According to the Computer: CA #1

RedZone

22 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

When you guys talk about computer polls why do you always single out CalPreps? There are three computer polls:

# of teams per state in top50:

Capture.PNG.cf83dac8ca59de545aec9926a6d36814.PNG

Great post. Look how consistent everything is.... well until you get to GA. There you can see the folly of the "Opie Bump."

Do a top 100, I would bet the "Opie Bump" is even more obvious. 

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

According to Calpreps "foolsum" would be #1 in Texas.

That's how absolutely absurd those CA ratings are 

I just proved to you that your OP was a fraudulent statement because you don’t understand that if you have 2 EQUAL areas but you measured strength by top 50 teams, the team that only has to include their top 4.5% will be higher than one that has to include their top 17% (and even that diluted the population difference since that ~ 4:1 ratio is < half the population ratio

Are we clear in that?

as to Folsom, I think they’re a bit overrated at Cp for the moment but maybe not.  I also don’t think they’d be the best team in TX but maybe they would.  They lost by 14 to a top 10ish team in a game they could have won and just beat a top 10 socal team by 35 AFTER allowing them to score last 3 TDs of game against deep reserves

i think Folsom would be a top 5 team in TX so #1 is not outlandish but, again, think they’re a little wivercooked right now and their SOS is not going to keep them so high at end of season (but may be what’s contributing to their spot relative to TX to this point)

I ULab one of most curious placements in Cp’s Top 25 (which again, would swear over for another month) — they’re ranked #9, 1 spot better than DLS with this combined resume (by opponents rank)

DLS  beat #12 by 14

DLS  Beat #147 by 18

DLS  beat #284 by 28

ULab beat #620 by 28

DLS  beat #913 by 42

ULab. beat #1612 by 29

i don’t fet how ULab is top 10 on that resume which clearly pales in every respect (SOS, MOV, #games) to the team directly below them 

I haven’t brought that up because I don’t sweat Cp for another month but since you’re complaining.....

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

When you guys talk about computer polls why do you always single out CalPreps? There are three computer polls:

# of teams per state in top50:

Capture.PNG.cf83dac8ca59de545aec9926a6d36814.PNG

CP has more longevity and bona fides than  either of others (specifically for hsfb with Massey that otherwise is better know as a college sports rating system) 

more importantly, they include about 140x more teams than hsfb and Massey doesn’t have nearly as convenient if interpretive database

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

CP has more longevity and bona fides than  either of others (specifically for hsfb with Massey that otherwise is better know as a college sports rating system) 

more importantly, they include about 140x more teams than hsfb and Massey doesn’t have nearly as convenient if interpretive database

I think you missed my point Pops. People like to rail on CalPreps being biased in favor of CA because of the name but ignore the fact that the HSFBA and Massey algorithms also rate CA teams similarly.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I think you missed my point Pops. People like to rail on CalPreps being biased in favor of CA because of the name but ignore the fact that the HSFBA and Massey algorithms also rate CA teams similarly.

Gotcha

have made rue same point many times 

this is before fisher but Massey also was awarding their MNC to the same CA teams  (DLS and SJB) 

CP didn’t award their MNC to a CA team in their first 9 years, but then CA gets a few that are also awarded by the Tennessee computer and everyone makes accusations of bias 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pops said:

Gotcha

have made rue same point many times 

this is before fisher but Massey also was awarding their MNC to the same CA teams  (DLS and SJB) 

CP didn’t award their MNC to a CA team in their first 9 years, but then CA gets a few that are also awarded by the Tennessee computer and everyone makes accusations of bias 

You gotta realize pops, everybody wants to be us, but can't, so they resort to anything and everything to try and bring us down.  Kind of like bullies who pick on kids.  They do that to hide their own deficiencies. LOL!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I just proved to you that your OP was a fraudulent statement because you don’t understand that if you have 2 EQUAL areas but you measured strength by top 50 teams, the team that only has to include their top 4.5% will be higher than one that has to include their top 17% (and even that diluted the population difference since that ~ 4:1 ratio is < half the population ratio

Are we clear in that?

as to Folsom, I think they’re a bit overrated at Cp for the moment but maybe not.  I also don’t think they’d be the best team in TX but maybe they would.  They lost by 14 to a top 10ish team in a game they could have won and just beat a top 10 socal team by 35 AFTER allowing them to score last 3 TDs of game against deep reserves

i think Folsom would be a top 5 team in TX so #1 is not outlandish but, again, think they’re a little wivercooked right now and their SOS is not going to keep them so high at end of season (but may be what’s contributing to their spot relative to TX to this point)

I ULab one of most curious placements in Cp’s Top 25 (which again, would swear over for another month) — they’re ranked #9, 1 spot better than DLS with this combined resume (by opponents rank)

DLS  beat #12 by 14

DLS  Beat #147 by 18

DLS  beat #284 by 28

ULab beat #620 by 28

DLS  beat #913 by 42

ULab. beat #1612 by 29

i don’t fet how ULab is top 10 on that resume which clearly pales in every respect (SOS, MOV, #games) to the team directly below them 

I haven’t brought that up because I don’t sweat Cp for another month but since you’re complaining.....

