Chance the rapper calls out Chicago mayor

HSFBfan

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The Bluer your state is the worst off it is.  You can thank Republican Bobby Jindal for destroying La.  They have work to do to unfuck his fuckery.  I wonder why the SEC people are not fed up with this like Chance the Rapper.  Should we send old Chance to all those Republican Governors.

Poorest States In America Map

This implies rich people are better than poor people. 

Having Fortune 500 companies and charging $3K a month for an apartment doesn't make a city great. 

You ever heard that saying, "some people are so poor that all they have is money" ? 

Being rich is obviously better than being poor from a comfort standpoint but it doesn't define morals and ethics. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Do they feel the same about 9 of the poorest States being Republican?  And it's amazing how they are now the biggest champions of Rappers around.   Where ever you see a State Ran by a Republican it is full of Trailer Parks, Meth Heads and Government dependency running rampant.  I even heard that some people in West Virginia still use Out door Toilets.  I guess the same stereotypes that was mentioned above about Inner City Blacks fit Rural Whites in Red States.  Also the Richest and best Cities are Ran by Democrats.  Austin, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, New York, Atlanta etc.

The most poverty-stricken state in the Union is deep blue California. New York also ranks poorly.  They aren't the only blue states fairing poorly. You use a fairly useless methodology of measure dating back to the 1930s. Congrats on being as smart as Block.

People in the Bay Area are shitting on the streets.

As far as the cities you mention, you'll find that much of the wealth is int he suburbs that tend to vote Republican and/or are run by Republicans.

I remember you trying this schtick with Dallas once. It failed miserably.

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What do you define as "best" cities? 

You guys are much smarter than I.  Here is a Hint they are not ran by Republicans for the most part.   And when people choose to visit the best Cities in America for Travel guess where most are and who runs them.   People damn sure are not flocking to Bumfukistan where all the Republicans are running things.

Just now, DevilDog said:

You guys are smarter than.  Here is a Hint they are not ran by Republicans for the most part.   And when people choose to visit the best Cities in America for Travel guess where most are and who runs them.   People damn sure are not flocking to Bumfukistan where all the Republicans are running things.

That mindset is the EXACT reason Trump got elected. 

1 minute ago, concha said:

The most poverty-stricken state in the Union is deep blue California. New York also ranks poorly.  They aren't the only blue states fairing poorly. You use a fairly useless methodology of measure dating back to the 1930s. Congrats on being as smart as Block.

People in the Bay Area are shitting on the streets.

As far as the cities you mention, you'll find that much of the wealth is int he suburbs that tend to vote Republican and/or are run by Republicans.

I remember you trying this schtick with Dallas once. It failed miserably.

Can you give us some Stat's.  ;)  There are probably 3 people in Los Angeles with more money than the whole damn State Of Mississippi.   

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The Bluer your state is the worst off it is in this illustration.  You can thank Republican Bobby Jindal for destroying La.  They have work to do to unfuck his fuckery.  I wonder why the SEC people are not fed up with this continued failure like Chance the Rapper is in Chicago.  Should we send old Chance to all those Republican Governors.

Poorest States In America Map

DD = Block

When you account for a little thing called "cost of living"...

10.25+State+Fact+Sheets.jpg?format=500w

Income-Poverty-2014-2016-SPM-50-States.p

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That mindset is the EXACT reason Trump got elected. 

No that is not the reason he got elected.  He got elected because of some outdated  Electorial College that was Born out of Racism (Research what I am stating) and shockingly it benefitted a RACIST who lost by more than 3 million votes.

Let me simplify it. 

GOP Confuses Electoral College With 'the American People'

DD = Block

When you account for a little thing called "cost of living"...

10.25+State+Fact+Sheets.jpg?format=500w

Income-Poverty-2014-2016-SPM-50-States.p

I don't understand can you give us 3 more pages of Stats about California and how some Goober in WV still Pooping in a creek with no electricity or clean water is so much better off than some homeless dudes out west.  That is the problem with you WingNutz you see what you want.

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Can you imagine the reaction to and labeling of such a march?

Tell us, how are blacks that espouse conservative views treated in the inner city community? Well?

