Chance the rapper calls out Chicago mayor

HSFBfan

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

State lines are arbitrary.  What it shows is that in absolute terms there are more liberals than conservatives. 

No they aren't. That's like saying Dominicans and Haitians are the same and their ideals should all be counted the same. It's just and imaginary line. 

You can say that about the whole world. Europe is imaginary lines. 

California is as close to being another country than anything. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Another Chart

If you want to achieve the American Dream, don’t move to the South. That’s because states in the South have extremely low levels of economic mobility. In the map above, pale yellow represents places with higher mobility, while red indicates low mobility.

Many living in poverty in the South are being denied access to affordable health care.

map 2

Source: Urban Institute

DD,  I don't doubt that you can find some charts and graphs just like Block.

Are you that idiot's tag-team partner?

Your claim of the poorest states being red was wrong. Period.

And people that live under that Republican leadership are miserable.

Perhaps all this is why some Southern states are among the least happy states in the country.

happy map

Source: Gallup

That’s according to Gallup’s recent “State of American Well-Being” report, which surveyed thousands of Americans and ranked states based on an average of six measures: “life evaluation,” emotional health, physical health, healthy behaviors, work environment and basic access to things like food, water and shelter.

1 minute ago, concha said:

DD,  I don't doubt that you can find some charts and graphs just like Block.

Are you that idiot's tag-team partner?

Your claim of the poorest states being red was wrong. Period.

I hope you liked all the Color's>  I tried to simplify it for the Republican's here.  The poorest States are Red.  You can't twist anything to make it otherwise.

The electoral college now is used so one or two states don't affect the complete outcome of an election. 

There are too many people and states in the entire country to have their entire policy instilled by 2 coastal states (NY and CA) 

That would be injustice for 48-49 states to be at the mercy of one 

• Like 1

At the end of the day, we ended up with this list of the Poorest States for 2018:

At the end of the day, we ended up with this list of the Poorest States for 2018:  Looks like an SEC Division to me.

1. Mississippi 

2. New Mexico

3. Alabama 

4. Louisiana 

5. South Carolina

6. Kentucky

7. Georgia 

8. North Carolina 

9l West Virginia 

10l Arkansas 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

No they aren't. That's like saying Dominicans and Haitians are the same and their ideals should all be counted the same. It's just and imaginary line. 

You can say that about the whole world. Europe is imaginary lines. 

California is as close to being another country than anything. 

Statelines are only divided along a map with a welcome sign when you enter and a “see you later” when you leave.  We are free to move in and out of a state without reservation.  Much different with countries, we have barriers to entry.  

Being different is the trademark of this country the West is different like the Midwest, NE and south have their cultural norms as well.  It’s what makes us uniquely American 

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Statelines are only divided along a map with a welcome sign when you enter and a “see you later” when you leave.  We are free to move in and out of a state without reservation.  Much different with countries, we have barriers to entry.  

Being different is the trademark of this country the West is different like the Midwest, NE and south have their cultural norms as well.  It’s what makes us uniquely American 

They don't understand that.  They Think the Electorial College represents America.  Let that marinate.  It does represent America when you dominate the Popular vote and win the Presidency.  That's why President Trump no matter the topic brings it up all the time and claim 80 million Mexicans voted illegally in Cali. He knows the Majority of Americans did not vote for him as President and you can see it with the disdain for him by the Majority.  A racist system elected him and they claim it was the people that wanted him and keep telling you that's why he won.  They are not the sharpest knife in the Kitchen.  They understand liberal Chicago and Baltimore to be poor and Black. But will reject like all hell of Republican South being Poor and White.

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Illegals did vote. And dead people. Lol. 

Hell its becoming mainstream now for illegals to vote. You think they weren't voting behind the scenes? 

You jump from one thing to the next and never establish a firm understanding of any of it.  That’s what we use to call “slinging shit on a wall and hoping something sticks”.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I hope you liked all the Color's>  I tried to simplify it for the Republican's here.  The poorest States are Red.  You can't twist anything to make it otherwise.

DD,

You aren't really even arguing with me.

You are arguing with the Census Bureau.

You are ignoring cost of living. I'm not sure how anyone with a positive IQ and any common sense does that.

If you think that's smart and the right way to go , then have at it.

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

At the end of the day, we ended up with this list of the Poorest States for 2018:

1. Mississippi (Photos)
  2. New Mexico (Photos)
  3. Alabama (Photos)
  4. Louisiana (Photos)
  5. South Carolina (Photos)
  6. Kentucky (Photos)
  7. Georgia (Photos)
  8. North Carolina (Photos)
  9. West Virginia (Photos)
  10. Arkansas (Photos)

DD, seriously my friend...

Do yourself a favor.

Read this.

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2017/demo/p60-261.pdf

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And people that live under that Republican leadership are miserable.

Perhaps all this is why some Southern states are among the least happy states in the country.

happy map

Source: Gallup

That’s according to Gallup’s recent “State of American Well-Being” report, which surveyed thousands of Americans and ranked states based on an average of six measures: “life evaluation,” emotional health, physical health, healthy behaviors, work environment and basic access to things like food, water and shelter.

These guys blow smoke up folks ass and want us to believe it’s all good.  Look no father than republican gov rick Snyder in Michigan and the flint water fiasco.  When in charge they don’t give a damn about inner city, minority communities.  That’s the bottomline. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm there lots for business. Mostly Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville, Winnetka and Wilmette areas. The architectural boat tour through the city is a must for every tourist. Love it. 

