2018 Tier Placement - Final

Sammyswordsman

Just now, Goldmember said:

They were winning 21-17 in the 4th quarter.

What you're saying is that a team with running clocks in all of their wins and who was winning 3/4 through their one loss can't possibly be ranked in the top 5.

This is simple human frailty.

You just have some irrational mental block.

Somehow you argue out of one side of your mouth that 2015 De La Salle "obliterated" their schedule (even though they only had 11 running clocks in 13 wins) and was the best team yet you don't see any way that 2018 STA could be in the top 5.

I look at final scores not scores at end of Q3

Did or did not STA lose by 16 to a 3-loss team?

btw, what's the running clock margin in FL?  A couple of your W's are < 35.

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Pops said:
  • SJB, MD, IMG, Carol City, SJC, CC -- 6 1-loss teams w/ a better loss and more quality wins
  • CQ, DLS -- undefeated with superior SOS
  • Colerain, Archbishop Hoban -- 2 OH undefeateds w comparable SOS
  • Northshore, Allen, Duncanville, Longview...... debatable, but here's 4 TX undefeateds that all have top 250 wins and are on

How does Carol City have a better loss? They lost by two scores and never led at any point.

You have got to drop this W and L obsession.

It makes you look even more silly than we all know that you are.

• Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, Pops said:

I think part of the disconnect is your lack of weight to Wins and Losses

Because there are far more accurate indicators of ability than Ws and Ls.

Especially if you're going to obsess over a single one of either.

You can continue to obsess over them but you'll continue to be wrong all the time.

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

There is an object to the game and a starting and finishing point.

If we judged teams based on the "object of the game" then North Little Rock and Valor Christian would be ranked ahead of Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.

But at least some people realize that Ws and Ls aren't the best indicators of ability.

• Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, Pops said:

I know I didn't phrase my first post on topic in form of question, but I was clearly seeking feedback from @Sammyswordsman as to his logic to include STA on same tier as SJB, MD, and IMG right now

The logic is very simple.

Those are the only other teams that have two running clocks against top 100 opponents.

And they all have one loss.

It seems to me that it would only be your personal bias that kept STA out of that company

• Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, Pops said:

To me, the potential answers  "they have a better roster" or "MC was really an aberration" or "they've just destroyed everyone else" -- just seems like a big pass to me based on name and I don't see an integrity issue

But you're a terrible evaluator and a known homer.

They've played 13 games, Pops.

They have 12 running clocks and one loss where they were winning in the 4th quarter.

It's not questionable that they are in somebody's tier 1.

• Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

But your criteria are silly and don't prove ability level.

Criteria are silly? Geez did you even pass at STA or did you go sleep with someone high up at the school to get the diploma 

It's amazing how someone who claims to know everything can't even get simple grammer correct 

40 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

But your criteria is silly and don't prove ability level.

FIFY

1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

you don't see any way that 2018 STA could be in the top 5.

Bc they aren't 

See anyone can play that game boyscout, they aren't top 5 because I said so

I put as much argument to prove it as you do on every post,  difference is you are pathetic and obsolete 

You hold no credibility anymore LMAO :D

41 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Criteria are silly? Geez did you even pass at STA or did you go sleep with someone high up at the school to get the diploma 

It's amazing how someone who claims to know everything can't even get simple grammer correct 

FIFY

Criteria is a plural, thus "are" is correct. 

If you consider criteria as a collective noun, "is" can also be used.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

FIFY

Actually “criteria” is a plural, therefore “are” is correct. Nice try though!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, badrouter said:

Columbia still in Tier 4, despite the playoff loss to a team that turned around and got blown out the next week. LOL. Troll, or are you just not paying attention?

Columbia is on the correct Tier.  I would also add Lee, Edgewater, and Hagarty to that Tier.

Columbia split with Lee. Lee lost to Edgewater.  Edgewater lost to Hagarty, and Hagerty lost to Lee.  A vicious circle.

Lakeland is border line Tier 4 but will stay in Tier 5 due to SOS until we see how then do next week.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Your tiers suck sammy.

Milton & Rome Tier 3.

That is all.

And not because Milton beat them but damn give Cardinal Gibbons some love...they just beat AHP by 28 points and are gonna coast into the FL 5A Finals.

Milton moved to Tier 4 same as Lowndes.  I don't see the argument for placing the both of them in Tier 3 with the likes of Folsom and the Ohio big boys.  Also placed CG in Tier 4