OT: HS track

golfaddict1

30 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Did you see the times from the Penn Relays?  Jamaica isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Bro.  If I took the top HS Sprinters from Tx and Fl.  Right now and put 4 of them together. I will assure you Jamaica would not dominate them.  No one is faster than Swartz at that age and we have others.  Niles, etc.  They might not be going anywhere but they will not be touching the U.S.   Watch going forward.  2yrs ago at the Great S.W. meet 4 TX HS kids ran a 39.2 :DAll under 18 not like Calabar with 19 yr olds.  No fear of them going fwd.  Fastest time ever ran by 4 HS kids in History.  All 18 and under.  Watch what they did to 2016 Jamaican's Kingston College who won the Penn Relays that same year with a Penn Relays record of 39.63 at that time.  Smoked EM.  3rd exchange was not good for Jamaica.  They still would not have beat TX.  TX and FL can run with them any year anywhere and any place with our best Sprinters.  Give me Swartz from FL and Barnes from Tx right now.   This would have been the 2nd fastest time ever in the Penn Relays. Kingston College had ran a 39.63 this same year a Penn Relays Record at the time. Until Calabar broke it in 2017 with 39.01Those 4 Texas kids had the fastest time ever ran in the Penn Relays :D .  Not recognized as a HS record due to Stacked team of HS Kids. 

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Bro.  If I took the top HS Sprinters from Tx and Fl.  Right now and put 4 of them together. I will assure you Jamaica would not dominate them.  No one is faster than Swartz at that age and we have others.  Niles, etc.  They might not be going anywhere but they will not be touching the U.S.   Watch going forward.  2yrs ago at the Great S.W. meet 4 TX HS kids ran a 39.2 :DAll under 18 not like Calabar with 19 yr olds.  No fear of them going fwd.  Fastest time ever ran by 4 HS kids in History.  All 18 and under.  Watch what they did to the 2016 Jamaican's Kingston College who won the Penn Relays that same year.  Smoked EM.

Now imagine what Jamaica would have did if they brought an A team to the Great Southwest  meet, and if you think that was the same team that ran at the Penn Relays, you are being silly.  Look at the Jamaica age group nationals.  They have speed demons from ages 10 to 18 on both the boys and girls side.  

Two years ago I told you that even though the number 1 4 x 100m time was from Texas, that team wouldn't beat Normans or Lyles teams heads up because they were both next level sprinters who no one in the country could touch those two at the high school level.

13 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Now imagine what Jamaica would have did if they brought an A team to the Great Southwest  meet, and if you think that was the same team that ran at the Penn Relays, you are being silly.  Look at the Jamaica age group nationals.  They have speed demons from ages 10 to 18 on both the boys and girls side.  

Two years ago I told you that even though the number 1 4 x 100m time was from Texas, that team wouldn't beat Normans or Lyles teams heads up because they were both next level sprinters who no one in the country could touch those two at the high school level.

It was their A-Team that was the Penn Relays champ who ran a 39.6 in May 2016 the fastest time ever ran in that event.  They were invited with the sole purpose of Texas challenging them.   Mentioning Lyles and Norman's is actually proving my Point.  Jamaica has fallen off at the top level.   Calabar is the Only Jamaicans in History to run faster than those Texas kids did in 2016.  39.23 is not going to be outdone by 4 kids anywhere including Jamaica.  That Calabar time of 39.01 might stand forever at that level.  No 4 USA Kids are gonna break 39.23.  That is incredible time.

Calabar ran a 36.57 this year proving just how fast those 4 Tx HS kids were.  What A team could they bring.  Kingston was the A-Team that year and got smoked.

That same meet in 2016 the Fastest Jamaican met head up with the Tx 100m Champ.  Look at the results.

Boys 100 Meters finals 2016 Great SW Meet

1. Shivnarine Smalling   Newell Comprehensive High School, JA  10.08   3.0

2.  Jace  Comick            Atascocita, TX, HS                                        10.09   3.0

3. Maxwell Willis          Archbishop Carroll HS (DC)                           10.35   3.0

4. Trevin Chambers        Desoto, TX HS                                               10.46   3.0

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

It was their A-Team that was the Penn Relays champ who ran a 39.6 in May 2016 the fastest time ever ran in that event.  They were invited with the sole purpose of Texas challenging them.   Mentioning Lyles and Norman's is actually proving my Point.  Jamaica has fallen off at the top level.   Calabar is the Only Jamaicans in History to run faster than those Texas kids did in 2016.  39.23 is not going to be outdone by 4 kids anywhere including Jamaica.  That Calabar time of 39.01 might stand forever at that level.  No 4 USA Kids are gonna break 39.23.  That is incredible time.