Best of any taste of the city I have ever been too. I have been to quite a few. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

These guys blow smoke up folks ass and want us to believe it’s all good.  Look no father than republican gov rick Snyder in Michigan and the flint water fiasco.  When in charge they don’t give a damn about inner city, minority communities.  That’s the bottomline. 

They were set to appoint a Racist Judge until the only Black Rep. Senator (Republican Tim Scott) refused to go along with their B.S. Of course they don't care anymore than a Democrat.

Thank you Senator Scott. This is proof they don't give a damn

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-sen-tim-scott-tanks-trump-nominee-over-past-racist-remarks

GOP Sen. Tim Scott Sinks Trump Nominee Over Past Racist Writings

The only black Republican senator took issue with Ryan Bounds’ racially charged past writings.

RTS10BFM_ltczj2

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Of course.  Remember when all those hazardous waste sites were placed near black communities. They target minority communities with these toxic places.  This is a damn fact.  Again the only people that succeed of Color or those like you and I. Conscious people.  Same old B.S. just a different package and a different time.  So of course his ass didn't give a damn about Black Kids drinking Dark water in Flint.

ANN ARBOR—Minority and low-income neighborhoods and communities in transition are disproportionately targeted by industries that follow the path of least resistance when deciding where to locate hazardous waste sites and other polluting facilities.

That’s one of the conclusions from a new environmental justice study by researchers at the University of Michigan and the University of Montana who analyzed 30 years of demographic data about the placement of U.S. hazardous waste facilities.

• Thanks 1

@Horsefly @Sportsnut

If you get the time look up Warren County North Carolina and why the EPA chose it in the  80's and how the residents rose up.  It is fascinating and appalling at the same time.  Just a tidbit to garner your interest.  

The EPA chose this county for a toxic dump because its residents were ‘few, black, and poor’

Warren County mobilized a remarkable resistance movement

These were REPUBLICANS

Where does one put a heap of toxic earth, laced with a chemical reputed to cause birth defects, skin and liver problems, and cancer? The state decided on the politically neglected Warren County, North Carolina— the population of which was 65 percent black.

In 1982, the EPA Superfund, headed by Anne Gorsuch Burford (mother of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch), allocated $2.5 million to create the Warren County landfill

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

@Horsefly @Sportsnut

If you get the time look up Warren County North Carolina and why the EPA chose it in the  80's and how the residents rose up.  It is fascinating and appalling at the same time.  Just a tidbit to garner your interest.   These were REPUBLICANS

Where does one put a heap of toxic earth, laced with a chemical reputed to cause birth defects, skin and liver problems, and cancer? The state decided on the politically neglected Warren County, North Carolina— the population of which was 65 percent black.

Will do

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Will do

They don't fool me with their Tricknology.  ;)  He is addressing both parties.

To quote Tupac: 

"Instead of tryin' to help a nigga you destroy a brother
Worse than the others, Bill Clinton, Mr. Bob Dole
You're too old to understand the way the game is told
You're lame so I gotta hit you with the hot facts"

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Horsefly @Sportsnut

If you get the time look up Warren County North Carolina and why the EPA chose it in the  80's and how the residents rose up.  It is fascinating and appalling at the same time.  Just a tidbit to garner your interest.  

The EPA chose this county for a toxic dump because its residents were ‘few, black, and poor’

Warren County mobilized a remarkable resistance movement

These were REPUBLICANS

In 1982, the EPA Superfund, headed by Anne Gorsuch Burford (mother of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch), allocated $2.5 million to create the Warren County landfill

YouTube has a few documentaries on the subject I'm watching now.  Interesting.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

YouTube has a few documentaries on the subject I'm watching now.  Interesting.  

Of course it's in the past and you should get over it and forget about it.  It is very interesting and appalling as I stated.  Funny a Supreme Court Nominee under (Reagan) his own Mother had a hand in this travesty to be created.  Of course they don't support health care they want you sick.

9 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I will.

But first, I would like to thank you guys for such in depth coverage of life in the south. 

Much of what I saw was false. 

I know my state from top to bottom and our issues as described are some what a little over the top. 

Bottom line for us is we have a different attitude toward life.

We are laid back traditionally. 

Our hustle and bustle has come from illegal aliens from the north. 

We are happy overall.

Life is not what it used to be here. 

I will go back to the influx of people over the last 30 years and say that that is where our city or state changed. 

Their offspring are now of age as 2nd generation  transplants and it is hard to stop the change.

Check the jails and they are inhabited by those who's parents came here as children from another state.

Don't take my interjections as an assault on your particular state sir. That was not my intention and I constantly mentioned the region.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They don't fool me with their Tricknology.  ;)  He is addressing both parties.

To quote Tupac: 

"Instead of tryin' to help a nigga you destroy a brother
Worse than the others, Bill Clinton, Mr. Bob Dole
You're too old to understand the way the game is told
You're lame so I gotta hit you with the hot facts"

The other trick is separating poor whites and blacks.  That was done with the populist party in 1892 and although the races had a platform based on the SAME shared issues, they were defeated by separating them based on race.   

Looking at this documentary the blacks and whites were both both being poisoned, but yet many times identity politics separate them.  And that’s the way the parties like it. 

• Thanks 1