DLS Thread

Sammyswordsman

23 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I live in the Briggs Ranch neighborhood of Folsom to be exact. So yes I live there. 

I am at every game. I have told people many times how to find me at the games to include what I am wearing. Not one person has ever taken me up on this. Not one. 

Okay so in other words, you're just a fan. Which is fine. I'm just a fan as well. But don't act like you have any real connections to Folsom other than supporting the team. 

What will you be wearing at the DLS game? 

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

Okay so in other words, you're just a fan. Which is fine. I'm just a fan as well. But don't act like you have any real connections to Folsom other than supporting the team. 

Like I said, I have offered MANY times for people to come meet me at the games and see what my connection is. Apparently, we have a lot of forum creepers, because not one person has shown up.

I haven't picked out my wardrobe for next Friday, but be sure to remind and ask me again when it gets closer and I will tell you. I will even tell you EXACTLY where I am sitting. My guess is not one person will opt to come say hi, probably preferring to stream the game and try to zoom in instead like a stalker. 

On 8/7/2018 at 5:54 AM, ServiteTier6Irrelevant said:

Dear Members,

In regards to the false start argument, I agree with many of you that believe it is a false start and an advantage to DLS. They are able to beat a lot better teams with lesser talent by getting off the ball an entire second faster than everyone else, by not watching the ball, and lunging forward.

The call is as follows- DLS is guilty.  Look at the very first play of this video for reference. The entire line moves before the ball.

Here's a still image from the first play in your video.  Clearly, the ball is snapped and the line is barely starting their push.

image.png.5c316bc66ca32c69da5375574a7db463.png

Sorry, but you're quite wrong.

26 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Here's a still image from the first play in your video.  Clearly, the ball is snapped and the line is barely starting their push.

You can't move UNTIL THE BALL IS SNAPPED. DLS dudes are halfway into the D line already in this pic and the ball has just hit the hands of the QB!

Obvious!

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Was going to say the same thing.  We should meet up by the front entrance before kickoff to say wassup. Be fun to watch the game and talk smack on here at the same time.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

ROTFLMAO!!!!  Let him and others have their excuse practice prior to the game.  I tried telling one guy to watch them live, but he said he makes his own assessments. Lol. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

I can't remember the year, but DLS once won a D-I state title with a 5'7 190# center.

Every starting center from ‘09-‘12 was 190-something and DLS 4-peated 

none of them were 5’7” though 

their only D1 stRe title technically was ‘07 — a bit before my time 

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why is the d-line so far off the ball? Hell, they have given DLS a yard before the snap. Then the quick motion by the o-line gets at least another one or two. 

Hell if the rb can get 2 on top of that... no wonder nobody from over there can wrestle the title from them. 

Wow.

They are trying to compensate for the fact that they know they are starting way early and it wont get called every time. 

DLS dudes will tell you 190 pound lineman are winning based on superior technique. Total BS. Look at the video. 

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

They are trying to compensate for the fact that they know they are starting way early and it wont get called every time. 

DLS dudes will tell you 190 pound lineman are winning based on superior technique. Total BS. Look at the video. 

Compensating?

Get in tight and make them touch you before the ball is snapped. That'd get called right? At the minimum they have to earn that first yard. 

I can't believe the defense is giving up 2 yards before the ball is snapped. It's the most ridiculous set up I've seen. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Compensating?

Get in tight and make them touch you before the ball is snapped. That'd get called right? At the minimum they have to earn that first yard. 

I can't believe the defense is giving up 2 yards before the ball is snapped. It's the most ridiculous set up I've seen. 

They've been getting away with it forever. And the DLS guys will tell you its a thing of beauty lol

Different teams deal with the advantage differently

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

They've been getting away with it forever. And the DLS guys will tell you its a thing of beauty lol

Different teams deal with the advantage differently

It is a thing of beauty. Everything is timed so perfectly that the video creator had to slow it to slo-mo to show us the snap a milisecond after the o-line moves their hands to lunge. 

It's almost perfection and it took slo-mo to prove it wasn't 100% perfection. Let's call it 97% as the center's hand moves a millisecond after the rest of the line's hands move. It's probably as close as one can get to perfection. 

The defense on the other hand... whew. I bet the final score in that game was ugg...leee. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It is a thing of beauty. Everything is timed so perfectly that the video creator had to slow it to slo-mo to show us the snap a milisecond after the o-line moves their hands to lunge. 

It's almost perfection and it took slo-mo to prove it wasn't 100% perfection. Let's call it 97% as the center's hand moves a millisecond after the rest of the line's hands move. It's probably as close as one can get to perfection. 

The defense on the other hand... whew. I bet the final score in that game was ugg...leee. 

They DO get called for false starts pretty frequently. But the refs simply cant call it every time. 

I will also say it is pretty obvious even without slow motion in person. With that said, I seem to think it's an actually false start about 40 percent of the time if called correctly. 

On 8/7/2018 at 6:49 PM, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

@Sammyswordsman @The Colonel @The Comish @The Stache @BraceFace69 @DLS_Spartan @DLS350 @PrepGridiron @old_e @Rippers @Blueliner @Ararar @Wosinc @Pops @zulu1128 @ECHS05 @Bestcoast @Belly Bob @On2whls

Watching the DLS/Folsom game when Folsom is up with 2 min to go in the 4th...............................

frams.gif

It's funny you should say that.

Last week, I had a dream that DLS was down by 6 with 2 minutes left to go. Ashes were falling all around the field.

DLS broke a big a run and took it to Folsom's goal line with under 20 seconds left to play and with no timeouts. DLS lined up for what was likely the last play of the game. And then I woke up. 

But I felt good when I woke up, because I'm confident that DLS would punch it in. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 7:27 PM, AztecPadre said:

It's just a thing of beauty.  I remember when I first saw it live in person from the sidelines was in the late 90's and me and my homie snuck on to the sidelines.  We were just in aw. 

They never actually completely stop moving. Watch above... The DLS OL bends down, and starts leaning forward onto their hands, and then lunge forward using that momentum gained from the forward motion never actually getting set... Its pretty cheap. It should be stopped. They are literally never set, and thats why they get such a good push, plus it probably keeps their legs a bit more fresh than most as they never spend any time actually down having to hold a position. The rule needs to be change to 1.5 seconds COMPLETELY set, to stop teams taking advantage of little things like that.

I respect DLS more than I use to, but the whole OL thing is a cheap tactic/strategy.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 7:36 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Compensating?

That was weird when Cen10 did that. I think it was 2014. 

I don't think that Cen10 usually lines up so far off the line like that. I've never an explanation for why they did that that year in the state championship game. 

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

That was weird when Cen10 did that. I think it was 2014. 

I don't think that Cen10 usually lines up so far off the line like that. I've never an explanation for why they did that that year in the state championship game. 

I can't wrap my head around the reasoning there. I did wonder if they made an adjustment to solve that later in the game or were they stuck on that scheme all night?