OT-Savants and Geniuses

AztecPadre

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not YET understood, or just unproven?

Take for instance our friend WorldCitizen and his "premonition". What if one of his other realities was ahead of the one where he had the accident, and his "future" self from that reality tried to bear him warning? As we know he didn't heed the warning, but he realizes there was a premonition or warning of the event. 

It's interesting stuff. I don't think it is a mystery that will ever be solved to the extent that proof could be shown definitively. In general people view the earth, the stars and the universe as inanimate and not living, but perhaps they are living, just not in the manner that most people can understand. That's probably just the Buddhist in me talking. Idk. 

there must be all kinds of methods for extrapolating the future that we are still unaware of

can you imagine how much exists around AND WITHIN us that we are oblivious to? 

I mean look at all the rays that pass right through us that we were oblivious to just 100 years ago. 

Most people think of the space between us as empty yet we know it's filled with gas... dense enough for bird and machine to fly on. 

I always find it fascinating to think of our atmosphere as water to the lowly bottom dwellers of the ocean

We are nothing but land bound, wingless crustacean. Not as agile as a shrimp!

Can you imagine trying to figure out the universe when you don't even view yourself as a lobster? 

That is what most do and why we have such ridiculous notions. 

• Like 1

You've read the histories. Men were executed for believing the Earth wasn't the center of the Universe. Funny how in such a short time, 400 years, we have since put a man on the moon, discovered other planets orbiting suns billions of light years away and have landed rovers on Mars.

If we make it another 100,000 years, imagine what humans will think of us. War, Disease, Polluters of our Planet, Use Fossil Fuels, Hunger in 3 World Nations, Wasteful of Resources, Global Warming, etc... We are still in the ape stages of human kind or we would not be fighting so much, wasting so much, trashing so much...

Interesting subject some of you are discussing about reading the future. déjà vu is experienced by most people, just some people do not have the clarity or even remember the dream to the degree others do. I know I've experienced it many times. The Challenger explosion for example, I told my wife about it 2 days before it happened. Plus several other events. It doesn't freak us out, but does make one stop and think. So much we still do not understand about the brain. I think Nooner is close when he wrote " I do believe that on VERY rear occasion, the subconsciousness can do the same and dump the results into the conscious brain without the conscious brain being aware when the info came from". 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

there must be all kinds of methods for extrapolating the future that we are still unaware of

can you imagine how much exists around AND WITHIN us that we are oblivious to? 

I mean look at all the rays that pass right through us that we were oblivious to just 100 years ago. 

Most people think of the space between us as empty yet we know it's filled with gas... dense enough for bird and machine to fly through. 

I always find it fascinating to think of our atmosphere as water to the lowly bottom dwellers of the ocean

We are nothing but land bound, wingless crustacean. Not as agile as a shrimp!

Can you imagine trying to figure out the universe when you don't even view yourself as a lobster? 

That is what most do and why we have such ridiculous notions. 

We "most" prefer to view the planet and universe as inanimate and dead. This gives "them" authority over it as being the only intelligent living things. It gives "them" the right to take from it more than "they" need. I think we should be getting back to taking only what we need to survive. Maybe I'm more conservative than I thought. 

I have long felt that all living things were connected, which is what sent me off on my readings of occult and religions, because the favorite religion of our country doesn't satisfactorily answer this thought that I continued to have, and it even suggested that we have dominion over all of it. I always in my heart of hearts deemed this as a perversion of the truth. 

Anyway, if all living things are connected, and then the planet and universe are living things, we are obviously connected to them as well. We should view our usage of them from a subsistence angle and only take from it what we positively need to survive as that is all we will ever be able to return to it upon our departure from our current vessel. This simple belief will be why you all see me take the particular stances and views on most everything, from capitalism to transgenders. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

If we make it another 100,000 years, imagine what humans will think of us. War, Disease, Polluters of our Planet, Use Fossil Fuels, Hunger in 3 World Nations, Wasteful of Resources, Global Warming, etc... We are still in the ape stages of human kind or we would be fighting so much, wasting so much, trashing so much...

You think any of this will change significantly? 

Let me ask you this, what do you base that on? 

OK, some particular as in how we source energy would likely be dramatically different but when you talk about things like war... it's going nowhere. Waste? same. Hunger, it should be gone TODAY, why isn't it? 

Yes we are still in the ape stages but so were we 100,000 years ago. Why would that suddenly change? 

Look to nature. ANY part of nature. Where do you see evidence for your vision of man? 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

OK, some particular as in how we source energy would likely be dramatically different but when you talk about things like war... it's going nowhere. Waste? same. Hunger, it should be gone TODAY, why isn't it? 

