Chance the rapper calls out Chicago mayor

HSFBfan

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The other trick is separating poor whites and blacks.  That was done with the populist party in 1892 and although the races had a platform based on the SAME shared issues, they were defeated by separating them based on race.   

Looking at this documentary the blacks and whites were both both being poisoned, but yet many times identity politics separate them.  And that’s the way the parties like it. 

I read about the story many years ago I never watched the documentary about this.  I will do that when I get home later.  Thanks for bringing that up.  The story was fascinating.

Yes indeed the other 35% were in fact poor whites.  Just as I tried to point out to Concha with the Blue Cities vs. Red States.  Funny one is so plain to them but the other is like looking thru the fog of war.  Everything is based on Race till you point it out then you are somehow pulling some damn Race Card. Tricknology at its finest.  Lets poison poor black people. Poor black shout they are poisoning us.  The Response stop pulling the RACE CARD. WTF.  When you invented the Race Card and played with a full house for 400 years. Was this instance not playing said card to the damn MAX.  ;)

I started out a Republican then leaned progressive after retirement.  Both of these damn parties suck and neither have my best interest they have their own.  I vote on the Candidate that will best serve my interest and I don't give a damn what he calls himself.   I like McCain because he has equally pissed off both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

He lost by 3 million votes.

he lost by 4 million votes just in California alone. Think about that. 

Do you believe in your heart without lying that California should determine the entire election?? 

What an ignorant statement. Exactly what American should not have the right to vote ?  One out of seven Americans lives in California. So all in Florida, Georgia, etc, ect, ect........can vote, but only a (%) from Cally.  Ever heard the principle (1) person, (1) vote. California went to the Republican candidate in 52, 56, 60, 68, 72, 76, 80, 84, 88. Should that have counted ?     

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

What an ignorant statement. Exactly what American should not have the right to vote ?  One out of seven Americans lives in California. So all in Florida, Georgia, etc, ect, ect........can vote, but only a (%) from Cally.  Ever heard the principle (1) person, (1) vote. California went to the Republican candidate in 52, 56, 60, 68, 72, 76, 80, 84, 88. Should that have counted ?     

The point is one state does not determine an election. 

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Popular votes are a collection of individuals making a choice.  It's truly represents a democracy.  Where they live is irrelevant.

Yeah but the dynamic has changed so much in California they do not represent the ideals and principles that the rest of the country as a whole represents. 

They have created legislation to be their own country,  or split into three states so they can flood Congress with more liberals. 

California as a whole has gone rogue.  The extremist views the state represents are completely outside the mainstream ideology that should not affect all the other 49 states. 

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah but the dynamic has changed so much in California they do not represent the ideals and principles that the rest of the country as a whole represents. 

They have created legislation to be their own country,  or split into three states so they can flood Congress with more liberals. 

California as a whole has gone rogue.  The extremist views the state represents are completely outside the mainstream ideology that should not affect all the other 49 states. 

I'm giving you an academic definition of a true democracy (1 person, 1 vote)

ive lived in CA and it's more diverse than you think which is one reason they were considering splitting into 3 different states.  Many different values and ideals.

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm giving you an academic definition of a true democracy (1 person, 1 vote)

ive lived in CA and it's more diverse than you think which is one reason they were considering splitting into 3 different states.  Many different values and ideals.

No they want to split so they can add more liberals into Congress.  They even admitted it.  They said why should California have the same amount of senators as Rhode Island?  They openly admitted it. 

The attorney general for California said he will punish any employer with jail time if they Report someone there illegally.  They have been passing extreme laws and legislation that are completely outside the American mainstream. 

They just made it a misdemeanor to intentionally give someone aids.  It used to be a felony but they de-criminalized it. 

I thank God every day we have laws put in place to not let this shit infested Third World country of a state dictate policy where I live 

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No they want to split so they can add more liberals into Congress.  They even admitted it.  They said why should California have the same amount of senators as Rhode Island?  They openly admitted it. 

The attorney general for California said he will punish any employer with jail time if they Report someone there illegally.  They have been passing extreme laws and legislation that are completely outside the American mainstream. 

They just made it a misdemeanor to intentionally give someone aids.  It used to be a felony but they de-criminalized it. 

I thank God every day we have laws put in place to not let this shit infested Third World country of a state dictate policy where I live 

Democrats opposed it as the entire state I said not democratically friendly. This is an excerpt from the Business Insider:

"Critics of the initiative say that having three Californias would diminish the power of Democrats. With its 55 electors in the Electoral College, California has long been a stronghold for the Democratic Party. Three smaller states could change that equation, which worries some Democrats."

