OT-Savants and Geniuses

AztecPadre

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

yes, the rebuttal is this easy.

I watched my mom her last years with alzheimer's disease.

Little by little she was leaving us. 

That, which makes us what we are, her mind, was leaving slowly. 

The idea that it would coalesce when the body died seems pretty far fetched.  

[...]

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. 

But as I showed in post above, nothing follows about the identity of the mind and brain from cases of dementia. 

This goes both ways: dementia doesn't show that the mind is the brain, and doesn't show that the mind isn't the brain. 

If it is non-physical as it relates to us,  it is then not us. 

But, why on earth would one think a mind is non-physical when all of existence is? 

[...]

Is this part of what's motivating your view, that if something is non-physical then it doesn't exist?

If that were true, then it would settle the issue.

But it's obviously false, when you think about it. 

Consider numbers. 

Belly Bob 

It seems you have a desired result and work to prove it. [...]

What one should do is observe and draw conclusions based on those observations. 

I agree that one should observe and draw conclusions based on those observations.

When I observe the brain, I don't see the mind. 

So I conclude that the brain is not the mind. 

I mean you could maybe argue that the brain is a physical motor that your soul uses as a carrier (along with the rest of your body), but then I'd have to ask does your soul change?   Are you born with the same soul you die with?   If a soul doesn't learn/change then are everyones souls the same?  Or are certain people blessed with a better soul (like DNA maybe)?  Would Shang Tsung be a little nicer if he stole Ghandi's soul?   So many questions!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I mean you could maybe argue that the brain is a physical motor that your soul uses as a carrier (along with the rest of your body), but then I'd have to ask does your soul change?   Are you born with the same soul you die with?   If a soul doesn't learn/change then are everyones souls the same?  Or are certain people blessed with a better soul (like DNA maybe)?  Would Shang Tsung be a little nicer if he stole Ghandi's soul?   So many questions!

Love it.  I do think the soul does learn by way of experience and through struggles and adversity.  This is where our free will comes in to play.  When we face a serious struggle In life, it's how we respond and react to it that we will either grow and spiritually evolve or we wont.  We have all seen people who when faced with a problem, blame others or become negative and depressed.  While other people use the experience to learn and grow.  

The soul, imo, Is with you always and forever.  It chooses to come here and live a human life in order to experience, learn and grow.  If we are not successful (meaning we did not take advantage when faced with struggles that we set up for ourselves) then we try again with a different body, family, circumstances, etc.  Eventually we will no longer need to come here and we will go on to learn and grow in a different environment.  

I don't think all souls are at the same level of progression though.  Nothing wrong with that it's just that I don't think they have been coming down here as much as some have.  When we die and leave this place, I think we continue to learn and when ready we move up another level to learn more challenging things.  

So, no soul is better than another soul.  They may differ in their progress and be more advanced but not better or worse.  Each soul I think is unique with varying degrees of abilities and strengths and inclinations.  As we progress we keep our accumilated knowledge and our tendencies to act in a certain way when faced with certain situations.  It can be a challenge to overcome these tendencies.

Lol. Not sure of I adressed any question you asked.  Kind of got carried away for a minute. 

I've mentioned this earlier but it's so fascinating I'll mention it again. There have been cases concerning split personalise where, in one personality they are diabetic and when the other personality takes over, the diabetes disappears instantly.  Only to return when the other personality shows up.  Or where one Is allergic to something and the other personality isn't.  That is nothing short of amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I've mentioned this earlier but it's so fascinating I'll mention it again. There have been cases concerning split personalise where, in one personality they are diabetic and when the other personality takes over, the diabetes disappears instantly.  Only to return when the other personality shows up.  Or where one Is allergic to something and the other personality isn't.  That is nothing short of amazing.

Seems fairly simple

one personality offers a different set of instructions.

great subject to do research with

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

exactly

not one shred of evidence, just a belief trying to be stuffed into science by  negatives

I assume we all understand how and why humans invested God... and soul by extension...

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

Belly Bob 

It seems you have a desired result and work to prove it. (like Echo with his GA cra%)

What one should do is observe and draw conclusions based on those observations. 

... you must do the research to have anything to observe.

Like CalPreps. Theres a reason I saved most states rankings from week to week. So I could play with, and observe, how teams and numbers were adjusting. Its what led me to the fact that states cannot be ranked together like Ned does it. He has state lists, and just copies and pastes all these teams together to make one big national list... unfortunately CP doesnt work that way... so it makes all the #s beside those teams names worthless.

Perhaps you need to get out of the hole you live in.

31 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I assume we all understand how and why humans invested God... and soul by extension...

IMO, an ingenious way to satisfy and calm the masses who have very little.  

"Well, they told me we'll be alright although we are poor and suffer now, because we will be rewarded in the next life!   So we shouldn't harm or try and steal from those who have what we want, we'll have it soon enough."

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

... you must do the research to have anything to observe.

Like CalPreps. Theres a reason I saved most states rankings from week to week. So I could play with, and observe, how teams and numbers were adjusting. Its what led me to the fact that states cannot be ranked together like Ned does it. He has state lists, and just copies and pastes all these teams together to make one big national list... unfortunately CP doesnt work that way... so it makes all the #s beside those teams names worthless.

Perhaps you need to get out of the hole you live in.

whenever i get a quote notification and it's from you i become hopeful that you have said something i can applaud.

yes, i, in earnest, try to support and nurture your intellectual growth. 

you keep disappointing me

and there is no need for your bitterness all the time (why the last line of your post?)

I blame DJ for much of your corruption. He encouraged you for post count and vendetta. 

He also taught you how to always make the last line of your post.... unpleasant. Another of his talents. 

Bottom line, you picked the wrong mentor. 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

IMO, an ingenious way to satisfy the masses who have very little.  

"Well, they told me we'll be alright although we are poor and suffer now, because we will be rewarded in the next life!   So we shouldn't harm or try and steal from those who have what we want, we'll have it soon enough."

Anything we were taught as children has the potential to limit our vision. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

numbers are not physical? in what way?

They have no size, shape, or weight. You can't put them into a shoebox or bump into them.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

the last couple posts are a bit surprising.

we see on scans where numbers reside [...]

I'm not sure what you mean. I hope you don't mean that numbers are parts of the brain.

If so, then how many 3s are there, would you say? About 7 billion?

And would 2 and 3 still be 5 when there are 0 brains? 

• Like 1

Just now, Belly Bob said:

They have no size, shape, or weight. You can't put them into a shoebox or bump into them.

I'm not sure what you mean. I hope you don't mean that numbers are parts of the brain.

If so, then how many 3s are there, would you say? About 7 billion?

And would 2 and 3 still be 5 when there are 0 brains? 

a concept is physically present in the brain

are you really disputing what brain scans have found in these regards? 

7 minutes ago, noonereal said:

and tell me Bill, tell me your theory of soul. How it all works... and support it, not with fallacies. 

I think that the soul is a non-physical simple. 

Also I've been listening to Philip Glass' Violin Concerto No 1. It's one of the best things I've heard in a long time. 

• Like 1