You mean like Colin Powell or Condi Rice?  (This was when I was a member of the party.  I still have reasoned and rational conservative views) They were well respected bc they didn't play the silly political games many black conservatives do with their condescending statements like  "get off the plantation" rhetoric.

Unfortunately one of the leading black voices of black conservatism are diamond and Silk!  The party thinks propping them up adds credibility within the black community.  That's a joke!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

No that is not the reason he got elected.  He got elected because of some outdated  Electorial College that was Born out of Racism (Research what I am stating) and shockingly it benefitted a RACIST who lost by more than 3 million votes.

He lost by 3 million votes.

he lost by 4 million votes just in California alone. Think about that. 

Do you believe in your heart without lying that California should determine the entire election?? 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Do you believe in your heart without lying that California should determine the entire election?? 

Do you believe in your heart that the electorial College is outdated and based off Racism?   By the way I don't give a damn if you elect a Mule.  I am successful and it has nothing to do with either Party or where I live.  The State of California is part of the U.S. Every person eligible can vote.  So if he lost by 4 million with 26 million people voting.  Then in a real Democracy he loses.  The electorial college is closer to what Cuba does than true Democracy.

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

State lines are arbitrary.  What it shows is that in absolute terms there are more liberals than conservatives. 

I don't understand can you give us 3 more pages of Stats about California and how some Goober in WV still Pooping in a creek with no electricity or clean water is so much better off than some homeless dudes out west.  That is the problem with you WingNutz you see what you want.

Reply to DD with actual reason and facts and....

tumblr_inline_p7uaslm7JT1t6xmit_540.gif

• Haha 1

Much of Chicago is great. I lived there.

But the areas of poverty and violence are far from small.

I lived in ChicagoLand as well in Glenview from 93-96. Chicago is one of the Worlds Great Cities.  Segregated like the 50's still but a great city.  Downtown is amazing just stay above 32nd Street.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

"A" brother who might actually understand statistics and the concept of cost-of-living.

First off, poverty rates are a lot higher in the South.

poverty map

In fact, as many as one in four Southern kids lives in poverty, compared to the national average of one in five.

In the map above, red shading indicates a poverty rates between 17.9 and 22.8 percent. Orange indicates 15.9 to 17.8 percent; light orange, 12.2-15.8 percent; pale yellow, 9 to 12.1 percent. As you can see, there’s a lot of high-poverty red in the South.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

"A" brother who might actually understand statistics and the concept of cost-of-living.

More charts

Source: Department Of Labor

Virtually no Southern states, with the exception of Florida, have a minimum wage higher than the federal floor of $7.25 an hour. Many Southern states do have relatively low living costs. But they are not dramatically lower than costs of living in other states, such as Ohio and Missouri, that have set minimum wages at least slightly higher than the national limit. The Southern states are doing the absolute minimum for their poorest citizens by keeping the minimum wage at the lowest levels possible.

And people living in the South are a lot less likely to move up the economic ladder.

mobility

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I lived in ChicagoLand as well in Glenview from 93-96. Chicago is one of the Worlds Great Cities.  Segregated like the 50's still but a great city.  Downtown is amazing just stay above 32nd Street.

We can blame old racists policies that deliberately created the south side, e.g. Redlining (which segregated blacks into one area- the good along with the bad,  and restricted commercial growth in those areas) it was a literal chokehold for upward mobility and access to services and retail.  

• Like 1

Lived in a couple of places Near North.

Loved it.

Got tired of the winters and was able to get much more house in Atlanta... so we loaded up the family truckster and made like the Beverly Hillbillies.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Another Chart

If you want to achieve the American Dream, don’t move to the South. That’s because states in the South have extremely low levels of economic mobility. In the map above, pale yellow represents places with higher mobility, while red indicates low mobility.

Many living in poverty in the South are being denied access to affordable health care.

map 2

Source: Urban Institute

Another Chart damn stats even kids understand colors

This map shows how much money the 19 states that rejected Medicaid expansion will lose by 2022 as a result of doing so (assuming all other states participate).

This is particularly troubling because the South has several health crises on its hands. Like obesity.

obesity

Source: CDC

Obesity rates are too high across the U.S. But they’re particularly high in the South.

Southern states also have a higher percentage of cigarette Smoking