DLS Thread

Sammyswordsman

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Is there a way to get rid of him?

He's worse than dead weight. 

He's like vomit itself. 

If DLS beats the brakes off of Folsom, I think he may slither away back to the rock from which he slithered from under. 

If you have any secret plays that you think could help, I suggest emailing them to Coach Alumbaugh. xD

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can't wrap my head around the reasoning there. I did wonder if they made an adjustment to solve that later in the game or were they stuck on that scheme all night? 

I'd have to go back and watch, but I'm pretty sure they started the night like that, and I don't think they ever gave it up, which is weird, because DLS scored like 60 points that night. 

I don't get it either. It was very strange.

The only thing I can come up with is that maybe the coaching staff thought that their players could get a better look at where the ball might be if they lined up like that. But that itself doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

I'd have to go back and watch, but I'm pretty sure they started the night like that, and I don't think they ever gave it up, which is weird, because DLS scored like 60 points that night. 

I don't get it either. It was very strange.

The only thing I can come up with is that maybe the coaching staff thought that their players could get a better look at where the ball might be if they lined up like that. But that itself doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

Maybe they intended to give up the two yards to the rbs and then had faith their line backers had vision enough to be there and make you punt on fourth and four. Idk. 

I thought on it for a bit after seeing that video, but gave up.

There is a reason the veer doesn't fly here anymore. Fast, strong and very physical defensive lines that put their hats right on the nose of the ball. As soon as the line moves pop 'em. 

I'd love to see DLS bring that veer to somewhere in Georgia. I have to see if it's just that impossible to defend. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If DLS beats the brakes off of Folsom, I think he may slither away back to the rock from which he slithered from under. 

If you have any secret plays that you think could help, I suggest emailing them to Coach Alumbaugh. xD

Well, in the Euless Trinity game, the reverse just before halftime ended up as a TD for Trinity.

And then the double-pass on DLS's final drive landed harmlessly on the ground, even though the receiver was as wide open in the end zone as it's possible to be. 

So here's to hoping that DLS does to Folsom what they've usually done to spread teams in the past. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe they intended to give up the two yards to the rbs and then had faith their line backers had vision enough to be there and make you punt on fourth and four. Idk. 

I thought on it for a bit after seeing that video, but gave up.

There is a reason the veer doesn't fly here anymore. Fast, strong and very physical defensive lines that put their hats right on the nose of the ball. As soon as the line moves pop 'em. 

I'd love to see DLS bring that veer to somewhere in Georgia. I have to see if it's just that impossible to defend. 

That has been the kryptonite to DLS's veer, physical defensive lines.

But it's hard not to fall asleep on a play here or there, and DLS doesn't often give up.

Consider the St. Johns game from last year. St. Johns was crushing the veer until about halfway through the 3Q, and then DLS wound up with 35 points and the win.

And I don't think anybody could say either that that was a particularly good DLS team or that St. Johns defensive line wasn't very physical. 

• Like 2

That has been the kryptonite to DLS's veer, physical defensive lines.

But it's hard not to fall asleep on a play here or there, and DLS doesn't often give up.

Consider the St. Johns game from last year. St. Johns was crushing the veer until about halfway through the 3Q, and then DLS wound up with 35 points and the win.

And I don't think anybody could say either that that was particularly good DLS team or that St. Johns defensive line wasn't very physical. 

Oh no doubt. We've seen well run wing-ts and veers here. When they're run well, the games are bruising physical games. They will definitely sneak by you here and there. 

A fast paced offense that is also well ran, with that physical defense is the medicine that it takes to defeat clock eating powerful running teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh no doubt. We've seen well run wing-ts and veers here. When they're run well, the games are bruising physical games. They will definitely sneak by you here and there. 

A fast paced offense that is also well ran, with that physical defense is the medicine that it takes to defeat clock eating powerful running teams. 

I can't wait for the DLS-Colquitt game to happen, which I believe will happen someday, and in GA, and I'd fly out there for that one, and I'd be worried about that Packer defense, too. 

• Like 1

xD

Idk if the Colquitt one could ever happen, but it'd be awesome if it could. I'd suspect that an Atlanta team would be the most likely one to happen due to proximity to the airports. 

Too much kudzu to hack through to get to Moultrie. 

Right now we should all be concentrating and focusing all of our posi-thoughts toward DLS to help keep them focused and mean. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

xD

Idk if the Colquitt one could ever happen, but it'd be awesome if it could. I'd suspect that an Atlanta team would be the most likely one to happen due to proximity to the airports. 

Too much kudzu to hack through to get to Moultrie. 

Right now we should all be concentrating and focusing all of our posi-thoughts toward DLS to help keep them focused and mean. 

It would be so nice to pull up the website and not see 6 new threads on Folsom-DLS with the same content as the previous 12 threads on the same subject.

So posi-thoughts to DLS it is for now.

But why couldn't Colquitt host the Spartans in an arena near Atlanta? Would the Moultrie fans not make the trip? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Why not?