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Democrats opposed it as the entire state I said not democratically friendly. This is an excerpt from the Business Insider:

"Critics of the initiative say that having three Californias would diminish the power of Democrats. With its 55 electors in the Electoral College, California has long been a stronghold for the Democratic Party. Three smaller states could change that equation, which worries some Democrats."

That just sounds like a random assessment that has no basis for facts. 

Trump was only popular in the very rural areas of California.  The people proposing this split know for a fact that when they would have six total senators representing all three states that four of them would be a guaranteed lock to be democrat. 

The only thing that would be a question is if the rural area would go conservative.  But even if they did It would be a wash. 

So they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. There is no doubt this is politically motivated 

I would be in more support of them becoming their own country and letting every illegal across the country migrate there. That makes a lot more sense for the betterment of the country 

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That just sounds like a random assessment that has no basis for facts. 

Trump was only popular in the very rural areas of California.  The people proposing this split know for a fact that when they would have six total senators representing all three states that four of them would be a guaranteed lock to be democrat. 

The only thing that would be a question is if the rural area would go conservative.  But even if they did It would be a wash. 

So they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. There is no doubt this is politically motivated 

I would be in more support of them becoming their own country and letting every illegal across the country migrate there. That makes a lot more sense for the betterment of the country 

Right now repub don't have electoral representation, they would have one if the state was broken up.  This is a way of breaking those electorates.

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Right now repub don't have electoral representation, they would have one if the state was broken up.  This is a way of breaking those electorates.

Right now they have 2 liberal and no conservatives. 

Splitting it would lock up 4 senators that are liberal and have a 50/50 shot of the other 2 being lib. 

So they have 2 and can get 6 without zero risk. Because if the rural state went conservative it would still be a wash with the other state. 

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Right now they have 2 liberal and no conservatives. 

Splitting it would lock up 4 senators that are liberal and have a 50/50 shot of the other 2 being lib. 

So they have 2 and can get 6 without zero risk. Because if the rural state went conservative it would still be a wash with the other state. 

I specifically talked to the electorate.  CA gets 55 electoral votes all of those are democratic.  They want to break those out so Repub can get some in a split state. 

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I specifically talked to the electorate.  CA gets 55 electoral votes all of those are democratic.  They want to break those out so Repub can get some in a split state. 

Trump won in a landslide electoral college vote. 304-227. 

Each California would have about 18 each. So 18 wouldn't of done nothing. Not even have made a dent. 

But 2-4 extra senators would make worlds of a difference. 

30 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Each California would have about 18 each. So 18 wouldn't of done nothing. Not even have made a dent. 

Not if those senators are republican.  Right now both senators are Dems. (CA hasn't had a republican senator since 1992) 4 of the 10 reps are republican.  They want to change the senatorial makeup.

51 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Enough already Chicken Little. California isn't breaking up (Fake News). Also the 435 members of the House of Representatives are reallacated every ten years according to the Federal Census count. California will have "more" of the 435 after the 2020 head count. Florida and Texas will have more too. Rust belt Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania less Representatives. And the last time any clown advocated a state leaving these United States, horses were the main mode of transportation and Old Abe was practicing law in Illinois..... I do agree, though not in my lifetime, that disenfranchised and left behind whites will talk of going to some north central Western state where like minded "American's" can dominate and rule a state legislature and bring back the good ole days. State border check points everywhere.

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Ask the Democrats who promise everything to blacks and other minorities.....LBJ Promised all the poor,"The Great Society"....with housing, jobs,healthcare, free lunch, day care, school books...... and like that...What did that do ???? It created places like Detroit,Baltimore,Chicago, New Orleans and other debacles of dispair and chaos....Now, the blame gamers come out of the woodwork and play the same shit But place the blame elsewhere....People themselves "must look in the mirror" to find their "shit" and take a page from Booker T Washington who warned blacks, "watch out for those among us who tell us to  "blame others for OUR TROUBLE" !!!!!   Guys on this board play this mantra all the time...

Only you and your Hater posse would be against the Head Start program for disadvantage toddlers, and free breakfast and lunch for poor public school students. LBJ also got Medicaid to millions who never had any kind of health care. And don't forget, Medicare for us old retired white guys too. Seeing that we are the wealthiest nation on earth, affordable health care should be a right to all US citizens. You and I, and others like us, pay a little for our fellow countrymen who have nothing.  You believe in God, right ?  What would he think ?

8 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Never hate, but want accountability before give a ways make more people more dependent on government.... yourself as I have been volunteering at the WPB VA and VA homes for years to help guys who have ZERO....The things I said are true,you know it and in the context of that post, it's right on target with examples..

Don't duck and weave on what I wrote.  Do we have any agreement ?