Yes we are still in the ape stages but so were we 100,000 years ago. Why would that suddenly change? 

Look to nature. ANY part of nature. Where do you see evidence for your vision of man? 

"We" won't find out. The universe is going to purge us if we don't change our ways. xD

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We "most" prefer to view the planet and universe as inanimate and dead. This gives "them" authority over it as being the only intelligent living things. It gives "them" the right to take from it more than "they" need. I think we should be getting back to taking only what we need to survive. Maybe I'm more conservative than I thought. 

I have long felt that all living things were connected, which is what sent me off on my readings of occult and religions, because the favorite religion of our country doesn't satisfactorily answer this thought that I continued to have, and it even suggested that we have dominion over all of it. I always in my heart of hearts deemed this as a perversion of the truth. 

Anyway, if all living things are connected, and then the planet and universe are living things, we are obviously connected to them as well. We should view our usage of them from a subsistence angle and only take from it what we positively need to survive as that is all we will ever be able to return to it upon our departure from our current vessel. This simple belief will be why you all see me take the particular stances and views on most everything, from capitalism to transgenders. 

Nice post, thanks for sharing your views, beliefs.

I too looked closely at alternate theories. For years. I never found any truth in them. It's all one big ball of invisible man in the sky... but constructed to make the "believer" more important than none believers. ME. Always come down to ME, the ego, id. 

Anyway, I no longer dedicate any time to it's ponderance. The old been there done that. (seriously, just like Echo's Cal Preps  drivel) 

Are we connected? It's more than connected, we are the universe. Just like our heart or kidney IS part of our body. So we agree.

As for being a benevolent benefactor of our world, LOL. 

It's not just us, oh my brother, it's everything. Everything that exists is greedy and selfish. That's not changing like I just posted above. 

55 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Hope. It is the best answer I have at this moment.

For one, disease will eventually cause a global unity of the leading nations to forge an alliance to save humanity. 

Second, information is a great equalizer. 3rd world nations will catch up eventually. Wars and world dominance will eventually fade as one language becomes the world standard. Communication is a big reason we are unable to work out agreeable terms. OR... we blow each other to dust with nukes and start over if it's possible. 

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

For one, disease will eventually cause a global unity of the leading nations to forge an alliance to save humanity. 

Second, information is a great equalizer. 3rd world nations will catch up eventually. Wars and world dominance will eventually fade as one language becomes the world standard. Communication is a big reason we are unable to work out agreeable terms.. 

much respect but.... never happen

man is egocentric, selfish and the nature of life demands we subjugate.  Anything that benefits us or makes us  more desirable than  the next guy....we are on it. (or next nation or next civilization) 

Millions of years of DNA at work here. 

appreciate your optimism, you are defiantly a healthier person to be around than someone like me that was born without that affliction. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

How realistic is time travel? 

I seen it once. 

I was sitting alone in the middle of the night in a back alley in Mexico and I lifted my head just in time to see two Federales turn the corner and start to make their way toward me. And since it was a long alley, I figured I had two or three minutes before the harassment started. And since I couldn't really move, I just lay my head back down and tried to gather myself for the confrontation. But the very next moment -- like instantaneously -- they were both standing over me, asking questions. I swear to God it happened just like that. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, noonereal said:

man is egocentric, selfish and the nature of life demands we subjugate.  Anything that benefits us or makes us  more desirable than  the next guy....we are on it. (or next nation or next civilization) 

appreciate your optimism, you are defiantly a healthier person to be around than someone like me that was born without that affliction. 

I thought you knew.  DNA can change and adapt in a generation. Having the need to change can bring that focus of "mind" that can cause fundamental change. Its a no "brainer".  The Galapogos are a good example in action.

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I thought you knew.  DNA can change and adapt in a generation. Having the need to change can bring that focus of "mind" that can cause fundamental change. Its a no "brainer".  The Galapogos are a good example in action.

Post kinda through me back....

Let me just say, this is elementary, understood by sophomores in high school. 

------------------------------------

To the exchange, 

your contention demands DNA mutates  AGAINST the nature of existence. 

Why would it "stick."

As I said, look at 100,000 years ago... not very significant change from today in what we are speaking of. 

-------------------------------------

Coincidentally, just the other day I was pondering how much DNA may be changed in one generation...

I don't like the word mutate much as I suspect DNA change is not quite as random as we are taught. 

That said, I know little of this biology, my interest, thoughts and readings lie in brains functions.

---------------------------------------

Thinking out loud.... these random changes of DNA tend to be in response to stimuli correct? Like smoking, sunlight, radiation....

and they are just somatic mutations.

