and/or take offense. Like what happening now. But I agree with your statement. 👍

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

We are on he same page. I like this idea. But IMHO we’ve gotta get qualified POC in leadership positions who can take the heat AND understand that it takes time to take a culture. It won’t happen overnight. We must understand that. It’s about leading by example and education. We cant shove diversity down people’s throats. People will naturally rebel and/or take offense. Like what happening now. But I agree with your statement. 👍

You do it city by city.  I'm fortunate to have support here in my city with competent colleagues and leaders to address our issues.  We are using this model.   We really can only impact where we live.  Need others to catch the fever and take over their city. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You do it city by city.  I'm fortunate to have support here in my city with competent colleagues and leaders to address our issues.  We are using this model.   We really can only impact where we live.  Need others to catch the fever and take over their city. 

I know you’re heart and ideals are in the right place. You have my support. For what  it’s worth 👊

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

What I am doing is awakening emotions. 

You would not have the dialogue you have right now if I had not brought forth the subject.

This is what everyone is afraid of, talking.

I am already in the hood. I work with the kids at Lovejoy and Mundy's Mill and still have a presence in my old hood as I coach the 18 and under boys rec basketball team. I have been doing this since 1985 when I left Dekalb county. I have been the Basketball Booster President at Lovejoy, the Special Events Coordinator at Tobie Grant Recreation center. I do my share.

I also worked with the city of Atlanta when I lived in the limits and was on the Mayors Advisory Board for SE Atlanta Youth. I was president of the Lakewood Community Civic Assoc also, helping with tutoring and Family asst.

Don't ever think I run my mouth with no back up.

Trying to reach minds here is worse that any 18 and under kids I have ever had.

Difference being, these kids know I know what they are facing ever day of their lives.

Still a racist old head nevertheless, probably creates the connection in the hood, let’s hope it turns out favorably for those you do influence. 

Your incendiary racist baiting suggests an unfavorable outcome. 

Regards

AllKnowingAsshole

On 7/15/2018 at 10:04 AM, Horsefly said:

Interesting.  Why does it touch a nerve with YOU that the author condemns those that align with racist and fascist views?  Those org exist in this country whether you want to believe it or not, but yet YOU are offended? Curiously strange seeing as the author didn’t say all white conservatives are racist or fascists. A matter of fact she titled it “white person to white racist:”  

i was wondering the exact same thing

the Author made sure to specify white supremacists and fascists ... yet the usual crew of flunkies came out en masse to melt as one

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 11:59 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Thankfully i will long be dead before that happens. I know that's the supreme goal and hopefully you will get your revenge then. Only then you will be at peace. 

this is what raicists truly fear...

maybe if they dropped their fear altogether we can progress.... the whole country be damned less they hold on to their privilege

anywho... thanks for a hint of honesty for a change

this is the internet, be you!

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

What I do is only considered race baiting to racist.

To others, it is an avenue for conversation.

Hatred and bigotry comes from this board, you included.

Race is considered when I post anything at all. 

Why?

What are you scared of?

Conversation about why things are the way they are?

Or are you of the opinion that I should forget my past while I live according to your past?

They speak of heritage. What about mine?

If we let go of what happened, we let go of my history.

Is their something wrong with fighting for that?

That is what most of the racist are preaching right now, right?

Having people do it "Your" way"?

Who's racist?

Is that right?

BGW

12 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

that's quite feminine to respond that way...

that is not how men agree with other men...

maybe you knew this, maybe you didnt

What’s even more vagina-like is the fact that you actually know this shit enough to be the texting police. My teenaged daughter commends you on your knowledge and skills. 👍