That same meet in 2016 the Fastest Jamaican met head up with the Tx 100m Champ.  Look at the results.

Boys 100 Meters finals 2016 Great SW Meet

1. Shivnarine Smalling   Newell Comprehensive High School, JA  10.08   3.0

2.  Jace  Comick            Atascocita, TX, HS                                        10.09   3.0

3. Maxwell Willis          Archbishop Carroll HS (DC)                           10.35   3.0

4. Trevin Chambers        Desoto, TX HS                                               10.46   3.0

No you are missing the point.  You are comparing a team specifically put together to run a fast time against a high school who didn't even bring their A team.  Now imagine if all of the Jamaica high schools sent their best sprinters to the event.  I'm talking Calabar, St. Jago, Wolmer, Kingston etc.  They are going to go under 39.  Another point is the Jamaica HS routinely have teams go under 40.  How often do the US schools go under 40?

All time Penn Relays HS Record.  This is their A-Teams:  Texas proved what I have been saying they are no faster than TX and FL and proved it by Smoking them head up.  What's funny Ft. Wyatt would be 5th on that List and Port Aurthur Memorial with a 39.80 would be the 6th Fastest time ever ran at the Penn Relays.   .  39.23 is the 2nd fastest time ever ran in the Penn Relays. 

Penn Relays Top 10

:39.00 Calabar (JAM) 2017

:39.63 Calabar (JAM) 2015

:39.63 Kingston College (JAM) 2016:  Got smoked by TX HS Kids in Great S.W. Meet with a 39.23

:39.72 Jamaica College  (JAM) 2014

:39.74 Kingston College (JAM) 2017

:39.78 Wolmer's Boys (JAM) 2010

:39.85 Calabar (JAM) 2014 :39.89

Calabar (JAM) 2016 :39.89 St. Jago (JAM) 2015 :39.91

Calabar (JAM) 2009 :39.91

Just now, nptb17 said:

No you are missing the point.  You are comparing a team specifically put together to run a fast time against a high school who didn't even bring their A team.  Now imagine if all of the Jamaica high schools sent their best sprinters to the event.  I'm talking Calabar, St. Jago, Wolmer, Kingston etc.  They are going to go under 39.  Another point is the Jamaica HS routinely have teams go under 40.  How often do the US schools go under 40?

I am not missing the Point. They can't put 4 kids together at that level to run any faster.  They are not going to be running in the 38's with those kids and neither are the kids form Tx and FL and I don't care how you mix them. They have only 2-3 teams that run under 40 and not routinely.  That is a misconception.  Calabar, Kingston and St Jago.  The rest are nothing not seen here in TX.

13 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I will prove it look at their Penn Relays results.  Since that is what gets people Giddy.  I follow it each year to point out they are no better than TX and FL with Speed.  They also have 19 year olds on the 3 elite teams. So yes they are stacking teams.

I will assure you the Texas State Finals will be just as impressive with Calabar's 39.51 the exception.  

Tx and FL can run with them with our Fastest HS.

2017  Penn Relays Results PL School/Affiliation   Mark Athletes

1 Calabar  (Kingston, JAM) 39.51

Rosean Young, Christopher Wilson, Tyreke Wilson, Dejour Russell

2  Kingston College  (East Kingston, JAM) 40.13

Yashaun Hamilton, Roshaun Rowe, Jhevaughn Matherson, Dashawn Morris

3 Jamaica College  (Kingston, JAM) 40.47

Chislon Gordon, Rahiem Robertson, Michali Everett, Malik Shepherd

4 Papine  (Kingston, JAM) 40.86

D'Mitre Wilson, Lance Muir, Maurice Thompson, Chad Jones

5 St. Jago  (St. Catherine, JAM)  40.88

Daniels Chambers, Bryan Smith, Javari Thomas, Kavian Kerr

6 DeMatha Catholic  (Hyattsville, MD) 41.36

Damon Green, Brendon Stewart, Nick Cross, Naim Muhammad

7 St. Augustine’s  (Nassau, BAH) 41.41

Lowell Bethel, Joel Johnson, Raymond Oriaki, Adrian Curry

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

All time Penn Relays HS Record.  This is their A-Teams:  Texas proved what I have been saying they are no faster than TX and FL and proved it by Smoking them head up.  What's funny Ft. Wyatt would be 5th on that List and Port Aurthur Memorial with a 39.80 would be the 6th Fastest time ever ran at the Penn Relays.   .  39.23 is the 2nd fastest time ever ran in the Penn Relays. 

