Maryland/DC Thread

Sammyswordsman

On 10/29/2018 at 5:51 PM, MA Fan said:

Surprised to see that the Gonzaga-SJC game this week is at Gonzaga. Don't they usually play this at a larger neutral site?

Gonzaga’s “stadium” has incredible character.  I would argue it’s worth at least a td to them. Seats about a thousand but will have two thousand more standing on surrounding rooftops, fire escapes and brick walls encircling the field which is only a couple of blocks from the U. S. Capitol.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Gonzaga’s “stadium” has incredible character.  I would argue it’s worth at least a td to them. Seats about a thousand but will have two thousand more standing on surrounding rooftops, fire escapes and brick walls encircling the field which is only a couple of blocks from the U. S. Capitol.

Gotta arrive early to get a good spot along the fence on North Capitol Street.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, CODBEARD said:

God must really love football.. just saying  But he really really loves D1 scholarship players and nationally ranked coaches so I guess Heaven is what they are chasing,,hmmm   MNC=Keys to the pearly gates   ok I get it now 

don't believe me? look at the top 20 teams,, How many are religious schools?  how many used to be just ok at football before recruiting ?  Do the Catholic school football players even have to be Catholic?  hell do they even have to worship God? Whats the mission of the school again?

Bring the opposition to Jesus?

All I got for the moment.

BGW

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just getting ready for Carol City. Hopefully. 

That’d be a cool one to watch, but if CC were to wreck them they wouldn’t get any credit being that SFA hasn’t beaten anyone this year.  I’d still be cool with that matchup though.  I think SFA would be in over their heads though.

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Happens annually around the country. We had two similar incidents in NJ last season. Our sport is an emotional one. Stuff happens on and off the field. 

I am not trying to pick an argument but I disagree. This shouldn’t happen no matter how emotional. That’s unacceptable. Happened in our league 3 years ago both teams forfeited the game and the following week. We don’t see that in college hardly ever and the NFL. I can’t recall a full brawl since 2006 UM FIU game.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I agree it shouldn't happen, but it always does. SJR/PJ and Teaneck/Hackensack happened last season in NJ. Boys will be boys. And fans will be fans. 

You are right as a coach my opinion and we can all disagree it should be come down hard on ot to send a message that it isn’t ok. But it starts in youth league down here it is bad fights between fans all the time

• Like 1

SJC 34 Gonzaga 17

DeMatha 42 McNamara 14

SFA 69 Silver Oak 0

Spalding 28 MSJ 25 (MSJ was up 23-0 at halftime)

McDonogh 33 Gilman 8

Calvert Hall 58 Royal Imperial Collegiate 0

Landon 17 Episcopal 14

Georgetown Prep 35 St. Albans 14

So the MIAA teams are going to play some kind of tournament with the independent MD private school programs?

16 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

SJC leaning their weight on Gonzaga. Gonzaga is a year away from threatening and they will be very good. GC, needs to make a push this season since they’ll be young next season, but very talented next season. DeMatha a year away too, but could push SJC in the title game. 

Not so sure DM is a lock to beat GC next week 

4 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

lol Nick.. I just noticed your avatar is Gheorghe (Anaconda)  Mureșan.. funny story but probably TMI but what the hell I think its funny.. My buddy worked in DC for a company (wont say who or what) but somehow we got invited to a private party where there were Sixers there and Gheorghe was there and everybody was dancing and folks were being called into the circle to do whatever move they had. Well the Sixers guys started chanting anaconda anaconda.. well Gheorghe jumps in the ring whips out his snake and starts whipping it in circles .. lol my god he could knock someone out with that thing .. lol  I never felt so inadequate in my life...nor laughed so hard..

That’s hilarious. I’ve met him a few times briefly and I could see that happening. He’s a known legend off the court. 

• Like 1