USA Today No. 23 Dutch Fork (SC)

DFSilverfox

16 minutes ago, DFSilverfox said:

It’s hard to be ranked nationally when your schedule is filled with barely top 5000 ranked teams 

To Be the Best You Gotta Play The Best

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Solid program. Unfortunately without a quality win over a relevant OOS team, they prolly won't be able to crack the Top 15 going fwd. Coach Knotts really needs to start scheduling at least one OOS game going fwd. 

I agree. We had Mallard Creek (NC) on the schedule but that game got cancelled due to weather. I’m actually against beating up on instate teams and Coach Knotts has said we will start scheduling more OOS schools in the future. I know for a fact we’ve had conversations about future games with Oscar Smith(VA), Rome (GA), Colquitt Co. (GA), and Rickards (FL) so we’ll see who’s on the schedule for next year. 

In the past we’ve faced some talented OOS teams like Allen(TX) and lost 58-53 when the eagles still had Kyler Murray and Trinity(KY) 49-48. Those games were away so hopefully we can get some home games this time around. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

It’s hard to be ranked nationally when your schedule is filled with barely top 5000 ranked teams 

To Be the Best You Gotta Play The Best

We’ve played top ranked teams in the past. We went to Texas and faced top 5 Allen and lost by 5 when Kyler Murray was still the QB. We also went to Kentucky and faced off against powerhouse Trinity of Louisville. But when those teams don’t want to return the favor and come to SC it puts us in a bind to not schedule teams like that again. But make no mistake we aren’t afraid to play anyone. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DFSilverfox said:

We’ve played top ranked teams in the past. We went to Texas and faced top 5 Allen and lost by 5 when Kyler Murray was still the QB. We also went to Kentucky and faced off against powerhouse Trinity or Louisville. But when those teams don’t want to return the favor and come to SC it puts us in a bind to not schedule teams like that again. But make no mistake we aren’t afraid to play anyone. 

Well Byrnes doesn’t have no trouble finding a home and home. OOS 

@GardenStateBaller i think 💭 you know a guy that can make this happen

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If you would've done the same this season and won those games, you'd be Top 10. Easily. If national rankings are important to you, those OOS games are needed. Look at almost every other team ranked ahead of you, especially at the top. 

Agreed. we tried scheduling both teams again but neither wants to travel to SC, especially Allen with the UIL rule. I know for a fact we will have top ranked teams on the schedule next year so this won’t be the last of this conversation. 

20 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Well Byrnes doesn’t have no trouble finding a home and home. OOS 

@GardenStateBaller i think 💭 you know a guy that can make this happen

The rebels are very good. I think that lost against DBP was a fluke and they will likely be the team to challenge us in the playoffs. Not sure about a regular season matchup but we could possibly see each other this year. 

1 hour ago, DFSilverfox said:

And yet, when Rush ProPst came a callin, NOBODY was home! Lil Tommy Knockers don't want NONE of what we're a cookin!

We'll see how good they are, when they Play 'RADIO' and his T.L. Hanna squad! THAT, and JEFF HERRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

And yet, when Rush ProPst came a callin, NOBODY was home! Lil Tommy Knockers don't want NONE of what we're a cookin!

We'll see how good they are, when they Play 'RADIO' and his T.L. Hanna squad! THAT, and JEFF HERRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s funny!!!! I recall that Propst wanted to play us instead of Trinity Catholic but refused to come to SC or play on a neutral field! Why is that?? He had no problem playing at Grayson or beating up on poor little Warner Robins..... i guess we’ll never know. But Dutch Fork isn’t afraid of anyone so tell Propst come to the FOX DEN so we can feast on some Hawgs!! 

As to TL Hanna and Herron..... NO ONE IS WORRIED ABOUT THEM!!! They can barely make it past the first round of the playoffs LOL!!! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DFSilverfox said:

That’s funny!!!! I recall that Propst wanted to play us instead of Trinity Catholic but refused to come to SC or play on a neutral field! Why is that?? He had no problem playing at Grayson or beating up on poor little Warner Robins..... i guess we’ll never know. But Dutch Fork isn’t afraid of anyone so tell Propst come to the FOX DEN so we can feast on some Hawgs!! 

As to TL Hanna and Herron..... NO ONE IS WORRIED ABOUT THEM!!! They can barely make it past the first round of the playoffs LOL!!! 

Don’t mind Rab he’s a little touched,I think he was the kid on banjo in deliverance 

6827FEAE-43F7-4313-B22A-E6945A6EE7FD.gif

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, DFSilverfox said:

Hey don’t make fun of Rush

its not his fault that the packers Dodge tough OOS competition. Ohh wait nvm it is 100 % his fault 

@ORabidOne and his packers won’t schedule you guys unless it’s a for sure win and you gotta not be ranked in the top 15 of ur state.... that’s the only way the packers will play u and ya I forgot the Teams on house arrest and can’t leave the state

so that means 100% the packers play at home

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DFSilverfox said:

Herron is in his 2nd year.  Rebuilding a program in the doldrums.  Herron has won 5 big class Georgia state titles.  Everyone starts from a less successful place before winning - even Dutch Fork.

• Like 1