USA Today No. 23 Dutch Fork (SC)

DFSilverfox

Plenty of OOS school near SC. Brentwood Academy TN, Charlotte Christian NC, Highland Spring VA etc. All top 150 school. I do understand its harder to get schools from GA,FL,TX & CA to schedule a home-home series. Schools from those regions tend to play tough in-state games already and prefer home field advantage against non-recognizable OOS school. Its a popularity contest, a school like DLS is not going to travel halfway around the nation for "Dutch Fork" but rather Barnes. Especially almost beating the likes of Allen and Trinity is certainly going to scare a lot of schools away for a home-home. Had DF won those games the risk factor would be more inviting.

• Like 1

DF likely has its best team ever - even better than the one that nearly beat a great Allen team.  After all, that DF team lost in the state title game.  Right now, they are doing an Alabama to everyone - just name a score.

However, no Fort Dorchester on the schedule this year (till the playoffs).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Plenty of OOS school near SC. Brentwood Academy TN, Charlotte Christian NC, Highland Spring VA etc. All top 150 school. I do understand its harder to get schools from GA,FL,TX & CA to schedule a home-home series. Schools from those regions tend to play tough in-state games already and prefer home field advantage against non-recognizable OOS school. Its a popularity contest, a school like DLS is not going to travel halfway around the nation for "Dutch Fork" but rather Barnes. Especially almost beating the likes of Allen and Trinity is certainly going to scare a lot of schools away for a home-home. Had DF won those games the risk factor would be more inviting.

Brentwood Academy and Charlotte Catholic are very particular about who they play. Both Charlotte Christian and Catholic declined (partly because Knotts is a legend in that area). We have had talks about a home and home with Oscar Smith and Bishop Sullivan of Va. haven’t heard much about Highland Springs. I know for a fact that we will play Mallard Creek of North Carolina next year and possibly Rome of Georgia. I also wouldn’t mind playing Hewitt-Trussville or Daphne out of Alabama. Lots of options for coach Knotts but I know I’m tired of beating the same midlands teams every year.  

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Who wins this week, Gaffney or Dorman? @Bormio Thx! 

At Gaffney, but Dorman should win.  I know nothing about what happened Friday between Dorman and Spartanburg- other than Dorman eked it out.  Gaffney offense still sluggish (but apparently showed life in 2nd half last week).  Not sure Gaffney is not better than they showed vs Byrnes though.  I was in Charleston this weekend so missed the Gaffney game.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@DFSilverfox you agree? Your street cred depends on this pick ;) 

Gaffney doesn’t have the offense to beat Dorman IMO. They shoot themselves in the foot with far to many penalties and dumb mistakes. But if they can force Dorman into a couple turnovers and keep it low scoring I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Indians eek one out at the Reservation! A lot of people forget that Gaffney had the edge in Upper State Championship last year 10-7 until Dorman scored late in the 4th to win it. Dorman also could easily be 3-3 instead of 6-0 so anything can happen. 

The game to see in SC Friday is Fort Dorchester @ Berkeley! That should be a Barn Burner! 

Knotts is not a fan of third party promoters.  Felt he got shafted the three times one was involved (Herbstreit, Louisville, and Allen).  I can only speak on the first one and I agree with him.

Promised direct flight for team from Charlotte to Cincinnati leaving after 11am.  Less than ten days out plan changes to two layovers plus a 1.5 hour bus ride to Nippert instead of 35 minutes from originally planned nearest airport.  Flight left just after 7am and arrived at Nippert for a walk through at 9:30pm.  Over sixteen hours travel time from leaving school to arriving at stadium.  School system nearly stepped in to stop the trip due to the changes.  He wanted to play the game.  Were told they would stay at a top level hotel in downtown Cincinnati three miles from Nippert but ended up at the airport (not the one they landed at), which was only about 40 minutes from the stadium, but it was not the quality they were told.  Would have been better off busing to the game.  DeMatha got jacked around a bit, also.

Second year at Dutch Fork they went to Kentucky.  Did not get the full contracted payout.

Allen game they had to come up with about $300 more per player right at the end.  They provided their own travel to the airport.  Flights were switched from Columbia (SC) airport which added about an hour and change to the drive.  Not a big deal but complicated the logisitics.  For my big city friends, there is not mass transit in the area.  

I understand why Allen or another school that draws huge crowds does not travel.  Why give up a huge home gate or pay a team that is not really going to bring a lot of fans (due to the distance and cost).

• Like 1

Herron took T.L. Hanna from a 6-5 record to 11-1.  Big part is they won the close games that they lost in 2016 before he arrived.  They also had lost a couple by several scores in 2016. 

Hanna lost to Greenwood in the first round of the playoffs last year and Greenwood went down the following week.  Surprised they lost that game considering they rolled them by 35 earlier in the season.  Greenwood's Dan Pippin is an excellent coach, also!

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

image.jpeg.fcd7e52075fc099dd84142923a141481.jpeg

I base that on two different schools that had nearly identical scenarios play out in the last two years.  The only difference was the payout.  I know both HC's personally and spoke with one during the process.  The HC from the second school I spoke to after the fact but he told me an almost identical account.  What started out at $15k for one school went to $10k.  The second school started out at $10k and went to $5k.  Second school does not pull the crowds of the first so was willing to accept $5k less but could not cover the trip with only $5k.

Both coaches may have been telling me false stories but I found it strange that they both had nearly identical ones.  I personally could care less and it may have played out that way for a reason out of anyone's control. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btango said:

I base that on two different schools that had nearly identical scenarios play out in the last two years.  The only difference was the payout.  I know both HC's personally and spoke with one during the process.  The HC from the second school I spoke to after the fact but he told me an almost identical account.  What started out at $15k for one school went to $10k.  The second school started out at $10k and went to $5k.  Second school does not pull the crowds of the first so was willing to accept $5k less but could not cover the trip with only $5k.

Both coaches may have been telling me false stories but I found it strange that they both had nearly identical ones.  I personally could care less and it may have played out that way for a reason out of anyone's control. 

Interesting story. A lot of anonymous bullshit seems to me. 

Put em on blast if it's a true story. Who are these coaches that you know? This is a huge claim to level with no proof other than some he said she said bull. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

It’s not about football down there

it is 100% how to maximize the Most profit for their back Pocket

6439E187-0C62-48BB-9EC5-024F27156F59.gif

Sure... 

That's why.... 

Apply logic... 

Unfortunately Colquitt is in out in the woods and do you know how hard it is to get someone from far out to play? 

They'd have to fly into either Atlanta or Jacksonville and bus 3-4 hours to Colquitt.... 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Interesting story. A lot of anonymous bullshit seems to me. 

Put em on blast if it's a true story. Who are these coaches that you know? This is a huge claim to level with no proof other than some he said she said bull. 

Been discussed here before.  Actually had indepth conversations about it with Dallas before he disappeared from his site.

A person close to the program would know exactly who the schools were.

Personal opinion is that each school (Colquitt and School A) were trying to work the better deal and it fell apart.  School B just wanted to cover their expenses and may be make a little bit.  They felt they had nothing to lose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

It’s not about football down there

it is 100% how to maximize the Most profit for their back Pocket

6439E187-0C62-48BB-9EC5-024F27156F59.gif

They do a good job of putting a quality team on the field and I have no issue with trying to generate the most profit possible.