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

No duck...Yes, I do agree on assistance for those, "in true need"...However, we both know that abuses are rampant and far to many, " don't comply, but fly under the radar"of accountability...Far to many...Afforable healthcare, imo,is NOT A RIGHT, rather something the private sector should manage and we must also take care of ourselves and not become FAT.....LAZY......Smoke......and on and on......Healthcare is not a right and in a nation of 325 million where  so many pay nothing, is not viable ....The best healthcare has never been run by any government...

I agree with much of what you said. But lets don't stop there. Lets also go after the $950 military toilet seat. The dead beat shammers who take advantage of disability benefits, agricultural subsidies to multinational giants not to grow crops, bogus price supports, and other means of corporation welfare. Many young children need help regardless of whether their guardians are worth a damn or not. It pays dividends later on. Let's make no child left behind more then a few meaningless words.    

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

Only you and your Hater posse would be against the Head Start program for disadvantage toddlers, and free breakfast and lunch for poor public school students. LBJ also got Medicaid to millions who never had any kind of health care. And don't forget, Medicare for us old retired white guys too. Seeing that we are the wealthiest nation on earth, affordable health care should be a right to all US citizens. You and I, and others like us, pay a little for our fellow countrymen who have nothing.  You believe in God, right ?  What would he think ?

Can you point out in the founding documents of this country were it states that healthcare is a right???? Its not free breakfast it's on the taxpayers that are paying for that breakfast. 

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Furthermore, I think your a decent guy,but may not be as much of a "look in the mirror" type to find ones troubles as I am...The government is not the solution,individuala are....We have to many takers and not enough makers...

I know the "pull yourself up by your own boot strap" mantra. Problem is most of us regular white guys had help along the way that wasn't there for others. Had family that got me a summer time Union job at 18yrs. old. Could have entered most any apprenticeship building construction program straight out of high school from friends, family, neighbors, or on my looks. College was always my choice, my time. Minorities don't have the options, contacts, the in's. Sure laborer, concrete finisher, block mason. But rarely electrician, plumber, pipe fitter, equipment operator, surveyor, engineer, or supervisor. Same as many other things in life. I know life ain't fair and equal to all. But guys like you don't want to see that. You were going to make it anyway, right ? It's in your European DNA. Your two parent household. Your FAMILY VALUES. Substitute your mom for a crack head, you still make it ? Change your grandfather for an uneducated sharecropper, son of a slave, forbidden to read, with a great great grandmother sold off to the highest bidder. I'm ranting now. I can't help. Maybe you see my point, maybe you don't, or maybe you just don't give a shit. I don't hate anybody.......not even you, Drummer    

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Can you point out in the founding documents of this country were it states that healthcare is a right???? Its not free breakfast it's on the taxpayers that are paying for that breakfast. 

Come on 'fan, you want Americans dying in the street like Calcutta and Bangladesh ?  Children doomed to a pitiful existence by circumstance and no fault of their own ?  You don't believe that shit, do you ? 

3 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Enough already Chicken Little. California isn't breaking up (Fake News). Also the 435 members of the House of Representatives are reallacated every ten years according to the Federal Census count. California will have "more" of the 435 after the 2020 head count. Florida and Texas will have more too. Rust belt Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania less Representatives. And the last time any clown advocated a state leaving these United States, horses were the main mode of transportation and Old Abe was practicing law in Illinois..... I do agree, though not in my lifetime, that disenfranchised and left behind whites will talk of going to some north central Western state where like minded "American's" can dominate and rule a state legislature and bring back the good ole days. State border check points everywhere.

Actually California’s population growth trails the nation, and they may lose a seat with the next census.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

Come on 'fan, you want Americans dying in the street like Calcutta and Bangladesh ?  Children doomed to a pitiful existence by circumstance and no fault of their own ?  You don't believe that shit, do you ? 

You said it's a right....were does it say that it's a right....many people believe it's this right its not.....its a privilege. It's a privilege to have good medical coverage that comes with going to work and in this day and age paying towards it from out of your paycheck. Hospitals and such are dying because people go with no insurance and dont pay the bill. I am very much against people using our hospitals when they are not covered and dont have insurance. I equate it to going to a restaurant knowing you cant cover the bill at the end eating something and walking out. Our hospitals are handcuffed to treat people that cant afford to be there. 

5 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

You do know this kid currently does NOT have health insurance, right?

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You said it's a right....were does it say that it's a right....many people believe it's this right its not.....its a privilege. It's a privilege to have good medical coverage that comes with going to work and in this day and age paying towards it from out of your paycheck. Hospitals and such are dying because people go with no insurance and dont pay the bill. I am very much against people using our hospitals when they are not covered and dont have insurance. I equate it to going to a restaurant knowing you cant cover the bill at the end eating something and walking out. Our hospitals are handcuffed to treat people that cant afford to be there. 

OK, so where do they(sick) go ?