Penn Relays Top 10

:39.00 Calabar (JAM) 2017

:39.63 Calabar (JAM) 2015

:39.63 Kingston College (JAM) 2016:  Got smoked by TX HS Kids in Great S.W. Meet with a 39.23

:39.72 Jamaica College  (JAM) 2014

:39.74 Kingston College (JAM) 2017

:39.78 Wolmer's Boys (JAM) 2010

:39.85 Calabar (JAM) 2014 :39.89

Calabar (JAM) 2016 :39.89 St. Jago (JAM) 2015 :39.91

Calabar (JAM) 2009 :39.91

That seems like routine to me if it's happening every year.  

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

That seems like routine to me if it's happening every year.  

By the same team Calabar.  They are no more special than TX and FL.  If you go look at those Penn Relays results over the last decade  you wouldn't be that impressed I will assure you.  Most of their squads are running in the high 41's. 

I wish Bishop Dunne would stack their team here with 4 DFW kids xD as a Private School

13 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I am not missing the Point. They can't put 4 kids together at that level to run any faster.  They are not going to be running in the 38's with those kids and neither are the kids form Tx and FL and I don't care how you mix them. They have only 2-3 teams that run under 40 and not routinely.  That is a misconception.  Calabar, Kingston and St Jago.  The rest are nothing not seen here in TX.

Watch what their times will be in the Jamaica Nationals.  And they routinely have 2 to 3 more teams more than the US going under 40 in a nation of 4 million people.  You do the math.

11 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Watch what their times will be in the Jamaica Nationals.  And they routinely have 2 to 3 more teams more than the US going under 40 in a nation of 4 million people.  You do the math.

They bring about 15 teams to the Penn Relays each year.  And only those 3 I mentioned are special.  You do the Math no matter how you slice it they are not better than TX and Fl with Speed.  They have 3 stacked teams with 19 year olds mixed in.  Do the same here.  Apples to Apples they are not better and Tx Smashed their 2016 Penn Relays Champ Head up.   And I mean smashed them. xD I know this when they got a chance to prove it they got smoked.  Though they out ran all the other teams on the Track that day except TX A with 4 HS kIds.  I see all their Penn Relay results.  They send over about 15 teams and they are not faster than TX and FL except those 3 stacked ones. That's a fact.   That's like Claiming Nevada has better Football because B.G. smacked Cedar Hill.  I'm sure Va,. could Stack a team and come compete for the Texas 6A 4X100 Championship.

The penn Relays have about 40 4x100 division. Jamaica runs in the Large School, Small School, American Champship and 2 others.   They are nothing special.  Hell I could send the TX 4A champ and beat their

They bring about 15 teams to the Penn Relays each year.  And only those 3 I mentioned are special.  You do the Math no matter how you slice it they are not better than TX and Fl with Speed.  They have 3 stacked teams with 19 year olds mixed in.  Do the same here.  Apples to Apples they are not better and Tx Smashed their 2016 Penn Relays Champ Head up.   And I mean smashed them. xD I know this when they got a chance to prove it they got smoked.  Though they out ran all the other teams on the Track that day except TX A with 4 HS kIds.  I see all their Penn Relay results.  They send over about 15 teams and they are not faster than TX and FL except those 3 stacked ones. That's a fact.   That's like Claiming Nevada has better Football because B.G. smacked Cedar Hill.  I'm sure Va,. could Stack a team and come compete for the Texas 6A 4X100 Championship.

