Maryland/DC Thread

Sammyswordsman

20 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lee is ranked 25th-40th just in Florida. 

SFA is ranked 10th-25th in the entire world. 

Translation: blowout that Florida has to be on the wrong end of again 

pass

To me this all sounds like SFA tried to schedule a gimmie that ended up being half decent, and then decided, eh don't feel like playing them anymore.   

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Then why schedule in the first place?   Lee was the only team left on their schedule that was at least somewhat decent.   Dude check the rest of their schedule.  It's REALLY REALLY bad lol.    Lee is amazing in comparison. 

I asked Josh and twitter and that's what he said. He said SFA didn't want to travel after the hurricane impacted areas that they will have to travel through. I don't think SFA didn't want to come. 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I asked Josh and twitter and that's what he said. He said SFA didn't want to travel after the hurricane impacted areas that they will have to travel through. I don't think SFA didn't want to come. 

It looks like they are literally playing a bunch of ISOBrowards but from Canada.  I mean they probably won't/shouldn't get a post season game invite with that schedule.  

3 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

Word is SFA v Lee is not happening. Can anyone confirm? 

Artcle from the Jacksonville paper (scroll way down)

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180919/first-coast-varsity-weekly-bartram-trail-volleyball-readies-for-arizona

Generals head coach O.J. Small said Tuesday that the Maryland school, ranked fourth in the nation by MaxPreps, withdrew from the scheduled game Monday. Lee athletic director Rosalyn Bloxom-Johnson said St. Frances cited severe weather from Hurricane Florence in the Baltimore area.

The cancellation leaves Lee with a bye this week and a nine-game schedule.

Severe flooding from Florence would have complicated the journey for St. Frances. Because of the closure of sections of Interstate 95, the North Carolina Department of Transportation is redirecting southbound drivers around the flooded region via U.S. Highway 64 and Interstates 40 and 85, hundreds of miles to the west.

4 minutes ago, 11rover said:

So let me get this straight, this arrogant jacka** gets on ESPN and tells everyone how rich he is and all the money he has spent, but they are driving to FL and not flying?  That's a crock of S***., seems SFA did to Lee what they claimed all the MIAA teams did to them.   

Exactly.   They should go out of their way to play since they didn’t play last week and their schedule is falling through.  

35 minutes ago, 11rover said:

They've had close to 70 transfers over the past 3 years so no one has been there for a while. 

They are reaping what they sow. Instead of being with their original team they thought the grass was greener at some recruited up all star team, and they have only played one game since the season started and that was against a garbage team. 

Good analogy would be some guy leaving a good girl with a great personality for some better looking girl, but come to find out she had caked on makeup and she's a psycho path. Lol. 

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Just as an abstract thought. I think IMG has realized this National MNC chase and what they are doing has no money in it. Just looking at their schedule and knowing they have cut funding for OOS games also wouldn’t pay St Frances too come there and they rescudled that game. Just thinking but i am guessing they pull the plug on their National team in the near future. They will continue the training and camp aspect though. Just like other all star teams chasing MNC there just is no profit in it   It’s a money pit  which is why all Indy programs and so called National high school teams fall off  just an opinion 

Interesting take I can dig it.   

1 hour ago, MA Fan said:

Gonzaga 30 Peddie 20

DeMatha 27 Friendship Collegiate 18

Archbishop Wood 20 Archbishop Spalding 7

Good Counsel 55 Bishop Sullivan 0

Mount St. Joseph 49 Gilman 6

McDonogh 35 National Christian 18

Bullis 22 Quince Orchard 14

Very surprised by the Gonzaga and Spalding score. Every else SOP. Bad weeekend for MD/DC.

24 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Very surprised by the Gonzaga and Spalding score. Every else SOP. Bad weeekend for MD/DC.

24 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I agree wa surprised Gonzaga played that tight with Peddie. Has Wood gotnit together now with the new coach? 

Just now, Oldballcoach said:

I agree wa surprised Gonzaga played that tight with Peddie. Has Wood gotnit together now with the new coach? 

Who knows? I haven’t watched the 4 teams enough to know how the match ups would play out. I will say that Wood’s win over Spalding is a very good win. Spalding would win Maryland 4A. They are extremely well coached and that score is head scratching. 