That's interesting.  Because I think Folsom is a top 5 team in CA, so #1 in Cali is not outlandish either.

Just giving you a different perspective  😲

7 minutes ago, ohio said:

That's interesting.  Because I think Folsom is a top 5 team in CA, so #1 in Cali is not outlandish either.

Except that they've already lost to someone ranked higher in CA.  Last I checked, they haven't against anyone from Texas.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Are we clear in that?

DLS  beat #12 by 14

DLS  Beat #147 by 18

DLS  beat #284 by 28

ULab beat #620 by 28

DLS  beat #913 by 42

ULab. beat #1612 by 29

I guess the reason ulab is ahead of DLS is all because of the starting ranking. Had both teams started with a rating of 50 DLS would be ahead.guess it will all work out in the wash though

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

You gotta realize pops, everybody wants to be us, but can't, so they resort to anything and everything to try and bring us down.  Kind of like bullies who pick on kids.  They do that to hide their own deficiencies. LOL!!

I get it — hard to blame them 

59 minutes ago, ohio said:

Totally get it 

the difference is CA has the #1 and #2 teams in the country that may be 3TDs+ better than any team outside of maybe IMG and SJC (2 other completely ‘roided our roster academy-esque teams)

i think DLS, CC, and Folsom all capable of beating top 5 in TX and vice versa — those two guys at a different level imho (as well as the humble opinion of many)

21 minutes ago, Pops said:

Totally get it 

the difference is CA has the #1 and #2 teams in the country that may be 3TDs+ better than any team outside of maybe IMG and SJC (2 other completely ‘roided our roster academy-esque teams)

i think DLS, CC, and Folsom all capable of beating top 5 in TX and vice versa — those two guys at a different level imho (as well as the humble opinion of many)

To date, SJB has not proven anything. They were gifted that ranking.

They very well could be, but as of today SJB has one of the weakest SoS out of all Top 25 teams.

Now you see why starting positions at Calpreps is so important.

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

Totally get it 

You could be right, also could be wrong.  There is a chance that Folsom could be a top 5 there, but could also lose to Aledo as well.

My take on Texas is that they are a power state, which has schools with large enrollments and many D1 players.  One shouldn't assume that since they don't play OOS that their teams aren't top notch, as powerhouse and state champ DLS found out.

2 minutes ago, ohio said:

You could be right, also could be wrong.  There is a chance that Folsom could be a top 5 there, but could also lose to Aledo as well.

My take on Texas is that they are a power state, which has schools with large enrollments and many D1 players.  One shouldn't assume that since they don't play OOS that their teams aren't top notch, as powerhouse and state champ DLS found out.

That's funny... isn't that what most people have been complaining about Folsom?

No one is assuming anything... but it does go to show that at some point, just claiming something doesn't mean you won't have to prove it at some point.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Are we clear in that?

DLS  beat #12 by 14

DLS  Beat #147 by 18

DLS  beat #284 by 28

ULab beat #620 by 28

DLS  beat #913 by 42

ULab. beat #1612 by 29

Huh?

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

To date, SJB has not proven anything. They were gifted that ranking.

They very well could be, but as of today SJB has one of the weakest SoS out of all Top 25 teams.

Now you see why starting positions at Calpreps is so important.

mist teams at this point have gifted rankings 

I agree they haven’t challenged kthemselves but every opponent they’ve played so far is better than anyone CQ will face all year (I saw Grayson-BC)

CP clearly has GA starting positions too high — mceachern came in ranked #135 or something, they lose to you guys by 34, beat cedar grove by 7, then beat #5,347 and now are #55.  WTF!  SJB could add up the final rankings if all 16 opponents and nit get halfway to 5,347

Hope you see now how trying to be peanut’s toady will lead you down a path of mockery and derision 

3 hours ago, ohio said:

Again, I understand and of course, these are all opinions

But now you’re putting words in my mouth — did I say TX didn’t have top teams?   I have said recently, they should have more top 100 teams than anyone

there is a difference (this year more than ever) between 2-4 Tier One teams (which I don’t believe TX has this year) and evveryone else but I’d be much more inclusive on criteria for “top notch” (ie I’d easily include TX top 5 at same level as DLS-Cc-Folsom).  Then again, I’m not sure BG isn’t on same level and they lost 42-0 to MD

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Its interesting... 

Texas has Allen at #13, but after that their #2 team is at 42.

13. Allen

42. North Shore

43. Longview

46. Lake Travis

48. Aledo

69. Trinity Christian

73. Prestonwood Christian (beat GAC GA 13-7)

74. Newton

81. Highland Park

97. Euless Trinity 

98. Katy

This is all 100% Bogus.  It makes me sick that anyone would try to tell the world that Newton, Prestonwood, and Trinity Christian are top 11 teams in the state of Texas.