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I knew the excuse of them having 19 year olds would come into play which is not a fact.  Just like in the US they have kids turn 19 in the same year running.  Also what happens to all these Texas Speed demons at that National level?  They somehow fall off the map.  I want kids running for the US who are fast all over the globe.  These Jamaican kids are flying from Jamaica to Pennsylvania and putting up college times.  Cold hard facts.

here are the times fo

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I knew the excuse of them having 19 year olds would come into play which is not a fact.  Just like in the US they have kids turn 19 in the same year running.  Also what happens to all these Texas Speed demons at that National level?  They somehow fall off the map.  I want kids running for the US who are fast all over the globe.  These Jamaican kids are flying from Jamaica to Pennsylvania and putting up college times.  Cold hard facts.

Look at this.  Here are all of their Elite Teams that ran 2018 Penn Relays against the Elite HS USA teams in the N.E. including Va.  The top 9 times Make it to the COA 4x100 Championship. 

The top USA teams that ran in the National 4x100 Champioship.  USA Teams that didn't qualify for the Championship of America 4x100

1  L.C. Bird  (Chesterfield, VA)  41.92  

2  Calvert Hall College  (Baltimore, MD)  41.93    

3  Hayfield  (Alexandria, VA)  42.03  

4  Western Branch  (Chesapeake, VA)  42.05  

5  St. Stephen's & St. Agnes  (Alexandria, VA)  42.14  

This race will feature the nine fastest Northeast teams which did not qualify for the Championship of America race.

Northeast constitutes the six New England states plus Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.

1  Uniondale  (Uniondale, NY)  41.59      

2  Harry S Truman  (Levittown, PA)  41.59      

3  Cardinal Hayes  (Bronx, NY)  41.76      

4  Wilson  (West Lawn, PA)  42.18      

5  Coatesville  (Coatesville, PA)  42.40   

High School Boys' 4x100 International.   This race will feature the nine fastest international teams

which did not qualify for the Championship of America race.  TX 4A is faster

1  Wolmer's Boys  (Kingston, JAM)  41.06   

2  Christ Church  (Christ Church, BAR)  41.82   

3  Queen's Royal Coll  (Port of Spain, TRI)  42.01   

4  Rhodes Hall  (Lucea, Hanover, JAM)  42.13      

5  St. Catherine  (St. Catherine, JAM)  42. 63

6  Ardenne  (Kingston, JAM)  42.88   

7  Bridgeport  (St. Catherine, JAM)  42.90   

8  Herbert Morrison  (Montego Bay, JAM)  43.12   

9  Thousand Islands  (Brockville, ONT)  43.17     

High School Boys' 4x100 Championship of America

1  Calabar  (Kingston, JAM)  39.51 

2  Kingston College  (East Kingston, JAM)  40.13  

3  Jamaica College  (Kingston, JAM)  40.47  

4  Papine  (Kingston, JAM)  40.86 

5  St. Jago  (St. Catherine, JAM)  40.88  

6  DeMatha Catholic  (Hyattsville, MD)  41.36    

7  St. Augustine’s  (Nassau, BAH)  41.41  

St. Elizabeth Tech  (Santa Cruz, JAM)  DNF  

16 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Jamaica school champ finals earlier this year.  

25A8E9CA-7D6C-4DD8-B601-C200C2DEC0DA.png

There will be few 41's in TX 5A and 6A State Championships with 18 year old kids from the same town.  And I there could be a sub 40.00 as well.  Calabar is the exception and we all know why Excelsior High School is a co-educational high school for boys and girls between the ages of 11 and 20 and Calabar has 19 years old in the 13th Grade. 9_9

13 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thanks golf!!  I need you to put up the previous 5 years as well.  Calabar also has a 39.17 on the year.  Forget the Penn Relays.  Compare these times against any other states state championships.  And I bet you there are 8 to 12 kids from these teams we'll be hearing about the next 10 years.

There will be few 41's in TX 5A and 6A with 18 year old kids from the same town.  And I there could be a sub 40.00 as well.  Calabar is the exception and we all know why Excelsior High School is a co-educational high school for boys and girls between the ages of 11 and 20

I'm sure there will be no 19 year olds running at the TX state championships😉

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Texas HS 4X100 (2018) 9_9. You know it's a blink in the 4x100 and TX can run with them. And there are a few other 40's.  Believe me a Sub 40 is very possibly in 2 weeks in Austin in 5A and 6A.