1. The game would never end.

2. DLS peeps would have a cardiac. 

3. Referees are not going to put themselves in that type of position. Just not going to happen. 

Although I rarely agree with @ECHS05 he makes a very good point about never coming set. DLS peeps think coming set is the hand coming to the ground. I tend to agree with @ECHS05 in that the hand and body are leaning forward the entire time, essentially diving into the defensive line before the ball is snapped. That is penalty no matter how you spin it. It is called every so often. But of the 60 percent of the time it happens, it is maybe called 5 percent of the time. 

And the argument of "why dont more teams do it then!?" Well this is fairly simple. Most teams don't get scholarships for the kids showcasing them in the veer. It would be a disservice for schools with highly touted athletes. 

But hey, its worked for DLS for this long- why stop? I dont blame them. 

10 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

3. Referees are not going to put themselves in that type of position. Just not going to happen. 

Although I rarely agree with @ECHS05 he makes a very good point about never coming set. DLS peeps think coming set is the hand coming to the ground. I tend to agree with @ECHS05 in that the hand and body are leaning forward the entire time, essentially diving into the defensive line before the ball is snapped. That is penalty no matter how you spin it. It is called every so often. But of the 60 percent of the time it happens, it is maybe called 5 percent of the time. 

And the argument of "why dont more teams do it then!?" Well this is fairly simple. Most teams don't get scholarships for the kids showcasing them in the veer. It would be a disservice for schools with highly touted athletes. 

This is ridiculous. 

The game would eventually end. It would end with DLS having given up several safeties after numerous 10 yard and half the distance to the goal penalties. That or they'd have to punt. 

I'd come more likely to accepting an argument that the refs are paid to not call this than the weird "they can't call it every play" argument.

They definitely could and should call it if it is in fact a penalty. 

Y'all need to get new or better refs if they aren't calling a penalty that is, as you say, recurring numerous times each game. 

Years this has been happening and for years and in different states with different officials etc. and it is always the same. 

Called when it is a penalty and allowed to go when it's not. 

• Like 2

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

This is ridiculous. 

The game would eventually end. It would end with DLS having given up several safeties after numerous 10 yard and half the distance to the goal penalties. That or they'd have to punt. 

I'd come more likely to accepting an argument that the refs are paid to not call this than the weird "they can't call it every play" argument.

They definitely could and should call it if it is in fact a penalty. 

Y'all need to get new or better refs if they aren't calling a penalty that is, as you say, recurring numerous times each game. 

Years this has been happening and for years and in different states with different officials etc. and it is always the same. 

Called when it is a penalty and allowed to go when it's not. 

Your argument is valid. However, when it football has a penalty that is a blatant penalty been called on EVERY PLAY to the point where the game may not end or is severely extended?

Never. 

34 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Your argument is valid. However, when it football has a penalty that is a blatant penalty been called on EVERY PLAY to the point where the game may not end or is severely extended?

Never. 

If at some point it is clear a team doesn't know or undersrand the false start rule, then I'd think it incumbent on the officials to call the game to an end and hand a copy of the rule book to the coaches. 

Not sure the way that could occur, but, I assume it could/should 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Peanut was a 4th string WR for East Cowetta Hs which has only 31 kids in team

Is he your best expert witness?

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If at some point it is clear a team doesn't know or undersrand the false start rule, then I'd think it incumbent on the officials to call the game to an end and hand a copy of the rule book to the coaches. 

Not sure the way that could occur, but, I assume it could/should 

Honest question- what is your opinion about the rolling start for DLS? You have seen the clips and footage shown. 

I am curious what your opinion is as a neutral 3rd party football fan. 

6 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Honest question- what is your opinion about the rolling start for DLS? You have seen the clips and footage shown. 

I am curious what your opinion is as a neutral 3rd party football fan. 

I think that I have seen it go a little early at times. 

They have done this the same way for years. Opinions of fans mean jack when it comes down to officiating. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not very, when it is blatant enough to call without super slo-mo and some guy from the losing team narrating to me what my opinion should be. 

xD  

I dont want to stay your opinion. I wanted to know what you thought since this topic has been brought up many times over the years. 

It's all banter anyways. Judgement day is just a few days away. 

5 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

@Blueliner why so quiet lately? I know you're here. 

Of course I’m here. You’ve trolled me (all of us) to the point, on both forums, that I’m actually kind of embarrassed to even post on this game anymore until after the game. The witching will be upon Folsom...and you....soon enough.

I’m “shocked” that To oto o is playing and is a 100%. Aren’t you? You did your perfect impersonation of being completely wrong...again. The 6-2 230 Torpedo will be wrecking havoc Friday. I’m glad that your evil little plan to get everyone riled up worked, because it’s the only satisfaction you’re going to get from all of this. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Of course I’m here. You’ve trolled me (all of us) to the point, on both forums, that I’m actually kind of embarrassed to even post on this game anymore until after the game. The witching will be upon Folsom...and you....soon enough.

I’m “shocked” that To oto o is playing and is a 100%. Aren’t you? You did your perfect impersonation of being completely wrong...again. The 6-2 230 Torpedo will be wrecking havoc Friday. I’m glad that your evil little plan to get everyone riled up worked, because it’s the only satisfaction you’re going to get from all of this. 

Hey big boy.

Glad to see you. 

He isn't 100 percent. Stop spewing garbage. But I agree he will probably play. He is a tough 916 Sacramento kid. 😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Agreed. Camden's Wing-T was pretty damn sweet. 

• Like 1