Not knowing what to do in response, I guess this is where the randomness comes in. Try this try that... most all attempts fail. 

I need read more about germline mutations.....  that is to which you speak.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

question to all who believe in the soul and or the mind being more than the brain

What are your theories on how this all works?

How does a soul live on? 

The theories on the physics of it all. 

Man I love this stuff.  Here are a couple of links. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deepak-chopra/can-science-explain-the-s_b_675107.html

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/content/scholarly-journals

• Like 2

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

question to all who believe in the soul and or the mind being more than the brain

What are your theories on how this all works?

How does a soul live on? 

The theories on the physics of it all. 

If the mind or soul is a non-physical simple, then we shouldn't expect physics to explain any of it. 

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

'Science attempts to explore the ocean of consciousness from the outside. That is, the universe is taken to be ‘out there’, divorced from subjective experience and therefore measurable without personal bias. But if the brain is connected to the universe at the quantum level, the distinction between subjective and objective experience, between ‘in here’ and ‘out there’ no longer holds. The spacetime geometry configuration of the observed world is reproduced in the brain. Again, the Beatles said it well: ‘Your inside is out, and your outside is in. Your outside is in, and your inside is out.’

What do they mean IF the brain is connected to the universe on a quantum level (or any level for that matter)? I already told y'all it's so. xD

Consciousness/Soul after death — Consciousness occurs at the level of Planck scale geometry, and may remain unified after bodily death by quantum entanglement, moving through different scalar ‘astral’ planes.

I think I mentioned the astral projections etc. also. Visitations from our future self from across the astral plane or another layer of the universe/alternate dimension that manifests in our minds as the premonitions at times. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 8:33 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

Second, information is a great equalizer. 3rd world nations will catch up eventually. Wars and world dominance will eventually fade as one language becomes the world standard. Communication is a big reason we are unable to work out agreeable terms. OR... we blow each other to dust with nukes and start over if it's possible. 

On 2/28/2017 at 10:37 AM, noonereal said:

Yeah, I know... I was just trying to appeal to those that still have hope for mankind.

And for the record. DNA changes may occur in one generation but it's usually in the form of DOWNS or such. Hardly ever for the better.

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

I dunno Belly one little brain injury and the mind can change completely.  

32 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

There you go. Alzheimer patients lose their minds before they die. [...]

Good points, but I guess I disagree.

I don't think that the mind is literally lost in a case of severe dementia, although we do talk that way. Rather, I'd say that the properties of the mind change. 

And we can't infer that if A causes B, then A and B are the same thing. In fact, it's usually the case that when A causes B, A and B are not the same thing.

So even if brain events are related to mind events, it doesn't follow that the brain is the mind, or that brain events are mind events. 

Right?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Good points, but I guess I disagree.

I don't think that the mind is literally lost in a case of severe dementia, although we do talk that way. Rather, I'd say that the properties of the mind change. 

And we can't infer that if A causes B, then A and B are the same thing. In fact, it's usually the case that when A causes B, A and B are not the same thing.

So even if brain events are related to mind events, it doesn't follow that the brain is the mind, or that brain events are mind events. 

Right?

LOL, the tangled web of the mind...

I totally understand the point you made.  It gave me cause to think further on the subject.

The dementia patient does have a mind capable of though in most cases, just that the thought can not be output into intelligible sentences. I've asked a person in the early stages of Alzheimer if he knew what he was trying to say but couldn't put the words into sentences. He said yes. Until their brains shutdown completely, they seem to be dreaming. We think they have gone crazy when they laugh or cry, or get angry, but I think they are remembering stuff from the past and it is real to them. So who knows... 

12 hours ago, 954gator said:

I dunno Belly one little brain injury and the mind can change completely.  

yes, the rebuttal is this easy.

I watched my mom her last years with alzheimer's disease.

Little by little she was leaving us. 

That, which makes us what we are, her mind, was leaving slowly. 

The idea that it would coalesce when the body died seems pretty far fetched.  

Where was it "hanging out" in the meantime? 

And just what parts were on hold? Everything since the day she was born? Without disease we lose so much, change so much. 

I am not who I was. Either are you. How does the sole keep assembled all of it?

And if it doesn't, who wants to live forever in the state you were in at death? 

None of it makes scene as you can see.

15 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

If the mind or soul is a non-physical simple, then we shouldn't expect physics to explain any of it. 

If it is non-physical as it relates to us,  it is then not us. 

But, why on earth would one think a mind is non-physical when all of existence is? 

Again with the egocentric nature of man.