TEXAS IS CLOSER TO JAMAICA THAN THE REST OF AMERICA IS TOO TEXAS.  Your honor the defense rests. :ph34r:

40.40 Port Arthur Memorial

40.49 Katy Seven Lakes

40.50 Conroe The Woodlands

40.54 DeSoto

40.68 Cedar Hill

40.69 Tyler John Tyler

40.71 F.B Marshall

40.81 Cypress Ridge

40.93 Mansfield Legacy

Event 15 Boys 14-15 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS ===================================================================================== Sponsor: GRACE Meet Record: R 20.80 17/3/2016 Christopher Taylor, Calabar Meet Record: R 20.80 17/3/2016 Christopher Taylor, Calabar Name Year School Semis Finals Wind Points ===================================================================================== Finals 1 Antonio Watson Petersfield High 21.51 20.90 1.2 9 2 Sachin Dennis Steths 20.99 20.95 1.2 7 3 Zidane Brown Glenmuir High 21.37 21.14 1.2 6 4 Javari Thomas St. Jago High 21.28 21.14 1.2 5 5 Andre Bent William Knibb 21.38 21.44 1.2 4 6 Daniel Chambers St. Jago High 21.67 21.58 1.2 3 7 Raheim Scott Rusea's High 21.46 21.62 1.2 2 -- Rajay Morris Clarendon College 21.40 DQ 1.2 IAAF RULE 163.3A 

Read more: 2018 ISSA Athletics Championships - info/results - 03/20/18 

14 to 15 year old boys.  Jamaica is going to be all right.

Event 27 Boys 10-13 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS ===================================================================================== Sponsor: LUCOZADE Meet Record: R 10.79 23/3/2018 Bouwahjgie Nkrumie, KC Name Year School Semis Finals Wind Points ===================================================================================== Finals 1 Bouwahjgie Nkrumie Kingston College 11.30 10.79R 0.6 9 2 Adrian Kerr Kingston College 11.21 10.81 0.6 7 3 David Lynch Calabar High 11.24 11.08 0.6 6 4 Roshane Mcleod Steths 11.26 11.12 0.6 5 5 Elado Coltas Calabar High 11.36 11.27 0.6 4 6 Krishaun Corrodus Jamaica College 11.31 11.30 0.6 3 7 Jalan Bennett Camperdown High 11.43 11.32 0.6 2 8 Rajaun Watson Manchester High 11.62 11.69 0.6 1 

When does Jamaica start to fall off?

22 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Event 27 Boys 10-13 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS ===================================================================================== Sponsor: LUCOZADE Meet Record: R 10.79 23/3/2018 Bouwahjgie Nkrumie, KC Name Year School Semis Finals Wind Points ===================================================================================== Finals 1 Bouwahjgie Nkrumie Kingston College 11.30 10.79R 0.6 9 2 Adrian Kerr Kingston College 11.21 10.81 0.6 7 3 David Lynch Calabar High 11.24 11.08 0.6 6 4 Roshane Mcleod Steths 11.26 11.12 0.6 5 5 Elado Coltas Calabar High 11.36 11.27 0.6 4 6 Krishaun Corrodus Jamaica College 11.31 11.30 0.6 3 7 Jalan Bennett Camperdown High 11.43 11.32 0.6 2 8 Rajaun Watson Manchester High 11.62 11.69 0.6 1 

When does Jamaica start to fall off?

They will not be hanging with the USA.  They are incredible. No doubt. But them hanging with us will no longer be the case.  Our young Talent is better than theirs now and getting better.  They better worry about Japan.    USA is getting ready to dominate for the next decade.

Texas all-star team's 39.20 in 2016 was with two 17 year olds and two 18 year olds at over 5300 feet above sea level in New Mexico and no doubt they killed it and spanked KC from Jamaica... 

Tyreke WIlson 17, Christopher Taylor 17, Michael Stephens  16 and Dejour Russell 17  ran 39 flat for Calabar last year at under 40 feet above sea level in Philly.    Had this foursome raced in NM last year you'd see 38. something most likely.  

Just putting some non age 19 Calabar discussion here.    

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

They will not be hanging with the USA.  They are incredible. No doubt. But them hanging with us will no longer be the case.  Our young Talent is better than theirs now and getting better.  They better worry about Japan.    USA is getting ready to dominate for the next decade.

By the way I can talk track with you all day because we always talk like man with out that silly name calling, that a lot on here resort to.

• Like 1