Gonzaga may have been down after that rivalry game with Georgetown Prep. Probably not, but we’ll find out soon. The WCAC is going to be better than the movie Bloodsport this season: 

12 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

No reason for edit just a moron who's smart phone is smarter than him 

Yeah I saw that he blocked you. He was begging people to come over once he saw the old board shutting down now he posts at least once a week about following his rules on his board. He likes reminding everybody you are just a guest. Seems to be alittle weird.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, CODBEARD said:

YO Rover11   that twit from the Baltimore Sports and Life banned me for busting his balls for being a shill for the Baltimore Sun and talking about social issues in Baltimore.. WTF  the left just wants to silence common sense   Baltimore press is nothing more than propaganda.. USSR  

Dam he banned you for that, what a joke.  He didn't like the Dunn report and calling her our like that, but then says he had knowledge of the SFA situation.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

The Maryland/DC region has rocketed into National prominence over the past couple years with the emergence of private school "Super Teams".  This trend continues in 2018 as the Top Rated SFA begins the year in rarified air at an outrageous 92.7 rating.  The Panther feel they were cheated out of a potential marquee win vs. IMG in 2017 (due to a hurricane cancellation) and are determined to mow down the competition in 2018.  Despite suffering some key off season transfer losses, SFA figures to have enough horses to maintain the top spot in the area.

2017 hard luck team St. John's is coming off a very frustrating season which saw them dominating Calif powers DLS, and SJB, before succumbing late in both games.  Coach figures that lack of offseason conditioning was the cause and has been putting the Cadets through a brutal off season regimen to help survive what could be the toughest schedule in the Country.  A (4) game run which begins Aug. 31 at Hoover Al. and continues the following week with Miami Central (Fl), and ending with consecutive games vs. IMG (FL) and Ga. #1 Marietta.    If the Cadets emerge unscathed, they would lay claim to a national #1 ranking, heading into the second half of the year.

Cal Preps has it at:

St. Francis Academy   92.7

St. John's  87

Dematha 59.4

Goo Council  49.4

Gonzaga  47

WHEN was Merryetter #1 in ANYTHING other than Baketbol?

On 9/23/2018 at 7:18 PM, CODBEARD said:

Thank You Garden   I value my right to speak my mind whether that offends folks or not 

Codbeard, I must start my comment by saying forgive me.  I have a 30+ year close friend who was a Ranger in ‘Nam.  He has put up with me for a long, long time through both business and politics and sharing our own health issues and fears.

He is a huge Trump supporter and he would tell you that I have lost my way.

Still, I love the man and have watched him and his family grow over a third of a century.  We both will say the other is misdirected.

But at the end of the day we’ll stand side by side against the world.

I believe this board’s members will stand with us.

Even if one of us is wrong....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Jeez, what's happened to Sully? Smh

Graduated a lot of talent and some of their top players transferred back to public schools for their senior year. Coaching staff IMO is not going to beat anyone with inferior talent. Their schedule is scaled way back this year, with four Canadian teams and two in-state privates remaining. Why pay tuition to play against West Toronto Prep and Royal Imperial Collegiate? It was announced earlier this year that they would be rejoining their league for football by 2020, which will presumably be the end of their "national" aspirations.

Their league holding the rest of their athletic program hostage didn't help, but ultimately it's really hard to make a fully independent program work. Kids want to compete for championships, they want to be named all-conference and all-state, they want to play in front of big crowds and be written about in the newspaper. IMG can offer a unique enough experience to attract players (and truly compete for a national championship every year), but how many other schools have the resources? 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

OHSAA has ruled COF Academy is not a school also ruled the players can transfer back to their school mid season with no penalty. Wonder if St Frances and IMG still plays them but I also doubt there will be a team left by that time anyway

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20180925/ohsaa-cof-academy-no-longer-considered-academic-institution

On the plus side for SFA, Canada Prep showed up for their game in Chicago last week and actually played a full four quarters. OTOH beating one of the weakest teams in Illinois 25-12 probably isn't going to encourage them to make the trip to Baltimore.

This week's games:

SJC @ CBC MO

Life Christian VA @ St. Frances

Avalon @ DeMatha

Good Counsel @ Northwest

Carroll @ Gonzaga

Spalding @ McDonogh

Calvert Hall @ MSJ

Friendship Collegiate @ Aquinas NY

Avalon and Northwest are both undefeated but the WCAC teams are heavy favorites. Key matchups in the battle for the coveted MIAA runner-up trophy this weekend.

• Haha 1