Maryland/DC Thread

Sammyswordsman

SJC 42 McNamara 0

MSJ 49 Loyola 6

Calvert Hall 34 Gilman 24

Bullis 29 Riverdale Baptist 0

Went to the GZ-GC game...GC got a huge performance from the backup DB (Justin Jackson) who came in to cover Marshall from Gonzaga when Cam Hart limped off the field in the third quarter, he intercepted a jump ball in the end zone with GZ up 21-17 and then had the pick six to put GC up 31-21. GC might be "one-dimensional" on offense but they have played good teams and no one has been able to shut them down yet.

Both teams are very good but neither team has the array of explosive playmakers that SJC possesses. GC might be able to run the ball on SJC like CBC did, but they are going to have to dominate at the line to have a chance of stopping the Cadets offense.

• Like 3

Next week DMC plays GZ and GC plays SJC.   "Run" DMC also has GC and SJC  remaining. 

Like the invisible SJP vs. SFA game on Aug. 31, there was also another invisible game on the same day involving GC and Archbishop Spalding.    Both sides decided on a no decision result with Mother Nature ending the game with 2:57 left in the 4th qtr tied at 35.   

20 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Next week DMC plays GZ and GC plays SJC.   "Run" DMC also has GC and SJC  remaining. 

Like the invisible SJP vs. SFA game on Aug. 31, there was also another invisible game on the same day involving GC and Archbishop Spalding.    Both sides decided on a no decision result with Mother Nature ending the game with 2:57 left in the 4th qtr tied at 35.   

Yea sucks they couldn’t finish Spalding had the ball on the GC 35 when it was called because of lightning 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'm a WCAC fan but how do you play all but 3 minutes and it not count? That's a tie game to me. I bet both teams are counting the stats from the game.

4 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

I'm a WCAC fan but how do you play all but 3 minutes and it not count? That's a tie game to me. I bet both teams are counting the stats from the game.

Definitely a bummer to come that close to finishing and then call it a nice scrimmage basically and walk away with a no contest decision.  Some nice games coming up for you locals.   Will SJC-GC or DeMatha-GZ be live streamed this coming week?  

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Definitely a bummer to come that close to finishing and then call it a nice scrimmage basically and walk away with a no contest decision.  Some nice games coming up for you locals.   Will SJC-GC or DeMatha-GZ be live streamed this coming week?  

SJC-GC is on ESPN2 Friday at 8pm. Not sure about Gz- DeM.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 10:51 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Not invisible to Poggi

St Frances is 1-0.I am really proud of our team and coaches.The program has shown mental and emotional toughness everyday as it focused on the truth.Great young people with caring leadership!! I love our team.Thank you Christ The King for playing us in game two #SFAVSEVERYBODY

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The Geico Bowl has already been in contact w SFA about playing either MC or Carol City in late December. 

Would love to see Rick Ross High play SFA. I don't trust STA after the Miami Central game. 

If CC wins out it's a no brainer being that CC will have to beat MC twice who whooped STA. 

Even if CC loses the first game against MC but beats them in the playoffs en route to a 1 loss title year, you would still have to keep them over STA. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Also why does SFA jump over St Johns? Is SJC not allowed or something? 

St. John’s would handle SFA this season. SFA can’t pass against teams on their level. Last year, not so much, SFA was the better team. 

St. John’s will have a very tough time playing after the WCAC season is over. DeMatha has tried for football and basketball for years only to be shut down by the league immediately. It’s a weird situation because the basketball teams play in the Alhambra tournament after the WCAC’s and it’s been going on for years. Anything else gets shut down on spot. Might be time to bring Plank into a meeting and set the tone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

GEICO thing is stupid..Only "maybe" 8 high school athletic associations even allow teams to play after the season is done IE...when state or league championships are over.  call it a Turkey Bowl because that is what it is.. most kids are wrestling or hooping by then

There were some top teams in it. Florida teams have gone 4-1 in this event. Also 

Arizona 2-0

Maryland 1-0

Georgia 0-1 

Washington 0-2

Utah 0-3